Chapter 1

THE WAR

This beginning is ending- kind of. This is story is basically about past.

 

 

Young man, we won’t take money from you. You can stay as long as you want.” Old lady said to the tall pale man.

The man bowed, “Thank you.”

Old lady smiled, her wrinkled face brightening up at the silent yet polite man. Then she noticed something. The eyes of this man, they looked empty. His face wasn’t poker but he particularly didn’t seem to be enjoying his life. What was his story? He seemed to be just a living and breathing body with no emotion at all. His aura was nothing. As if this young man was invisible.

What’s your name young man?” The old lady asked curiously.

Sehun, Its Oh Sehun.” the mn answered quietly.

Sehun…

Sehun.

That name rings a bell, like she heard that name before. Wait, he was that Oh Sehun, the King’s favorite warrior? That couldn’t be. Then her eyes again noticed his all over face. Well, that arrogant man turned out like this huh? Who wouldn’t? This man here was known in the entire kingdom. His life story was a trag- no; he was a man braver than a hero, except he was no hero. His wrong decisions lead his life to a total ruin. His life was harsh and looking at him today, he still survived after all huh. One hell of a stone man he was; a true man she concluded.

Come inside. We at Yangdang village will always welcome people from other places. Make yourself at home.”

Sehun looked around as old lady lead him inside a small empty room, the floors were made of wooden and walls with paper.

It’s a spare room. Please don’t mind the spider webs okay dear?” She sweetly asked.

Sehun nods, placing his bags down, he slid down; nostalgic.

 

The face of a pale woman in white gown longer than herself, long hair in pony tail rested at her back came to his mind. His eyes lightened in longing. Shaking his head he thought of getting some sleep. He needs it.

 

 

At afternoon he was awake by the delicious smelling food.

"Come young man, food is ready.” the old lady called him. "First wash your face. There’s a lake beside this little home. You must have seen it in your way here.”

Sehun again just nodded. Words lost their meanings to him.

Washing his face, he felt fresh and- just fresh. A hand tapped his shoulder; he craned his long neck.

"General Sehun? What are you doing here?” A tall masculine with curly hair man asked.

Closing his eyes, Sehun smiled emptily. "Don’t call me General.” He said in a quiet voice. “I’m traveling. Was in need a place to stay for few days, the nice old lady lend me a room.” He paused. Then he looked directly at the tall man. "What are you doing here, Chanyeol? Do you still work at military?

Chanyeol looked aside. "I left after you.” Talking about past sends him jolts of pain. He decided to change the topic for he knows it was better for both of them. "I want you to meet someone. Are you free today at evening?

Sehun lifelessly nodded. "Sure.

 

Thanking the old lady for the food he left to roam around a little.

He stopped and looked at the clear pale blue sky, so peaceful. The cools breeze hit his face gently and he closed his eyes enjoying the lovely winter breeze.

 

How many years have passed since that war, five, six, or Seven, he doesn’t even remember. Everything was blurry that happened in the past few years. He was trying to live his life, trying to be happy.

Forcing a smile he opened his eyes and stared at the sky. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.

This time he truly smiled but awkwardly. He needed to buy little stuff like his clothes, a book and some other unnecessary things.

Going inside the first shop of clothes he half smiled at the man and start looking for suitable cloths for travel.

After buying whatever he need, it was almost evening and then he realized he forget to ask Chanyeol where they should meet. He decided to take a shower first then he would wait for Chanyeol near the lake.

 

Sehun, Come on, let go! I want you to meet someone important.” Chanyeol said walking ahead.

Sighing tiredly Sehun followed him. After walking for half hour they reached a place where villagers’ houses were one by one.

Then Chanyeol stopped in front of the house and called. “Doyeon, Doyeon please come out!

Sehun gave him a confused look and asked. “Who are you calling?

Chanyeol just gave him a knowing smile. “You’ll see.”

Few minutes later a girl came out. She was tall, frail and pale. Her jet black hair shined because of her golden and white clothes. Something about her made Sehun feel uneasy inside.

The girl came to them with frown and Sehun finally had a good look at the girl.

Sehun, this is Park Doyeon.”

Then Chanyeol pointed at Sehun. “Doyeon, this is Oh Sehun.” He looked at Sehun carefully. “Your elder sister- Jiyeon’s husband.”

Doyeon gasped in surprise, bowing her head to Sehun she apologized for being rude.

