Chapter 2: The Headquarters

Agents Of Love

Sowon's POV 

"Sowon..." I hear someone calling my name from afar.

"Sowon..!" It was becoming louder. I slowly started to open my eyes. It took a while but everything then came into focus. I was in a room that was brightly lit. I slowly got up from the floor I was laying on. I didn't have the strength so I just sat there.

I looked around and saw Yerin run up to me, "Sowon!!"

She wrapped her arms around my neck tightly not letting go. My head hurt but I smiled at her and grabbed her arm.

"Yerin..." I whispered with whatever strength I had in my throat, "Wh-where are we..?"

"In the headquarters, is what they said." Yerin looked up and forward with a frown. I followed her gaze to a young women wearing a grayish suit. 

"Hello~ Good to see you have finally woken up. How was your sleep?" She grinned. I couldn't lie, she was pretty.

She had dark blue hair which was obviously dyed and had a very old styled and not very attractive suit on; which she had left open. She had her sleeves rolled up to just below her elbows and wore a tie that matched the suit. She had a black watch on her hand and her finger nails were painted blue. She looked boyish from her shoulders and bottom but from the top, you could tell she was a girl.

"Wh-who are you..?" I coughed after trying to speak. Yerin patted my back to help me calm down. I just looked at her and smiled.

"Please don't do anything to risk your health. Like I said in the text messages, we don't want to harm you. We are the good people. Anyway, I'll answer your question. I am Moon Byul-yi but call me Agent Moonbyul or just Moonbyul." She winked. She was really pretty. She was quite a charmer. 

Yerin's glare to her soften, obviously getting charmed as well,"Why have you brought us here? We haven't done anything. Please release us back and we won't say anything." 

Moonbyul laughed as she waved her hand in front; side to side,"There's no need. If we wanted to release yous, we could just use our memory eraser. But, you two are here for another reason. You two have been choosen as our newest agents!!" 

She squealed, mimicking how we should be reacting, "Oh my god!! That's amazinggg!! I'm soo happy! This is the best day of my life!! Blah Blah emotional speech Blah Blah eeeeeeeeee!" 

Yerin was trying not to laugh at her while I was so confused, "Us? As agents? But why? Yerin and I aren't even that cool or know anything that cool."

"That's the thing. We need people that aren't that famous. So you two will be given enough training until you are given mission. Oooh how about your first mission be the two of you together?? I'm so smart." Moonbyul smiled to herself.

"Moonbyul. Have they woken up yet?" We heard a new voice. 

"Ah, Wheein. Yes, they are awake. But we should let them lighten their mood up first." Moonbyul looked behind her as the loud taps of high heels became louder.

Then the taps stopped and a smaller women appeared next to Moonbyul. She wore a suit like Moonbyul's but instead of pants she had a skirt and it was just a plain gray with no pattern. Her tie was like Moonbyul's design but the colors were pink and white. Her jacket was open and her sleeves were rolled up Moonbyul's. She had very light brown hair that was straight but turned curly at the bottom. 

She glanced at us before turning to Moonbyul,"You charm them yet?" She smiled showing her dimple.

Moonbyul turned a little red before playfully hitting Wheein, "Sh-shut up!"

"Ahaha. Well anyway, welcome,you two." She turned to us wth a smile. She was pretty too, with her gentle smile and her nice voice.

"As you both heard, I am Wheein. It's not my real name and we don't go by real names here. You don't reveal it. Don't make Moonbyul's mistake. We are the only ones here that will know about your real names because we run this place. I could go into more detail but I don''t need you falling asleep on me. So how about we show you around?" Wheein kneeled before us and smiled. 

I nodded, "Ca-Can I get some water, please..?" 

"Sure thing." Wheein got up and looked at Moonbyul and they both nodded at each other.

"Hyejin! Water please!" Moonbyul shouted. 

"Yes, yes. Here you are." Another pretty lady walked in. She wasn't wearing a suit or anything, infact she was wearing casual clothes. She had a white half sleeves shirt and a overlay that was connected to her shorts. She had a bob cut and black with curls at the bottom. She threw the water bottle at Moonbyul who just caught it.

