Chapter 2

THE WAR

The female shivered a little at the sudden change of personality. Lowering her head even more, she introduced herself as she was practiced to.

 

My General Oh Sehun, I’m not worthy for your attention. May i ask why you would need to know my filthy self when your greatness stops at nothing closer to me?

 

Sehun loved to be treated like a superior, it was so good to hear people make themselves look smaller while making him like the best but right now he was impatient. He groaned in annoyance. “Listen women, when i wanted to know something, and i ask you, you answer me immediately. Do you understand?

 

The female flinched at the demanding tone but nodded. “Forgive my rude self, General. My name is Park Jiyeon, My General. I’m twenty three of age. I’ve a younger sister and a mother. I’m a dancer, and sing sometime if the situation asks me. That’s all I’ve to inform you General Oh Sehun.

 

And that was more than enough to know. General smirked as he eyed her body once again, this time as if he has all rights to do this. The introduction repeated itself in his brain. As much as he loved the beauty in front of his eyes, sitting there being all pretty, he would rather see her appealing him by dancing and without a second thought, he bossed around the petite girl.

 

Jiyeon,” he said the name in his deep voice, and he really liked it in some way even if there was nothing much special to the name. “You said you’re a dancer. I’m sure you don’t mind putting a show or two for me, do you?

 

The beauty squeaked at the command and turns her frightened eyes to chief who was just as helpless as she was. If only she know the chief was having fun in all this upside down turn of events.

 

Eyes landed dead on spot with the General, she at least tried to excuse herself. “I very much don’t mind my General. I deeply apologize but I’ve to be somewhere el-

 

Are you perhaps denying my order? This is the second time you tried to disobey my command. Women, don’t test my patient and do as you are told to. Otherwise consider yourself punished.” General Sehun cut her off and raised his voice in offensive level.

 

The beauty bowed to him in deep apology. The trembling lips and those shiny building up tears were something she can’t control though. So she let them be and found herself in front of the General to put a show for him.

 

She slowly stand up on her feet, her submissiveness was a massive invitation to General’s guts. She turns her back to the General. The way she turned around while holding her head high was offensive as she grudging show him her back, as if telling him he wasn’t worth time. To top it all, a low whisper of 'ert' was heard with a scoff.

 

Chief gasped in horror. He finds it so much offensive that he found himself rising on his feet and shows the dancer her true place. A one step was all he could take because in second, he was stopped by the General himself.

 

Chief knowing well how mad General would be bowed his head immediately without meeting the man’s eyes. What’s the point to see the flame filled eyes when they so much wanted to hurt you? He admit whatever General was going to do to the dancer, she deserve it for being bold enough to challenge the undefeatable man while being herself nothing more than an ordinary dancer. When nothing happened for a few seconds, he looked up at The General.

 

Shocked, he widened his eyes in question. His General was smiling, like really smiling at the dancer. As if she just didn’t insult him. The man who punishes the strongest warriors in the kingdom just because they’d unintentionally raised their voice at him let a mere dancer with no good life go. Not to mention such a bold act deserve no less than a whipping.

 

General...?” Chief questioned.

 

General Sehun smiled at the man and shakes his head finding the situation more amusing then offensive. “Its okay, come and sit.

 

Chief find himself sweating at the unusual kind act of General Oh Sehun, Unsurely, he tried again. This was out of his personality. He was unforgiving and aggressive so why? Why did he leave the dancer? It was fishy to the chief.

 

General Oh Sehun, i deeply apologize for her unbelievably rude manners. I’ll make sure she would never rep-”

 

At that, General raised his hand, commending the chief to stop with the gesture as he deadpanned. Chief fearfully stared and now he admits he was the same ruthless General.

 

Did i say something about her attitude? Rude or not, when i don’t have a problem, then who are you to punish her?!” General furiously asked the Chief.

 

The dancer shivered at the loud voice. She frightfully turns around to see the Chief on the floor, bowing in deep apology as the General glared down at him. She instantly felt the guilt rush through her blood. If she wouldn’t have been bold enough, Chief wouldn’t be getting scolded like this. The tears build up as the General seemed a total different person from earlier. He was horribly strong that made her feel so weak under his presence alone.

 

General had more to say. He parted his lips to spat more insults until he felt the dancer has her focus on him. Sharply his gaze fall on her and the dancer gasped in surprise, taking a step back while shaking terribly. This was different from how he was looking at her a while ago. General’s heart weakened at the shaking form of a petite girl, he almost felt bad for scaring her, almost.

 

Turning to the Chief, he stared down at him in arrogance. “You shall not punish or nag at her. I command you. If by any chance i heard that, you might as well be preparing for the worse from me, understood?!” General Sehun demanded, not hiding the biasness.

 

The Chief bowed again. “As you wish General Sehun, I’ll do exactly how you want me too. Again i apologize for upsetting your great self. Please accept it.”

 

Sehun huffed and rose on his feet powerfully. His brows still frowned and so his lips, his huge body so build up was truly a terrifying side. Now she felt her body shivering in true fear at the man. If she would know this fact, she wouldn’t have dared to do so. Feeling his eyes upon herself, she bowed down in respect and fear.

 

General then turned around, stomping away confidently. Well, who wouldn’t with such a body and a willful mind?

 

Before General leave entirely, he stopped.

 

I heard tonight is the celebration. I expect from you to dance for me. Please, appear in your most graceful self.

 

 

Hearing that, Dancer opened her eyes in surprise at the fact the ruthless man said 'please'. It was new, for the General would rarely use this word when he’s not around the King.

 

Yes, My General. My beauty isn’t worth your attention but this is honor you would consider to give me your attention. I shall do my best tonight.” She said pleasantly even if she was scared of his beastly form. She already saw how impatient he was.

