Chapter 3: The Drive

Agents Of Love

Sowon's POV

Yerin and I groan as we get up and walk out into the cold night. We look around and see that we are at our local mall's car park. Moonbyul continued to walk ahead. We quickly followed her. I looked up and saw night sky but it was pretty empty with that one star. The sky was a shade of dark orange turning into dark blue. It was beautiful but it was cold. I shivered and Yerin noticed it.

"Are you cold?" Yerin wraps her arm around me. I smile but nod. (a/n: it's cold here too :() 

"Here's my car." Moonbyul stops in front of a black suv. She unlocks it and opens the back door. She pulls out our jackets and throws it to us. "Here you are. If you still feel cold, I have blankets and pilliows. I'll turn on the heater too. Get comfy."

We enter the car and it was very clean. I put my jacket on and entered first and then Yerin followed me in. Moonbyul closed the door for us and then sat in the driver's seat. She grabbed something from the seat next to her and then put on her legs. Must be a blanket. She then put her seatbelt on and started the car.

"Ah, do you want me to tell where the place is?" I speak up.

Moonbyul looks over her shoulder and smiles and waves,"I know already. I'll be fine."

I nod and then turn to Yerin who had just fallen asleep. I smiled and grabbed my phone out. I took a picture of her sleeping face and then stuffed one of the pilliows, with a face, into her arms. She cuddled it in her sleep giving me cute shots. When she starts dating someone, I'll have so many things to send to her lover. I giggle to myself. Then the car became quiet. I didn't like it.

"Hey Moonbyul..."I say softly.

"Yes?" She replies without looking back, which is good because we are on the road now.

"Do we have to keep the card with us at all times?"

"Yes."

"What if we lose it?"

"The card does not leave your side and will not leave your side. It is how we track you. So the card sticks you basically. You could show other agents but it wouldn't stay very far from you. Like a magnet, it will come back to you. If you don't want to carry it around all the time just turn it into those id card necklaces things." Moonbyul explains. I nod.

"Can I, like, magically turn this into a ring or something like in anime?" I say thinking about one of the greatest anime of all time. (a/n: please tell me someone gets the reference)

Moonbyul laughs,"In fact you could, but I would recommend finding someone with enough skills as magic controller to do that. They are very rare in our time but I'm sure you can find them by yourself. To be honest, they'll think your request is dumb and not do it. But hey, it's worth a try."

"Ughh, I wanted to be a magic girl, I've signed the contract and everything!" I whined and Moonbyul laughed. (a/n: I'm talking about Puella Magi Madoka Magica, someone please me tell you know that anime)

"Anything else, you would like to know about?" Moonbyul looked back at me through the car rear mirror with a smile. 

"The rules. One of them that was in major rules. It was, 'You are not allowed to date a enemy'. What if you do?" I asked a little nervous. Her smile seemed to disappear.

"Ah, well you get punished. You are forced to break up unless the enemy leaves their team and joins ours. You could always run away with them too. If you two are really in love." Moonbyul said softly. Her words sounded like she was joking but her voice sounded like she had been hurt.

"What if you just fall in love?" I ask and heard her chuckle.

"What are you? Curious George?" She chuckled and sunk back into my seat in embarrassment. 

"I'm just kidding. To answer your question, nothing happens when you fall in love. No one will know and if you do tell, we won't really care. Honestly, people fall in love all the time. It can't be helped. Who are we to stop you from finding love? We'll be watching over you from the start so we'll try to stop it earlier if we notice it isn't one sided. But even after that, we'll wait for a response for the other person to be so in love that they leave evil. It's happened quite a lot. " The car stopped at a red light she turned around in her seat and faced me, "Why? Do you want to fall in love with an enemy?"

I blushed a bright red and started to sweat. I tried to avoid eye contact,"N-no. I haven't fallen for anyone in my life so far. It'll take some skills or something for me to fall for anyone so far from an enemy. I don't even know what my type is. I don't really have time for love. But I still want to fall in love."

Moonbyul grinned from ear to ear. The light had turned green but the place was empty. She fell back into her spot and then started to drive. I heard her laugh to herself very softly.

"Want to hear a very cliche story?" She speaks very softly as she looks at me through mirror. I nod and then suddenly hear little taps on the window. I look out to see little rain drops running down the window. The sound was very soft and relaxing. I turned back my attention back to Moonbyul and relaxed into my seat. 