"Woah!" Moonbyul squeaks as she catches it. "Careful, Hyejin!" 

"Yeah, yeah. Don't tell me what to do. You know I'm the real leader of our group." She says as she flips her hair as she walks out of the room. 

Wheein bursts into laughter,"She isn't wrong." 

Wheein claps her hands and Moonbyul throws the bottle to her. Wheein walks up to us and hands me the water bottle. Yerin finally lets go and I chung the water. I felt ten times better after taking the empty bottle off my lips. I closed it and handed it to Wheein who just smiled.

Yerin got up and helped me get up too. She wrapped her arm around mine and didn't let go the whole time. Wheein and Moonbyul then led us to the door getting us out of the room.

"Alright, Ima warn you beforehand. When walkingaround me careful because things are wild from here on out. We have personlized training for everyone. Like people fighting fears or becaming stronger in a certain trait. So look out for flying pilliows, spiders crawling around or even herds of horses. I'll warn from time to time to stop but still stay on the lookout." Moonbyul held the door open for us. We nodded at her and walked out. 

Moonbyul was not lying. The place was chaos. There were chambers and halls and rooms everywhere. Someone was leading a herd of sheep through the place

"How's it goin',mate?" He said with strongest aussie accent in English. Moonbyul smiled at him and they talked about something in English, that I couldn't understand. The guy nodded at her and smacked one of the sheeps and it ran ahead with the rest of the herd following after. He waved at Moonbyul adn we continued our tour.

"These are the public chambers. They are made out of unbreakable glass. Honestly, this is for public fears or for show offs. Basically some people have the fear of public embarrassment whilst fighting their fears. This is it. Most of the time they are taken. You have to wait a while for them to be free. But the private are much easier to get. You get your own just for you. Here, I'll show you them." Wheein leds us down a hallway and then opens one of the doors. 

"Ah, Wheein. They need their cards first." Moonbyul then from behind us calls out. Wheein then quickly closes the door and turns back to us. 

"Oops, almost forgot. Here you go sign this." Wheein then pulls out two pieces of paper from her jacket. She hands each of us one. I quickly read over it, skipping over a lot. It was an agreement to become an agent with rules that we had to follow.

"What if we disagree with a rule? Or don't agree?" Yerin looked up at them without glaring anymore.

"Oh you stopped glaring? Well anyway, you can't. You have no choice. You see we are a secret organization that is run by the government. You have to agree. Don't worry. You are in good hands. This is your ticket to become a superhero. One, no one will know about. You'll still live you're normal life. But as an agent!!" Wheein clapped her hands lightly. 

I looked at Yerin, "We don't have much of a choice, Yerin. I'm sure it won't change too much of our life.Right?" 

Wheein and Moonbyul nodded in agreement. I smiled at Yerin and her face softened until she broke into a smile.

"Alright, I won't let you do this alone." She grinned at me before turning around to Wheein, "I will trust you to answer us with the truth and only the truth when we have a question."

"Of couse! We even go easy on the rule breakers. You get warnings until the punishments come in." Wheein smiled with the most evil aura surrounding her. 

"Here's your pen." Moonbyul handed me a pen and I signed the contract. I handed the pen to Yerin who quickly signed the form and shoved the pen backto Moonbyul.

"Before I changed my mind." She replied. We,then, handed our paper to Wheein who rejected them.

"Wait for the best part." Wheein smiled and we turned to Moonbyul who gave us a thumbs up.

"What are you talk-" Yerin was cut off by my paper flying out of my hand and then exploding into a purple firework. Then suddenly something fell into my hand that held the paper.

"It's my face and my details on the card, but how?" I looked at them and they grinned. Right after that Yerin's paper flew up and exploded but her firework pattern was different and yellow instead of purple.

"Oooh. Intersenting. Been a while since we had those two different designs." Moonbyul spoke to Wheein who just nodded. 