 

I would see then.” General said turning away leaving the tense atmosphere.

 

 

 

Groans crawl up General Oh Sehun’s throat. He frowned at the blank space in embarrassment. He was shielded inside his large tent, all corner of it closed up because apparently, General was embarrassed at himself for saying some stupid stuff and generally acting like a love fool. His cheeks all rosy from the things he said there. The more he remembered what happened and what he did in chief’s tent, the more he felt like his pride was going down.

 

'I heard tonight is the celebration. I expect from you to dance for me. Please, appear in your most graceful self.'

 

Another groaned escaped as those ert and pure pathetic words repeated in his mind. He just for the sake of forgetting what happened smacked his head on the wood table. A dull sound of smacking echoed and for a second he forgets that moment and focused on the dull pain.

 

The tent was being opened from outside as came in his brat of a brother, a worry laced on his forehead.

 

Is everything okay General?” Another General came in and asked, just like Jongin, he was worried.

 

A few seconds were spent in silence, for General Sehun has just happened to introduce himself into another embarrassing moment. What should he say? That he was being stupid and say some stupid things and now he felt like a stupid remembering them so he smacked his head to forget that and guess what? It worked. Great! That was the lamest thing he would ever say.

 

I...”

 

Jongin walked in more as General Sehun wasn’t usually like this. The other General followed behind Jongin, to see if General Sehun was fine or was he drunk.

 

General Sehun took some paper from the drawer and start writing something, anything that would make him avoids their judging eyes. He can’t simply look down for that would seem like a submissive or a weak action from him so writing was far better. The blood rushed to his ears and neck too. They were flushed.

 

General Sehun, the warriors are ready to leave. Everything is prepa-

 

General finally looked up and once again felt like pulling his hair. Interjecting, he ordered in firmness. “About t-that, Chief wanted to celebrate and he wondered if we could stay for a night so i agreed. Let the man know we’ll stay another day. Tomorrow we’ll leave early.” It was lie because Chief didn’t say anything but true the celebration was happening.

 

The uncertainty crossed the General’s facial features but he saluted anyway. He trusted the man over his life so he let the strange unknown behavior go. “I’ll inform them right away General Oh Sehun!” With that he marched away, leaving the two Oh brothers alone.

 

Jongin kept his suspicious look upon his elder brother. General Sehun sighed as he was getting annoyed at his brother’s nosiness. Faking an obvious fake smile, General Sehun looked back at his brother, silently hinting he wasn’t pleased with his presence.

 

Is there something wrong?” General asked, trying to sound causal.

 

Jongin nodded, still had his eyes narrowed in suspiciousness. Walking a safe distance close, he sat down.

 

You seem jumpy and... this sudden news of staying another day...?

 

General Sehun tried to play it innocent. “What are you talking about? And beside i told you chief asked if we could stay-”

 

You don’t give a damn about invitations, Hyung. I have a feeling you’re up to something. You never really attend this kind of celebration so there must be something.”

 

The lack of answer proved that much so the younger Oh’s son continued bugging the elder. “Come on, tell me what it is? Don’t be like this, I’m your brother and i deserve to know what you’re planning to do. By any chance, is there a spy or betrayer between us? Or there’s important announcement you want to ma-

 

Jongin, out! I won’t repeat myself.”

 

Jongin glared standing up on his feet. It was the same tone that says 'I’ll punish you if you didn’t listen! Grumbling he was closed to be out until he heard General calling him back. He half entered as a big childish frown was on his face.

 

What?” Annoyed, Jongin grunted.

 

General cleared his throat. “Um... I want you to do me a favor. Search everything about a girl name Park Jiyeon, she’s a dancer. Age i think twenty three or something. Before mid-night, i wanted this information. I don’t care ask from peoples around or straight ahead go to her, just do it.”

 

Jongin has baffled expression on his face as the General’s cheeks turned rosy again. Jongin wasn’t naturally smart but the obvious hints of crush were all over the tent. Those blushing, strange way of talking, sudden change of decision such as attending the useless celebration, even a stutter. Jongin would’ve throw all his theories away if the words were spoken seriously with a natural authority but they were anything but that. It was obvious the girl wasn’t someone as a duty to check, but someone who might have affection in General’s stone heart. A knowing smirk took place as he nodded. But before he could leave, he teased his Hyung.

 

Finally I’m going to have a sister-in-law. I thought i would die before seeing your children.”

 

As a loud growl escape General mouth, Jongin jogged away, chuckling to himself. Sehun sighed. Where was the respect he deserves? That brat truly needs a lesson or two. His eyes landed on his rough palm. He was blushing too much and that consider a weakness and so he decided to practice to hide his emotions. Otherwise he was going to be stripped of his pride just like that. Not a pleasant thing to happen.

 

 

 

 

The evening came and the villagers were walking here and there, different shapes of trays in their grasp with equally nice and delicious looking food inside. The food smell was most likely around the largest tent where the celebration was actually going to be.

 

Ladies walking in their beautiful glory, their clothes were revealing but that’s just how the women in Yangdong wear. For them, it was natural but for the warriors that came from the castle, well they thought differently and couldn’t keep their eyes to themselves as they checked out every female that walk by them. They were scolded few times by high rank Generals, still that didn’t stop the shameless ogling.

 

The place outside the tent and inside was so noisy. It was hard to hear what the other was talking but who would stop them when peoples were happy. It was a magnificent sight. A cozy and friendly, no one had the heart to tell them quiet down no matter how noisy the crowed got and it did get nosier as more people came.