Sehun was staring at her in shocked. Freeze. He was just staring at the sister of his wife. His heart started beating faster in memories. This girl was suddenly a duplicate of his precious lovely wife.

 

SEVEN YEARS AGO

 

The sun slowly dims into twilight, taking the biggest source of light. Not a minute has passed the candles and lanterns of fire were in the houses and outside of it, lightening the village where few hard working man were still working, despite it was obviously a time they should be going home for dinner and to rest.

Children’s laughter slowly died down as they were asked to go back home. It wasn’t safe to be outside at this time, more importantly when it was the time they were being targeted by the other kingdom.

There were rumors spreading about the neighbor kingdom, Baekje, claiming a war against their peaceful humble kingdom, Goguryeo. Yangdang was an average village in Goguryeo kingdom where people lived peacefully. They work hard; they were the nicest people with kindness overflowing and equally beauty shine on their aged faces. True, they were full of scars and sunburn but despite that fact, their females’ beauty outshines most princesses in the kingdom.

Unfortunately, the night wasn’t a peaceful one like usual. The quietness of dark sky was broken by a fire attack on the first house. Then the same to the other until the villagers came out with water buckets to save the people inside but that wasn’t possible as a few arrows were thrown and some bodies fall down lifelessly. It was when the villagers eyes opened and then one screamed the loudest to alarm the villagers.

Get women and children out of here! We are under attack! All man and boys come out and fight for your family!

It wasn’t like everyone heard the one scream, but the call was spread like a fire and the brave man’s came forward to fight while some helped women and children in escaping.

It was chaos as more fire arrows were thrown on the weak houses of poor villagers. A few minutes later came the real trouble, Baekje force came all armored and strong sharp weapons grasp in their rough palms. Some villagers step back from fear, they were nothing in the face of warriors nor they have weapons that could compare to sharp and strong. They had brooms and sticks and rocks and that’s all they had.

The strong brave heart villagers stayed, knowing they stand no chance but they don’t want to run like cowards because death was either way and they prefer to die defending their once peaceful village, their treasure.

The blood was flying as the Baekje force ran forward and killed everyone where their bloody and sharp swords could swing.

In the castle of Goguryeo, the king who heard about the happening of his peaceful village roared in anger.

Upon his voice, the generals that were around came in with worriedness on their forehead stretch.

Where is General Oh Sehun?! Tell him to come here immediately!” The king ordered one of his servants then turned to his guard and barked order.

Get three hundreds soldiers with fast horses ready for defense at Yandong village now!” The man ran away to do as he was told.

A moment later the door burst open as came in a general Oh Sehun. He was tall, taller than the king and almost everyone in the room at the moment. His body builds up strongly. The thought of his muscles ripping his arms, chest, stomach and back was most likely true. His chest puffed up so proudly and dominantly makes him stand out from the other. His legs the same muscular like all his body. He was embodiment of colossal. The color of burn black heavy armor on his body made him all the more dread then his normal state if one would call it normal, that’s it. The same material boots were on too. He was wearing his armor wholly except, the hat armor. That one piece was clasped against his chest with the help of his hand. The face show no less power than his body. If anything, that face of his was far more dreadful then his massive shape. The General face was darkened by all years of fighting and blood, his stormy eyes screamed destruction as they were too deep, so challenging yet all the same frighteningly beautiful.

Upon his arrival, General Sehun bends on his one knee and bow his head in utter respect for the king. It never gets old how such a kind of warrior could easily be obeying to the king. For sure he wasn’t submissive in front of a king; he was more respectful in the presence of the majesty. General Sehun was never submissive for anyone and he was keeping that dignity till the day he dies.

My lord, i was asked to come here as fast as i could. I’m at your survive.” the words were spoken with great respect for the man in front.

The king walked towards his general, motioning for him to stand up so he could talk.

General Oh Sehun, someone dare to attack Yangdong village. Go and defend the peoples until the enemies leave. Three hundred armored mans are at your survive. Move along warrior! Don’t disappoint me. I want my people save.” The king ordered with fury. The king Kangin was a man with a heart of justice. He might have taken wrong decision in his life but was never evil at heart. His peoples respected him and loved him dearly. In return, the king always tried to do what was best for his peoples, residing his inner desires to a side. Simply he was a kind man who couldn’t effort to see his people hurt.