"You comfy enough?" Moonbyul laughed and I blushed and just nodded. 

"I'm just joking with you. Anyway, the cliche story. This is based off a real story. Once a upon a time, there was a girl who was agent and worked at our corporation. She was a great agent who had not failed missions that often. When she did her second time was when she would pass. She was well known and awarded many medals. One day, she had gotten herself a special offer for a mission. Honestly, she would get lot of them. She would earn great cash. Anyway, like always, she accepted it. She had to find a snipper who was also on the hunt for her. She had to assassinate her. She would feel quite bad for ending another living thing's life. She had to do what was asked. She had finally met the snipper one day when she was supposed to be snipped but the snipper had failed. She felt bad so,acting like she had no clue who she was and that she was supposed to get snipped and she knew; she asked the girl to come home with her. She had helped her out and found out the snipper was homeless. The snipper told her about her mission and apologised. The agent was touched and didn't have the gut to compelete her mission. She gave up on her mission and became close to the snipper. She offered for the snipper to live with her. The snipper accepted and told the agent,for her, the snipper would give up killing. It was all going great, in fact they had started to date. It was great. one day when going back home: the agent found the snipper waiting for the agent with a letter in her hand. The snipper had found a letter for the agent to kill the snipper or her agent career was in danger. The snipper believed that the agent had kept up with her for so long as a plan to kill her. The snipper burst into tears not believing the agent. The agent even offered to quit her career for the snipper. The agent was very in love with the snipper. It was no joke to her. The snipper refused to believe the agent and went to her room and locked herself in. The two shared the room so the agent slept on the couch using the thin blankets they made together. The agent tried everything but nothing worked. She would leave food for the snipper in front of the door at lunch, dinner and even her favourite snacks. The next day, she had found that the snipper had took her stuff and left. The agent also found a letter saying, 'Sorry, I fell for you. I didn't know you wanted to kill me and your love was fake. If you want to prove yourself, try and find me. I wouldn't stay in one place. Good luck, I love you. Be safe.'. The agent cried and cried. She looked everywhere for her. All over the world. She had no clue where the snipper was. She never gave up but reutrned to her agent works. Her first mission back and she had met the snipper. The snipper had joined their enemy team. She couldn't believe her eyes and then went to the snipper, only to be rejected. They still met each other in missions." 

 

Moonbyul took a deep breath after finishing. I looked at her through the mirror and she smiled softly. I felt like asking her more about the story but my mind said no. I liked the silence. It wasn't awkward silence. I quite liked it too but I had to ask.

"How do you know all these? Wouldn't this be a private thing?" She leaned to the side of her car seat so I could see her back. 

"We are very close. In fact I knew the sniper too." She smiled over her shoulder before returning to the wheel.

"Really?? What was the sniper's name?? Was she pretty??" I asked, trying to hide the excitment but cleary failing.

Moonbyul chuckled before answering,"Really. Her name was Solar. And oh my, she was very pretty. An attractive person indeed." 

I was about to ask more questions when the car stopped and went in reverse. She stopped and unbuckled her seatbelt. She got out the car and opened the door for us. I squeaked at the sudden burst of cold wind in my face. Yerin must've felt cold too because she woke up. 

"Come on now. You're home. Get changed. Take off your make up and rest. It's good for you. Take tomorrow off, maybe. Just don't over work youselves." She offered her hand to me and I accepted. I carefully get out the car even though I am not wearing high heels.

"You are very tall." Moonbyul said as she let go of my hand and chuckled. I pouted but smiled afterwards. 

Moonbyul helps Yerin out as well and takes up to our dorm room. I let Moonbyul into our dorm so she can use the bathroom. Yerin quickly whips her make up off and changes her clothes. She flops onto her bed and drifts to sleep.

"Busy day, huh?" Moonbyul comes leans on the frame of our door. She chuckles as I nod, "Well, thanks for letting me use your bathroom. I am off. See ya~"

"Bye." I say to her sa she walks to the front door. I waited a while until I heard the door click close. I sigh and fall onto my bed. I slowly felt my eyes become heavier and heavier. I closed them and slowly drifted to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading this. I hope you enjoyed. Sorry for any grammer mistakes or spelling errors.