 

General Sehun was at the side, staring at the folks. The shiny clothes of females hurt his eyes, yet he couldn’t find it in himself to get irritated by it. And he would admit the women in this village had quiet admirable beauty. Must be some sort of secret. He shrugged, knowingly well if this news went to castle, the princess would sure be envious. He would rather keep everything under control so he would make sure to worn his man 'What they see here, stay here.'

 

He wasn’t in his armor, a simple white shirt with a grey pants. They were the same he wears under his armor. Still his sword was with him, clung to his back. No one can grantee what could happen. Casually his arms were rested against his muscled chest. His tall and gracious body was a pleasant sight to many. Actually just as much as he was admired for his body, talent and intellectual; he was hated all the same. He was as the best General as king would choose but sadly when it comes to citizen or majority, he was far from that. His strict and aggressive- biased self-made many hate him. Biased was what made him mostly hated, he would be harsh upon everyone but when it comes to his loved or closed one, he would be making it easier for them. It was such a bad quality because bottom line was he wasn’t fair when it comes to his favorite peoples.

 

A hand tapped on his shoulder from the back. He uncrossed his arms and turned out curiously. He’s been standing like a statue for like half hour and no one bothered to even greet him without a quick formal greeting in a celebration where everyone was too happy to actually address someone with ranks. For Sehun, it sure irked him for being out casted in such way but he was smart enough to not complain about it. After all, he was the one who grow fear in their hearts so it was expected.

 

"Gener-”

 

"Aiish Stop calling me that!” General snapped at his younger brother whose jaw dropped at the unusual request. Wasn’t he who demanded to always be acknowledge with utter respect otherwise would get a deserved punishment.

 

General Sehun sighed and shakes his head as if he was in utter disappointment. "Just continue what is it you came for?

 

Jongin slowly adjusted to the previous words and the next spoken ones. And he would have loved to laugh at his elder brother, yet sympathy find its way across the adventurer’s heart. His elder brother was so uptight because that’s all he know how to do, and beside Kai was treated right by him so he felt bad.

 

Leaning closer to his elder brother, Jongin whispered. "Jiyeon girl, I find almost everything about her. She’s one interesting.

 

Jongin never thought that Jiyeon would have that kind of effect on his elder’s brother. Where he find his brother’s lip curling into a beautiful smile that none saw before, where his eyes turned into raw emotions and where he seemed to be lost in the world which was more fantasy than reality. The almost dead white and so thin cheeks colors submit to lovely and lively pinkish hue.

 

Instantly, General Sehun faced away from his naughty younger brother and gazed at the crowd. He must admit the crowed was no joke. Many faced death few days ago so where all these people came from? Were they hiding in the war time? He understands when he realized the place was forty percent male while the rest contained of females and children, younger and old; all happy.

 

The General let out a deepest sigh, not out of relief but at the life he lived and what he was toughed. Happiness, sadness, loves were the things he doesn’t know how to perform. Rage, betrayal, greed, dominance, fame and power were what he learned. A few he saw who loved but those few were called weakling, fool people. Well love and sadness were the emotions that people where he lived keep behind closed doors. So being in love what he assumed is... He can’t explain yet but he was sure it made his boring and lazy heart more excited maybe? Soon, he’s going to find about it once he could have a little break from work. And now he was more excited to hear the information on the pretty little one that might have stolen his heart.

 

 

 

 

 

Once they were in the privacy of General Sehun’s tent, General Sehun sat down and the younger man followed sitting in front of him on his legs.

 

Sehun stared at the man in expectations. Jongin, the younger Oh family boy had that naughty glint in his eyes but was too afraid to actually state how he felt this new side of his elder brother. Sure it would be fun to see the heartless and rock like man squeal and fidget, generally became all out of his character but the results won’t worth it.

 

"Obviously you know the basic information. Impossible if you didn’t ask her right there so shamelessly. You know sometimes you can be so shameless that it hurts to see you as my elder brother. I mean you’re so stro-

 

"-Will you just go to the point, don’t talk nonsense when you’re in my presence.” Sehun glared annoyed at the younger, his rough palm brushing his hair in sudden annoyance. The younger always managed to get under his skin no matter what.

 

Smile turning into a creepy smirk, the younger started. "Well, she’s not worthy of our family. You have to talk with father if you really want her.” Now the smirk was vanished as he became more serious, almost sympathy towards his elder brother.

 

A questioning look was given from Sehun and Jongin decided to spill the beans. "She’s sort of... is used here for relief of these villagers for money. This is immoral sin which can’t be accepted in our family. Her mother is suffering from her father’s death till today. Her younger sister... Well... She’s still a kid not older than ten. Basically the money Jiyeon earn is what they have. She dances for people’s pleasure and sing when told to. She’s the image of this village and expected to always have great manners. For now, she’s single but i think very soon she’s going to be wedded to chief’s son if not the old man himself. Her beauty is admired here though. Like a role model.” Jongin tried to understand the feelings of his elder brother who has that look of emptiness on his face.

 

Sehun kept looking blankly. This isn’t what he expected to hear, not about that girl. He should have though, because beauty like this stays pure in such a place without a man, it was close to impossible.

 

"Make sure no man get closer to her from this moment on. It’s my order.” Sehun deadpanned but his voice filled with unexplainable anger.

 

The younger had frowned at the request. "Sehun! The girl is not worthy of our family! She is going to degrade our family’s name, try to think. Many had slept with her; do you think she deserves to have you? No, she doesn’t!

 

Sehun silently heard and he couldn’t agree more but... He was unable to change his decision. He looked down, struggling to find a way to make her his without ruining his family’s so hard earned reputation. His grandfathers worked so hard and shed their blood not for his disgrace self to come and ruin life’s just for a girl who was no good in society other than with a mark of on her forehead. Now, was it worth it? Of course it wasn’t. Yet he fined his desires of having that beauty as his winning against his loyalty towards his family.