General Oh Sehun felt how vulnerable his king was, bowed his head and with confidence pilling up in his body, he assured his king.

I’ll fight them, my lord. I have never lost a battle in my life. You have honored me by asking this from me and I’ll never disappoint you until the day i die. Now excuse me, for I’ve to reach Yangdang as soon as possible.”

Farewell my General.” The king calmed down a little as he saw his General walked out with confidence to the door to leave to Yangdang.

And until then on, King Kangin could do nothing until his forces arrive with victory or defeat in hand but wait in anxiousness. Despite being king and toughed from his childhood that a good king should never panic and stay calm for the sake of his peoples, Kangin could never do that. He was with a heart of justice, weak too.

Once the Goguryeo forces reached in the battle field after a half day, there wasn’t much left to fight for. Half the population was dead. Few were fighting and more were getting beaten up with no mercy. Women and children were very few in sight. Some were dead; some were kept hostages while some were harassed. The houses were burned down into ashes.

This send a great disappointment in the heart of a General but in mere second, as his eyes witnessed the child no older than nine, fighting for his mother who was tortured by two mans, the general heart was conquered by extreme fury. He roared for his man to attack and kill every one of their enemy with no sign of mercy, blood for blood they say.

 

The forces charged and attacked the forces of their enemies and the victory was in their hands which came no surprise to the survivors of village. Tons of water buckets were used to stop the fire from spreading. The king wasn’t happy when he heard about his people’s death but he couldn’t undo the done so he sends many helpers to provide the villagers with food and tents.

 

On the third day, General Sehun was still in the village, sitting on a chair barking orders when needed but other than that, he kept watching the ruined place getting fixed. His feet resting on the table in front as he watched soldiers and villagers work together, a fresh lemon juice on the table. Yes, he seemed like he was spoiled but that’s because Sehun was one of the strongest generals of his kingdom and working like ordinary man insulted his pride. He wasn’t all that kind heart like his king and Yangdong villagers, he was far from that. He was a strict and demanding warrior. He obeyed no one but the king. His words were harsh upon everyone- man, women or children. A ruthless general he was and feared by many.

A warrior came to Sehun and bowed his head, shaking under the eyes of his general but managed to send a message without a stutter or a crack in his voice. “General Oh Sehun, we are almost finished in here. In half hour, we’ll departure to the castle.”

Sehun eyed the man up and down, criticizing the man’s body and appearance and nodded his head nonchalantly. He raised his hand in the air and shooed the man like he was insect. Feeling offended, the warrior face flushed in deep crimson but didn’t speak a word of his general’s rude behavior.

Sehun lazily get up and stretched his body. The heavy armor was taken off from his body few hours ago with a helmet rested on the table. Sehun massaged his body a little. It was a burdensome to wear that heavy armor for two days and now he had to wear it again. As unwillingly as he was, he weared his armor back but keeping the helmet in his grasp he turned to warriors behind him.

I wanted to make sure villagers are going to do fine once we leave so I’m going to walk around to check.” Monotonously the general said and started walking, eyeing the villagers smiling at each other and working hard as if they were born to do this, lovely and cozy aura surrounding their hearts of gold. It amazed the heartless warrior at how happy they seemed after what happened. Many lost families, friends, a place to live yet they were still happy. He admired the smiles on their faces. Closely he could see the sadness clouding deep in their eyes, yet they keep the outer facade strong. To encourage the other that it was fine. That it wasn’t the end because they were survivors for a reason.

He shakes his head mentally disapproving of their smile. Even though Sehun admired it, he always believed kindness was a sign of weakness, he didn’t let the emotion take control of his being. He lived his life upon his duties for his kingdom.

After half hour of just walking around he walked to the tents side to ask from the peoples if the food was enough to last few days until the new one arrive.

 

Once in there, many tents were placed side by side peoples walking out and coming in. The soldiers were spread around, some helping and some... flirting? He saw as few soldiers were eyeing and winking at the females that were working. At that the General Sehun shakes his head in hopelessness. Man, don’t they get tired of seeing women? Sehun sure was so he didn’t bother to spear a glance at any female more than necessary.

Walking to them with light step, he stands behind those few slacking warriors. Raising his hand, he slapped the back of the one he knows from heart. The warrior winced lightly and turned around to glare at the person but only to have widened his eyes as he came face to face with the other General.

