Chapter 6: Mission #1: Unsuccessful Part 1

Agents Of Love

Sowon's POV

Ding

The front doors of the store swung open. Two tall and attractive men walked in. They were playfully pushing each other until they reached the counter where I stood.

"Good morning! How may I help you two?" I say with a bright smile. 

"I'll get one small latte. Nothing too strong." The guy said with a friendly smile. I nod and add his order to the register and then look back up at the other man.

"I'll take one of you, please." The other man winked.

I just smiled, "Sorry, I'm off limits. I'm considered dangerous since I'm too hot to handle."

The first guy laughed loudly and the other one just grumbled, "I'll take one cup of milk tea then."

"Your total is 4.70, thank you." The first guy hands me the money, "Take a seat, your order will be with you in a while."

They both nod and sit down. I write the order on to a piece of paper. I head into the kitchen where Yerin sat waiting.

"Here, the first order. It's two tall guys seated at table 3." She nods.

"Anything yet?" Eunha's voice rings in my earpiece. 

I hold the earpiece, "Two tall men entered the shop so far. They totally checked Umji out."

"I'm going to bea-" Eunha's voice is cut off.

"Keep your mouth shut Eunha. Sowon, someone else has entered. Head back to the counter right away." Umji informs. I look at Yerin and we both nod at each other.

I head back to the cashier. I look over to see who it is and I lose my smile. 

"S-SinB?!" I choke and she smiled brightly at me. She quickly walked over to me.

"Hey! It's nice to meet you again!" I notice from the corner of my eye, Yerin coming out with the drinks. She glances over at us and her eyes widen. She freezes in her place. Her face was starting to slowly leave its original color. 

I smirk at Yerin before turning back to SinB, "Ah, good morning. What can I get you?"

"Well, I'd like to get your name." She smiles at me and I felt myself turn red.

I laugh awkwardly, "I'm sorry, I never told you my name did I?"

She shakes her head with a smile, "My name's Kim Sojung."

I see Yerin who had finished giving the drinks try to sneak into the kitchen.

"Yerin! Come over here!" She freezes but comes over with a smile. 

I wrap my arm around her shoulder, "This is my best friend, Jung Yerin! The reason why I know your name, Hwang Eunbi."

Both Yerin and SinB turn bright red as they look at each other, "O-oh..."

"I'm going to go make some more orders! Bye!" Yerin quickly escapes and I turn back to SinB who has an expression of disappointment.

"Anyway, what can I get you, Miss Hwang?" I smile at her and she looks down with red cheeks.

"I-I'll have a cookie smoothie. It's my favourite." She smiles at me and I feel myself smile back.

"Alright, that'll be 4.60. Take a seat, it'll be ready soon." She nods and hands me the money but doesn't leave.

I tap on the register and watch her stare at me from the corner of my eye. I put the money into register with an awkward smile, knowing she’s watching me. 

”What the hell is she doing?” I hear Umji’s voice through the earpiece. I just laugh awkwardly.

”What’s going on? Should I come out?” Eunha says.

”No, stay where you are. This girl, from what I know, has the name of Hwang Eunbi and seems not be leaving Sowon alone. She’s staring at her so intensely, I am very confused and also a little worried.” Umji says.

”Huh? Worried? Why would you be worried? I doubt SinB could be those robbers or anything.” Yerin speaks up.

”That’s why I’m worried because, Sowon, I think you have yourself an admirer.” I start to turn red as I can sense the smirks of Umji and Eunha.

“Hey, are you alright?” SinB speaks up to me and I quickly turn to her with a shocked and forced smile.

”I’m...great.” I turn around, “I’ll go give your order in now.” I quickly walk into the kitchen.

Yerin looked at me with a bright smile, “Sowon!!” She tackles me into a hug and I go stumbling back.

”Jesu-!” Thud.

“OW! MY HEAD!” I whack Yerin and she starts to sulk.

”Unnie~” She sobs, “I’m sowwyy, I was just showing you I support you and love you. I want you to be with SinB. I know you two would make a great coup-“

I grab a paper towel and shove it into so she would stop talking. My face bright red and I didn’t want to make it more obvious. 

“Shut your trap and make a cookie smoothie.” I say and leave back to the register where SinB stood still.

She seemed to be texting something on her phone with a frown. I head to the front with an awkward smile again. It wasn’t that I hated her but the thought that someone that attractive could like me makes me uneasy because I have a feeling that I also like this girl. But maybe, I’m confusing the feeling of love with another emotion.

SinB looks up as I walk towards her with a smile, “Done giving my order in?”

I laugh dryly, “Aha, yeahh...”

“Sooo...” She begins once again, “You and Yerin are close, huh?”

I smile a genuine smile, “Yes, Yerin and I are very close. I love her with all my heart and I always put her happiness before mine.”

I look up at SinB, “You should get to know her, she’s a great person. Has a great humour, the brightest smile and the cutest laugh. She gives great hugs too and she’s always there if you need someone to talk to. She’s a literal star. My favourite star.” I chuckle slightly as I clean the countertop.

”I love you too, Kim Sojung.” I hear Yerin giggle through the earpiece.

”Oh...” I look up to see SinB’s disappointed face, “So, those rumours are true..?”

”Rumours?” I tilt my head.

”Are you two...” She pauses before shifting uncomfortably, “Dating..?”

I pause before I burst out laughing. I hear Yerin’s laugh too through the earpiece. I wave my hand in front of my face as I try to stop laughing.

”No, they are not true.” I wipe my tears away as I stop laughing, “She’s like my little sister. I love her too much, as a sister, to date her.”

SinB smiles as I giggle once again, “Ah..really? Sorry for assuming..” She scratches the back of her head.

I look up at her with a smile, “I’m single.” I wink at her but instantly freeze, realising what I did.

”WOOO!! YOU GO GIRL! GET THAT PU-“ Eunha’s voice is cut off by Umji.

”Continue that sentence and I will hurt you, Eunbi.” Umji says coldly, “Sowon, there’s a group of people coming. Get ready.”

“Got ya.” I turn to SinB, “Hey, why don’t you go have a seat?”

”Oh, sure but first,” SinB pauses and can’t seem to hold our eye contact, “Ca-can I get your number...? If it’s alright with you, I’d like to get to know you better.” 

I felt myself smirk at the bashful SinB, “Sure thing.”

Yerin places the cookie smoothie for SinB in front of me and I grab a tissue paper. I write my number on the tissue paper and hand it to her with the drink.

“Enjoy~” I wink at her and she flushed bright red.

I watch her scatter out the cafe. Right after she, the room flooded with people after people. Most of them were in groups. As I was taking the orders of some customers, the door swings open and two people with guns and black masks enter the cafe.

”Don’t move!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, I’m bringing this back. BUT HAVE YOU GUYS MISSED ME?? I’M FINALLY BACK TO THIS STORYYY!! I KNOW, IT’S BEEN 8 MONTHS BUT HEY, IM BACK!! Anyway, enjoy this chapter, I’m changing the word limit to 1000 from now on by the way. Enjoyyyyyy~~~