 

A few minutes were spending in utter silence.

 

"Then we should lie about her identity. I’m going to have her one or another. If i have to lie to world for that beauty so be it.”

 

The younger’s expression darkened to furry. "Don’t you understand?! You are lusting over her, it’s not love! You won’t even treat her right if you’re only going to have her because she’s beautiful.”

 

 

Sehun looked up and his face was full embodiment of evil. "Well, i won’t dare to say otherwise. I want her because of her appearance. Treating her right, like her doesn’t deserve this. You of all people should know. The only reason i want her because she’s beautiful and would sure fulfill my needs. That’s what i want, nothing more or less.” Sehun rising on his feet start walking to the exit before stopping one last time.

 

"This is my decision. I dare you to try and come to change my mind, Jongin, i dare you.” Sehun hissed with warning before left the tent, leaving the younger in shock. Jongin always know his brother had that something evil in him but this- it was the new level of evilness he witnessed. His eyes watered at the thought of his brother treating a woman this way. No one deserves to be treated like this, not even a .

 

 

 

General Sehun was comfortably sited beside the chief, a glass of wine in his grasp. Chief was talking to him while the General completely ignored the man, not in the mood to play nice. The tent was full of peoples, hearing the music and a women singing. Two ladies with maroon short skirts and gray shirts dancing beside the singing women. Their clothes were inappropriate in the palace so the soldiers who came from the outside were shocked, flushed or shamelessly ogling. Of course, the Oh brothers were never known to have even a little innocence in them. It was a surprise they were Oh Yunho’s children. Yunho might have a lot of power in his body but before his wedding he was clueless of the gender differences between male and female. He was naive and got scolded by elders way too many times. He was different, when boys around him talk about ual pleasure; he would naively say he find pleasure by fighting. It would leave all dumbfounded. The boy was eighteen when he was in arranged marriage. It was embarrassing day of his father’s life, teaching his son how to breed on the wedding night. It come a total surprise when his first son, Sehun at the age of fifteen harassed a woman. Of course Sehun was punished for the doing and Yunho let the boy be without a care, claiming he was the disappointment. Even if the news were hidden yet no one could change the reality. The second son, Jongin, apparently was no any better. He would flirt around from young age and boy; he lost his ity at thirteen. Some people accused Yunho that he adopted the kids because Yunho and his wife were by far the most innocent couple when it comes to ual life. Sure, Yunho was strong with skills and his wife was a strong willed women, quiet harsh but reasonable. It was a surprise to everyone when the two kids were dirty minded, opposite to their parents.

 

"So General Sehun, I’m glad you and your soldiers could join us. The night couldn’t get any better.”

 

Sehun tried his best to not grimace. For some reason, he had grown to hate chief. Maybe it was from what happened in the morning or maybe he simply hates him like he hates many others for no apparent reason. General Sehun doesn’t need reason to hate or love someone.

 

"I’m sure it’s going to get better.” General said, smiling mischievously. Tonight, he’ll take what is his. She was nowhere in sight though. He craned his neck to the right corner where the few women and man were standing waiting to dance. Jiyeon was a dancer too, a very good one so where she was? None of them were her. Feeling fidgeting, he turns to the chief once again to ask the blatant question.

 

"Chief, I was won-” Immediately he stopped in the mid. He shouldn’t be acting this way. He should be calm and collected. And also act unaffected by everything but what was it? Was it love? Does he sound like he was in love? Because thinking for a girl and getting all restless then even dare to shamelessly ask her whereabouts. It was so out of his personality.

 

"Uh... You were saying...?” chief asked, unsure what does the man of power want. He took his attention so he must have to say something, right.

 

General flushed over the stupid reason but forced his facial features to stay expressionless. "Oh about that,” He tried to think a reason as his eyes roamed around and once he thought a good reason, he calmly finished with. "I was wondering when this celebration will end. Normally celebrations like these always end late at mid night.”

 

Clever you are. General Sehun mentally praised himself for sounding so... Casual, rather than an emotional wreck he was inside.

 

"We would love to keep going that late but we’ll cut it short today. As you see, there’s so many work left to do and you, our soldiers need to leave early too so we can’t tire you warriors with us till mid night.” explained the chief, obliviously.

 

General Sehun smiled. That’s mean he could meet his love? Whatever kind of feelings he has for her, he’ll meet her earlier. That’s good, because he planned an announcement.

 

Being patient was hard, so hard that it hurt Sehun. Yet he learned to be patient for the sake of his today and future self. It wasn’t easy to be how he is today. It took him so much to be the man he’s today. He became the pride and joy of the family with his own efforts. There was easy way, he could’ve used his father and grandfathers name like Jongin did and get everything he wants with a little work but Sehun’s lust for power and greed made him do all the work instead of hearing peoples saying what he was only because of someone else, let it be his father. He wanted from people to talk about how he earned what he have, and not received in a silver plate with little work. Patient was one of the lessons he learned the hard way. But at least he did. Now waiting for the girl, he didn’t sound eager. Otherwise, he would have already flipped everything and demanded to see the girl right at that moment. It’s been two hours and here he was, watching a two couples dance with a really slow and soft melody in the background. Someone even poured powder like something on the fire around the couples, a white smoke spread around the couple’s feet. General Sehun would lie if he said he didn’t enjoy it, he did. That’s why he find himself still under control instead of boiling like steamed water.

 

Now that doesn’t mean General Sehun didn’t enjoy celebration, he totally did but a little different kind of. This one was too respectful for his taste. Hence, he finds his thoughts drifting towards a certain girl more than half the time.