Sehun, What is the meaning of this?! You can’t just come out of nowhere and hit me; I’ve an image to up hold!” The other warriors took the chance to save their sorry asses as the two general are sure going to argue now.

Sehun glared hardly at the man in front. "If you really had one, you wouldn’t keep ogling at each women passing by. And don’t you dare to raise your voice at me Jongin!

Jongin rolled his eyes and crossed his arms in defensive mode. “Oh please, as if you don’t do that. Beside i work for these people, i fight for these people so the least i ask is checking them out. Is it a big deal?

General Sehun smack Jongin’s head, as if checking if the man had any brain in there. “Listen, you slacker- just because you happen to win the heart of the king and hand over the position of a General doesn’t mean you can go around and boast about it. You are still a lower rank General so you’ll still obey my words. And now i demand you to work ert, move!

At that Jongin glared at him so hard for being pushed down into helplessness. It was true what Sehun said so he said what best he could do. “I’ll tell mother how you treated me so rudely. She will scold you so get ready to hear a lot of nagging once we go back home!

Sehun growled at the childish behavior.

And the brat speeded away, laughing to himself for making his Hyung annoyed.

Sehun sighed in distress. His younger brother Jongin was nothing less than a brat. While Sehun worked hard to be what he was today, Jongin on the other hand, was always given things without working out for it. He gained the General position because of Sehun and their father, Yunho. Jongin has the abilities of a great warrior so it wasn’t a hard decision for the king to make him one of his Generals. Time to time, Sehun complains how ungrateful brat Jongin was but was never serious to remove him from the general position.

He was looking around when he saw a man came dashing to him and kneeled in front of him in such a speed that almost made Sehun to scold the man but refrained himself from doing so.

General Oh Sehun, Chief wanted to invite your great self for a drink. Please, come with me, General.”

Having the strong urge to deny the invitation, General’s expression hardened, it would be so rude and pure arrogance from his side to decline the chief invitation and so he found himself strolling beside the villager in hidden frustration.

Once they reach outside the tent, the man left him alone to meet Chief. Sehun sighed and wear the dominant look on his face entering inside the tent. He observed around in the search of the wise man figure. Once his eyes landed at the chief, sitting on what he assumed a really fluffy cushion, he made his way there.

Chief noticed the General presence stand up from his place and bowed towards the General for respect. Then lifting his body up, the man smiled warmly as he motioned with his both hand towards the cushion like chair, just like his own. General took the seat as if he owns it and slump down on it way too comfortably, his legs spread apart, chest puffed up while the sharp jaw showcasing the rough beauty of a warrior.

Chief turned to the few ladies behind him, clapping two times, he joyfully ordered in enthusiasm. "Bring the wine for our bravest General Ladies. We can’t let him wait.” The ladies all went out, shying away from the General.

Sehun smiled upon that shaking his head in amusement as he heard their giggles and whispers. The tent become so quiet after the ladies left. The annoyance soon brimmed to the top so Sehun staring at the man, as if sending a mental message to the man how he would be rather somewhere else then this boring place. The Chief didn’t notice the deep stares and smiled at the General.

It’s great to meet the General like yourself face to face. It’s an honor for my peoples and no less than a blessing. I hope our peoples have treated you with great respect just as you deserve.” Chief’s eyes were sincere. Sehun kept himself together; because he wanted to spat that he had more important things then this nonsense conversation that was doing no good to his tired soul. Just for the sake of politeness, he assured the chief.

The villagers are nice, I do admit. They seemed to like your judgment better, as i witnessed earlier.” Well it was true. The chief was well respected between his peoples as they all obeyed his every single word without objection. If anything, they were more happy obeying their chief then Sehun himself. Feeling a little bitter at the happening of how the few villagers tried to go against his words and he had almost executed them if it weren’t for the king who sends him to save people- not kill them.

That must be expected in my opinion. I treat them like my own children and family. Wouldn’t you agree, General?

Sehun was boiling from inside at the man’s overly dramatic kindness. Yet the opposite came out of his lips. “Oh of course, that must be it. Otherwise who had the rights to disobey my comman-

May i come in, Chief?

A sugarcoated voice interjected the General’s words so flawlessly that instead of getting furious at the rather ignorant act, General Sehun craned his neck to see the owner of such an angelic voice.