 

The show of the couples came to an end and the loud boisterous applaud burst in the large tent. Even General Sehun was applauding for the couples, mostly because he had to leave a good image. The couples bowed for everyone. Sehun noticed the smile on their lips were so sincere and beautiful. Something he didn’t have the honor to see usually.

 

And it became silence again for the next performer. General Sehun stayed calm, eyes on the little stage and two minutes later, music was played by few male and female. He sighed in dejection; music, great.

 

A few second passed and he heard the rhythm of music slightly changed, wolfish whistles were loud, as if flirting one. It wasn’t the first time in this but every time this kind of whistles were heard, a beautiful girl was on the stage, dancing, singing or talking doesn’t matter. So General thought to actually look at the beauty on the stage in curiosity.

 

Once his eyes landed on the girl, he felt his heart stop beating for a second. Those doe like large eyes that captivated him the first time he looked inside them.

 

Jiyeon.

 

Her makeup was light, but the lipstick she had was bright red, screaming for attention. Presumably his attention, he would like to think. Her hair was so long, so soft and silky, the brown color shining as she started to dance.

 

General led his eyes down on her golden full of crystal shirt was small, like it ended right below her . The milky flat tummy on display for the world to see what originally belonged to him. This made him clenched his fist. Still being himself he explored her body further. A silver thin belt filled with colorless crystal on it was hanging on her hips just below her belly button. The black silk skirt was so long that it reached her feet, two slits from the both side of her legs. From the hips, it hugged her curves so well, showed her figure that no man can resist. The accessories wrapped around her ankles look so shiny silver. The same were on her upper arms and he focused then, that she was grabbing a small black see-through cloth. Another female came and helped her wearing it on her head which end up hiding her beautiful face from his sight. She was veiled now. Well, he kind of was fine as no man would see her beauty which belongs to him now.

 

She slammed her both palms together in front of her and slowly start leading them up. Once they were above her head, she swayed her hips. The music suddenly took a turn to the boisterous one and dancer started to move her body with it, more like her hips because her hands weren’t moving as much as her hips were. And then he finds himself surprised as the dancer started rolling her hands and her feet half on the ground, the half on air, like a sneak walk. He find himself often looking at her tall legs, those beautiful legs that made him loose his mind.

 

He felt his breath hitched and then abruptly becoming faster at the way her hips were moving, getting all the attention he could give. He clenched the fabric of his pants, trying to stay in control. His face slowly turning red at the way she flirted using her body. He would have loved it if they were alone and then he frowned remembering he wasn’t alone watching such rated R show performed by his future partner.

 

Taking a quick look, he saw everyone in and out of tent staring at the show with utters focus and some jaws drooped, even his man too. Cursing them under his breath he looked at the dance and he was surprised at how close she was now, there eyes met and being shocked he unconsciously opened his eyes a little too and lips parted for the breath he wasn’t getting enough and almost dead when the dancer had the nerve to wink, while placing her two tiny palms on her hips then turned around and started rolling her hair, still the sway of her hips never stopped. And the fact was this particular move was specifically for him as she kept making eyes contacts with him even if she was one to break all the time. Feeling his body getting hot and most likely turning on he decided to glare at the girl for doing this to him. It’s as if the dancer knows she had that effect on him and wanted to bring him down. General Sehun was a true man and he urged his already tired self to hold some more in, because a women with her standard couldn’t just come and sweep him off his feet like this. He had to stand his ground and not be effecting by a seducing dance.

 

She ended the dance by sitting down on her one knee, the elbow on the knee and palm in the air. A beautiful smiled could be seen from the veil and the music stopped totally.

 

General Sehun applauded the first and the most powerful one too and the others followed appreciating the performance as they show their love. The girl joined back to other females, chatting happily with them as the veil that covered her face was off once again.

 

He darted his attention to the right side when he heard shuffling. Chief was standing up and headed to the center of the stage. Must be his speech Sehun thought grumbling. He wanted the night to come to an end and wait was getting harder and harder.

 

"My people, you all have worked hard for the past days. We might have lost our family member and loved ones but let’s not let this discourage us. We shall keep going on their names that we loved and lost. Let’s work harder and prove the lives of dead weren’t wasted- rather they sacrifice themselves for the better future. The better future we are going to work hard to have. Do you understand my people? Let’s not give up; life is too short to feel sorrow. One day we all shall die so make something out of the life you have been given.” Peoples cheered at the chief’s speech, some has tears ready to fall while other kept a fake strong facade, hiding the pain inside. Remembering the people they lost just three days ago hurt. Many souls looked lonely because before three days, they were happily- truly happily with their friends or family.

 

General Sehun looked around and he must admit, the chief was quiet respected and was wise enough to control all these people.

 

"And while we are at it, let’s not forget our soldiers who came to fight for us, our great king send them for us. General Oh Sehun is commander of the defense and he succeeded in his plans. Let’s show them the respect they deserve.” Chief turned to General Sehun who didn’t take long to hide all the emotions from his face. First chief bowed and then a few seconds later, the villagers bowed. General Sehun nodded at the respect and unconsciously, he searched for the dancer who was also bowing. At this, he couldn’t help the smug smile spreading on his face. His chest swells with pride.

 

After that people did what they felt like doing. Some danced, some chatted, some singed. Some attacked on the food and here General Sehun was, enviously glaring at the man who keeps flirting with his women. Yes, he already starts calling her that. A little bit more till she knows to whom she belonged. He told himself.

 

He felt the presence behind his back so he turned around only to find his brat of a brother frowning at him. General Sehun knows well the cause of that frown on the otherwise cheerful face. He sighed loudly and then once again turned to look upfront.

 

Jongin sat beside him, still not opening his mouth like he usually do.

 

"Spit it out.” General Sehun finally had it so he asked- demanded.

 

Jongin huffed, as if controlling the desire to not raise his voice. "Look, she might seem happy and i don’t even care if she is or not,” Pausing to look at his elder brother, who had sudden change of facial expression. He continued. "The point is... You don’t love her. You wanted her for her beauty. And I’m quite sure she won’t be pleased with that. And to make the situation worse, once our parents know that she’s a ; do you think they’ll treat her nicely? That they won’t get mad? They’ll ignore her existence and point out her flows, Sehun. I’m just saying that... It’s going to ruin her life. She won’t have anyone there. The only family she would have is you and your parents and if you guys aren’t treating her right... Do you think she would live with that? I know she’s but that doesn’t give you the right to ruin her life. It’s unfair.

 

General Sehun kept his expression in that even if he considered what his brother said, it wasn’t obvious. Jongin painfully stared at his brother’s heartless personality. He sighed and left when he didn’t get the answer. If only he know that Sehun was thinking about what he said. It’s just general Sehun was so good at hiding his emotions. And also his selfish side was never to back down.

 

 

 

 

As everyone start eating Sehun kept stealing glances at the dancer who was as naive as she talked and talked. At this point, Sehun already saw the dancer’s younger sister and mother. That’s just how he creeps upon her.

 

Finishing his food, he stared around the whole tent. Many were finished and were just sitting anywhere chatting and laughing. General felt the smirk crept up on his dangerous manly face. Finally the time has come.

 

He cleared his throat to get the chief's attention.

 

"I wanted to make announcement. For that, i would appreciate if you tell your peoples to grant me some attention.

 

Chief blankly stared for few seconds. Wondering what he just said. A second time General Sehun cleared his throat.

 

"Uh ah... R-right... As you wish General, i would do that as long as you are pleased.” Chief was hesitant when he stood up and went to the same stage where many performed.

 

"I see everyone is enjoining the celebration. It’s good to know. Anyway Our General Oh Sehun, the great leader wanted to make announcement. Hear him out with utter respect that he absolutely deserves. General Sehun, please come over here.” Chief bowed to General Sehun who rose on his feet with smug expression.

 

The soldiers gave each other confused look while the villagers admired the man for his power and authority over the kingdom. They heard he was one of the most loved by the king himself. There must be something other than his overly handsome features and a great body that made the king to like him.

 

General Sehun faked a smile but the frown on his shaped eyebrows didn’t leave, still not giving the impression of friendliness like he wanted so the smile was wasted. He looked at the direction where the dancer was seated. She had her full attention on him like everyone else, not to mention it pleased the General like nothing.

 

"In the past three days i had spent here, i never regretted a moment to have come here. In fact everyone amused me with their personalities. Villagers here are so nice and i from the core of my heart appreciate everything you peoples did for me and my soldiers, i could never ask for me.” It was a big fat lie. He didn’t enjoy it until today when he met the dancer. He didn’t even bother to look at people, let alone notice their kindness towards him. Yes, he met few who served him like how he was treated in the palace but these things are something General grown to think as his rights. Yes, he was a total big fat lair.

 

People smiled at the words that flow from the General’s mouth so flawlessly. They bowed to the General again in gratitude.

 

"But when i came here, it wasn’t my intentions to find a bride for myself. In fact it was never on my mind till i came here and saw many beauties. It come a big surprise when one of these beauties stole my heart. Now if tomorrow, i go like this without my heart, i doubt I’ll live longer than that.

 

It was silence as everyone was shocked at what they heard. It came awfully fast and knocked them out because, The General Sehun could choose from many city girls yet out of those girls in there, he happens to like a girl in here, in this tiny ruined village and a villager’s girl? It wasn’t possible to any villagers mind. This was a sweet dream for them.

 

The soldiers stared for few seconds in utter awe at their General. It wasn’t impossible; still they never thought these girls were worth someone like their General. Yes, they were beauties and all but being beautiful isn’t everything, right? Still they cheered one after one as the news of his bride spread like flame around.

 

Smiling in satisfaction, General Sehun grinned openly at the.

 

"May we know whose going to take the honor of being your bride, General?

 

"Of course, it’s…” He stopped to stare directly at the girl who seems happy for him. When their eyes met, she seemed uneasy and lowered her eyes. General Sehun smirked at the submissive body language.

 

"It’s Park Jiyeon, the well-known dancer here.”

 

Jiyeon looked up at the speed of the light at the man her eyes so wide as if she saw a ghost. Sehun’s smirked widened and it scared the dancer.

 

Everyone was silent at this. The girl he chooses was loved by them, and they also know her family need her more. It wasn’t even her decision to decide if she wanted to marry the man or not. It was General who wants her; no way would anyone allow her to disobey the man.

 

Jongin was against it so much yet he couldn’t make a scene and so he stand up for his arrogant brother to reach the dancer. Jiyeon looked at him with her terrified face which made him to look down. It was hard to face her when he knows what’s going to happen to her. He pulled her hand and started pulling her gently to the stage where his ignorant brother was.

 

Once she realized she was going to hand to the man, she looked back at her family. The tears made their way on her face. It was obvious she didn’t want this to happen yet was too weak to state her opinion on the matter, even if it was about her life.

 

Jongin gave her hand to his bother once they were on the stage. General Sehun grabbed her hand in his rough one. Her hand was so soft and small in his big one.

 

He tried to look inside her eyes, but she lowered her eyes and after that she didn’t pull her face up. It was another sign of submissiveness but he wasn’t pleased with this one. Thinking he could stare all he wants after the wedding, he let it go and once again faced the crowed.