The first thing his eyes landed on was the female’s feet that were covered with no sandals or shoes. They were yet pale, then her slim ankles where she had a golden shining bangle. So mesmerize by how that shiny thing complimented her very thin ankles, slowly his eyes went up and man, the long white see through skirt she was wearing had a long slit at both sides. Showing the side of her tall and slim and fair legs Sehun almost felt like some ert checking her legs out in such a manner. As he looked more up, the dark white cloth covered her hips, her privacy. Shamelessly eyes went even up at her flat belly that was displayed under a light see through red cloth that barely covered her upper body because Sehun swore he could see her body in details. Then her chest was covered with some black dark cloth, hiding the area from his hungry eyes. A slight annoyance crossed his expression at the cloth, despite being disappointed at the unworthy piece of cloth; he decided to look at the beauty’s face. The moment his eyes met her light brown large eyes, The General felt himself losing his breath. Those eyes were filled with purity, shyness. Her nose was a little long but definitely not a flaw, anything but that. Her lips full and pouty, rich with red color, her jaw was outlining her almost perfect features making him imagine how it would feel to run his wet chapped lips on it. Sehun was far too gone in his dreams of lust to notice how he checked the female in such an uncomfortable manner.

The female walked towards the two and sat down on her knees and lower down her head shamefully at the way the General looked at her. The General was giving her that look made her weak to her knees so she silently poured them a drink. In the middle of this, chief darted his attention at the general who was shamelessly staring at the women. If it would be anyone, chief would have scolded or told the female to leave but it was General Oh Sehun so chief finds amusement in it.

General Sehun, she’s presenting you a glass. Please take it from her hand.

Sehun in shock abruptly looked at Chief who had that knowingly smile on his aged face. Instantly Sehun’s cheek turned rosy in embarrassment. He looked at the beauty but she refused to meet his eyes as that pair of eyes were looking down at the cup she was presenting to him. Sehun parted his lips a little, breathing was hard at this point, and he brought his right hand towards the cup as gentle as his rough hands could be, he took the glass but not before brushing his rough fingers against the delicate skin of the back of her hand. He clearly observed as she flinched with the contact of his rough fingers and meets his eyes in a scared manner yet he was shameless enough to meet her eyes only to show a lazy smirk of his dominance. The female slowly backed away from him.

General Sehun straightened himself and made his sharp jaw stand out by tilting his face forward, and moved his body a little to the other side so he wasn’t facing chief alone, but the beauty at the side too.

The new found admiration in eyes of the young General was so obvious that it didn’t took the chief a minute or two to realize General’s new obsession. General Sehun was hard to please; he was too picky to find a wife to his liking. Many princesses were rejected by him for he claimed himself far too better from them or to put nicely, he was a mere General and not worth their love just so he don’t sound too rude and a disobeying warrior. This rumor was spread around the three kingdoms about years ago.

General Sehun, please enjoy the drink with me.” The chief stated happily yet was ignored by the General. Sehun was still staring at the female with eyes that hide no admiration in them for her.

Chief stared at the both and couldn’t help but laugh at the expression of General Sehun as the two meet their eyes. The female instantly looked down while Sehun made himself busy in his drink but a second later, General Sehun’s eyes went back to the female.

Leaning closer, chief poked the General’s wrist to get his attention. Sehun dreamily raised his eyebrows at the chief, as if telling him to talk fast so he can continue looking at the girl again.

With all due to respect, you’ve been staring at her in inappropriate way, General Oh Sehun. May i ask if something is wrong?

Sehun finally focused on his words. He nodded at that, leaning closer so he can whisper too. “Is she a maid?

Chief backed away and laughed at the question though stopped as soon as he was glared upon by the General. “General Sehun, you know you can talk with her if that’s what pleases you. That’s the least we unworthy villagers could provide you.

Sehun smiled inwardly, he almost forgets who he was and soon when his position was reminded, he has the courage to talk to the female.

Introduce yourself, women!” Sehun demanded as he leaned on the wall behind him, his eyes this time staring right at hers. No ounce of shame in them this time.

 

E___X___O

 

You guys are smart and I didn’t even know what to say reply in comments. But yeah you got it, she won’t survive but… it was bound to be sad and I know death isn’t necessary going to make it sad ending but personally I just wanted it this way and no way would I ship Sehun with any other girl- he’s Jiyeon’s property! It would break my heart if I ship him with some other girl *sobs* so if you still want to read it to find out how they met and lived well I truly appreciate it.

 

And thank you so much for subscribing and commenting! Really I appreciate them! ^^