 

I’ll take her with me to the palace; she’s going to be my bride.”

 

With that being said, General Sehun led his future wife with him out of tent to the one where he meets his soldiers, leaving the threatening work for his man.

 

"Whoever she was to any of you forget about her. Once we go back, she’s going to be our General’s wife. Her family could meet our General Sehun right now in soldiers meeting tent.” The soldiers all left after this to meeting tent to know further about this sudden decision.

 

 

 

 

 

"You’re going to be my wife, any objection?” General Sehun asked the girl in front.

 

She was on her knees, a distance between them was disturbing but Sehun know before wedding, he couldn’t do any ual thing with her. Let it be a peck or touch. It was sin to touch a girl before wedding. Yeah, it was stupid coming from him, looking at his past but now he was a grown man, whether he likes it or not, he would lose his respect among the kingdom. His parents won’t forgive him for this. He could lose everything in the blink of an eye and it wasn’t even worth it so he decided to be more patient.

 

Jiyeon looked up at the man with pleading eyes. "Please my General... Don’t misunderstand me. You’re a great General and it would be honor for me and my family to be your wife. B-but... I’ve a sick mother and a younger sister... They can’t provide for themselves... They need my support... Please let me stay here and support my family. They only have me... P-please... General Sehun...”

 

It was a really sad sight but for the General, sympathy was far of what he showed. He leaned back and smirked at the girl.

 

"Really? Oh poor you working for your family as the only supporter. My poor soul suffering all alone but sleeping around with every man as a job is too... low. Don’t you think so my dear ?” General voice was filled with mocking sweetness which stabs the dancer’s heart like a sharpened sword.

 

 

Jiyeon’s eyes widened in disbelieve and her lips trembled in bitterness. "G-General... W-what ar-

 

"Oh so you don’t sleep with every ing rich man in this village for money? That you support your poor excuse of a family with hard worked earned money? Oh please, stop those dramatic acts. It shall bring no good for you.”

 

Rising on his feet, he glared at the beautiful girl on the floor, on the verge of bursting in tears yet he showed no signs of pity. "If you’re going to make excuse about your family needing money and not for your own pleasure, i might support your family with my money. Or wait- I’ll support your family. You are coming with us. We’ll leave tomorrow morning. You better say your farewell to your family and the man you sleep around with. And don’t pack anything.”

 

He left the tent in rising anger. He doesn’t know but he was so mad and sadly he was powerless to do anything to her before wedding.

 

 

The girl blankly stared at front as the General left her cruelly here. And she was supposed to marry this guy. She knows now for a fact her life’s going to take a drastic change. If only she could openly reject him and actually have the right to choose her husband herself. But of course, only royal family women’s had this right.

 

 

 

That night, Jiyeon slept hugging her mother and sister with dried tears on her cheeks. Even though her mother show how happy she was for Jiyeon to get a man like General Sehun because obviously, everyone was blinded by the man’s power to cast a look at his selfish side, Jiyeon had feelings he was a cruel man. In the village, the women were toughed to submit to a man totally. Basically females’ rights weren’t existed. Only royal family women have the rights to actually defy a male. It was truly unfair and so wrong in many levels yet no one had enough power to voice out their opinion on the matter. Few did and end up tortured to death. Jiyeon was no exception.

 

Jiyeon was awake by her mother who was combing her soft long hair with so much love that the dancer felt herself melts.

 

"M-mother...” She called for the elderly women in weak voice.

 

The mother turned to look at her daughter with bright smile yet the pain of giving her daughter away was visible. The elderly woman was happy that General Sehun chooses her otherwise; she would have ended up wedded to someone in the village. At least now she’s going to marry a warrior and her safety was assured from the world. General Sehun might have millions of flaws as long as he’s a warrior; a fighter then nothing is to be worried for. All Jiyeon has to do is please the man no matter what.

 

"Yes, love?” She asked even though nobody could know better than her that her daughter wanted to cry all over again.

 

Jiyeon sat up and wrapped her arms around her mother’s shoulder. She didn’t look up; her lips trembled to throw another fit of cries. Tightening her arms around the elder women, she sniffed sadly.

 

"Mother... i-i don’t wan-

 

"Shh... don’t say that.” the elder women started slowly rocking the young female back and forth like how a women calm there baby. And just like a baby, her sniff reduced. "One day you have to marry someone. I don’t want some drunk to come and ask your hand. It’s better to have this General.”

 

Pulling away, she faced her mother and looked dead inside her eyes. "Mother, last night he called me names, he’s not any better!” she wailed, once again engulfing her petite frame in her mother’s secure embrace.

 

The elder women kept quiet. The final decision was taken, not like she would’ve wanted it the other way. She already felt arrogant and rotten vibe from the General yet at least he won’t let her starve and would fulfill her needs the least. Girls die for such a high position man. A man who could protect them from any danger, a man who might not love them but wouldn’t neglect a daily needs.

 

"It’s okay, just endure it. They are high people, we are peasants. Understand there’s no value for people like us. Him wanting you as a bride is almost impossible. Remember, he could have taken as you his concubine as well. That would have been worse. At least, you’re going to be his wife, the mother of his children, his to protect and his to devour.” It hurt to say these things to her daughter who did so much for her yet she was powerless. If she decided to rebel against the General, especially General Oh Sehun, not only his daughter would be taken forcefully, but the entire family would be taken down by torturing or by being caged or casted away. It was best to just give up for better.

 

"Mother- why?” Jiyeon asked sorrowfully. And all the women could do was hugging her even tighter.

 

 

 

General Sehun was standing beside his dark brown horse. The entire army behind him ready to leave. Right behind his horse was a carriage. General Sehun personally requested for it from the palace for his soon to be wife.

 

Before General could complain about being late, there his soon to be wife was leaded by two maids who groomed her and change her look to the same as royalty. The body was fully covered with many layers of silk fabric, unlike the clothes of her village. Her hair were done up while from back were left down. Her face was veiled, hiding her beauty away from everyone. Only Sehun could have that all for himself and no one else.

 

General Sehun was extremely pleased at the makeover of his soon to be wife. This way, his parents won’t question her status from the start. People there wouldn’t dare to call her names for she looked nothing less than a princess in her new attire.

 

As she reached towards him, someone called her name from the crowed. General Sehun frowned as Jiyeon turn to search for a familiar figure. There her younger sister and mother were running towards her.

 

She gritted her teeth, to prevent any sound of sadness coming out from . Her tears build up but she held them back. She side glanced at the General Sehun who seemed as annoyed as he sighed in frustration. She made a face at him then turned to her family.

 

"Jiyeon, my daughter, you forget this.” Her mother took a chain with purple pendant and handed it to Jiyeon who seemed shocked at first then snatch the chain and hugged it to her chest in endearing.

 

"Mother... Thank you.” She once again hugged her mother with her younger sister.

 

"Always do as your husband tell you to. Do wherever please him, you’re all his. Take care of yourself, love. We love you.”

 

They stayed in hug for few minutes until General Sehun decided to act like a brat.

 

"Can you finish this? We have a long way to go back and we don’t have time to waste in here.”

 

The maid pulled Jiyeon away from her mother and brought her to the carriage. Helping her sit down then followed after.

 

General Jongin came forward and bowed to his sister-in-law’s mother in respect. The woman was surprised as she bowed to him back, just in confusion. General Sehun glances at his younger brother in anger. He doesn’t know why but he just felt angry at him.

 

"You don’t have to bow to me. Your daughter, Jiyeon is my soon to be sister-in-law. We’ll take care of her.”

 

The women finally smiled brightly in relief. Not all could be bad.

 

"Thank you, Gener-”

 

"-It’s Jongin. Please, call me Jongin.” He cut her off once again with a charming smile. The women started tearing at that. On the side, General Sehun enviously stared at the scene unfold. He was truly mad at how his younger brother acted as if he was kind. The jealousy kicked in and for the first time in his position as a General, bowed to the worthless women too. The time he became one of the most respected Generals, he never bowed to anyone other than his parents and the king and queen. Not even to prince and prime minister. Here he was bending his body half down for a woman he could care less about. Someone who he believe doesn’t deserve his attention, let alone respect.

 

Gasps of surprise echoed around as the warriors were shocked at the sudden change. But then that was it because General Sehun fled from the scene and jumped on his horse. Leaving everyone dumbfounded. The younger Oh’s brat side smirked knowing he finally did something to make him uncomfortable because ordinarily, Oh Sehun is difficult to please and whatever emotions other than greed out there. It was nice to see a different side; younger thought evilly, pleased with his action.

 

 

 

 

Jiyeon stared at the mirror, her reflection with sorrowful eyes. Once they reach the town, she was told Sehun was asked by king to meet him immediately. The man left but he ordered his man to bring his soon to be wife here. Now it’s been three hours she’s sitting in this room all alone. Also the maid told her to not change her clothes as Sehun demanded.

 

Honestly, she fined it ridiculous to wait for the man this long in the uncomfortable clothes and jewelry. Yet she knows better than to go against the man’s order.

 

The door cracked open. Her curiosity made her turned to look only to find the maid standing there.

 

"Lady Jiyeon, Master Sehun is waiting for you. Please, come out.” the women talked softly, her voice barely above a whisper. Jiyeon nodded and stand up to follow the maid.

 

Sehun was sitting on the wood chair, looking through a scroll as she assumed. Both stopped two steps away from him. General Sehun rolled the scroll, getting on his feet, not even once sparing her a look as he said. "We are going to meet my parents. Behave well. And, you’re not going to tell them that you’re a villager. Nobody should know this. You’re going to say that Park Chanyeol is your cousin. He lost you years ago and we found you in the way and brought you back. Do you understand?” he made up story.

 

Jiyeon stared at him in confusion. "Who’s Park Chanyeol? Why should i lie to them?”

 

General Sehun smirked. "Park Chanyeol is one of the General here and my good friend. His lost his entire family so no one would suspect you much. And why you should lie to them? Oh that’s because your true self would bring the name of my family down.”

 

Jiyeon gasped offended greatly. She knows these peoples were like this, but saying this on her face yet willingly marrying her is just too cruel. She lowered her gaze as General Sehun took steps closer to her. Close enough to feel her body’s heat, he murmured. "Beside a like you should know her place better.”

 

Stepping back, he continued seriously. "If i saw you by any chance flirting with any man, trust me the outcome would be your worst nightmare. I’m a man without mercy, screams and cries don’t affect me. Well, nothing really affects me if you ask. So as long as you’re obedient little fool, I’m good with you. Now move.”

 

He walked away and expected her to follow. Jiyeon wanted to think what she has gotten herself into. He looked nothing less than a beast. She ran behind him and was scolded by the said man for even doing it. It’s going to be a long way to go.

 

E___X___O

 

Sehun has just started to act like a jerk and it’s only going to get worse from this point. The chapter is longer because if I keep writing small it would probably take like forty chapters or so now it’s going to be only five.

And I just wanted to say you guys are the best! I was almost tearing up reading comments but really I’m so thankful to you guys, I love you all!

Thank you for subscribing, commenting and voting, thank you so much ^^