"Alright now, onwards!~" Wheein was about to open the door turned to us again. Yerin,who was still staring at her card, looked up. "Forgot to say, for safety and privacy, you have to hold your card up before you get burnt to death by the speeding fireball; that gets launched when a person opens the door. Also once the card is shown, everything turns into a illusion. Remember that. Moonbyul is right behind you." We turn our attention to Moonbyul who just grins and gives us a thumbs up.

"I'll go first." Wheein opens the door and enters the room. I catch a glimpse but I can see a burning red room. Wheein quickly holds her card up to her face and the fireball stops. Then the fire ball disappears into thin air. Nothing else is seen because the door closes itself. 

There was a silence for a while before Moonbyul spoke up," Alright, she’s done. Next up.”

Yerin and I looked at each other. Yerin nodded at me, saying she’ll go first. I nodded back and gave her hand a squeeze before letting go. She handed towards the door the and wrapped her hand around it. She took in a big gulp of air before opening the door. He quickly entered and for some odd reason it felt like th fireball was going slower then before. She pulled up her card to her face and the fireball disappeared within seconds, much faster then before. The door then closed behind Yerin but she turned around smiled at me before the door completely closed.

I smiled back and turned to Moonbyul. She held her finger up, telling me to wait, whilst she watched her watch. She looked up and nodded at me. I nodded back before slowly walking to the door. I took a deep breath before opening the door. I quickly held my card up to my face because of how quick the fireball came at me. Moonbyul looked so confused because it didn’t disappear but crash against the card. The fireball pushed the card back but with all my strength I held the card up. Then the card wrapped itself onto the card then around my hands. It didn’t burn. Then suddenly the fire became bigger. 

“Sowon!!” Moonbyul shouted and ran towards the closing door. I looked at confused.

”It’s not hurting me...” I said to her and she relaxed a little but still tried to get in. The door, that was still closing slowly, was being banged on. 

“Remember, it’s all an illusion after your card has been sho-!” She got cut of at the sudden lock of the door.

I looked around the room. The room suddenly changed into a frozen area. It all was completely different then before. I looked at my hands and only the card was there. The fire had disappeared. 

“Sowon...walk forward...” I heard a voice that sounded very rough. I was very confused but did as directed. I walked forward to where the pipe was that lead to the other door. I walked over it, carefully and stopped in front of the door.

“You are safe for now. Until we meet....” The voice faded away. I looked around the room again as it turned back to the normal fire room and the door suddenly burst open.

Wheein and Yerin stood there looking with worried faces but it then went away as they saw me. I walked out and was tackled into a hug by Yerin. 

“Thank God, you’re okay. I got worried.” Yerin let go of me. Wheein walked up to me placed a hand on my shoulder.

”What happened in there? Are you hurt? You shouldn’t be. Especially with your card.” She mumbled something to herself. Right then Moonbyul came into view. She looked at me and then sighed in relief. 

She looked at me and again and smiled, “You gave me a heart attack. That doesn’t usually happen. Tell me what happened in there?” 

I nodded and explained it to them. They just nodded and tried to process everything. They looked at each other. Then nodded as if they were talking in their minds. 

“Let’s just continue our tour.” Wheein wraps her arm around me and Yerin. Pulling us forward and then let go. 

“Alright, do you want to be neighbors?” We looked at her confused, “I mean like, for the chambers. You have separate. Do you want to have chambers near each other’s?”

”Well duh.” Yerin said and placed her hand on her hip. Wheein chuckled before nodding. We walked for a while before she suddenly stopped.

”Here we are. This is one is Sowon’s and that one is Yerin’s. Just scan your card over it for it to open.” I walked up to the huge door where a little scan thing was beaming a green light at me.

I scanned my card over it and then the doors opened slowly. White gas was spreaded around the room and took a while before they disappeared. I walked in and it just seemed like empty but huge room with rusty walls. There were windows at the top on the left wall. 

“What’s that for?” I pointed at the windows.

”Oh that’s the control room. You will have someone or some people to watch over you. These people will most often be your group members. Don’t worry, your group members don’t change. You will most likely be stuck with the same team members unless a death or something like a serious illness/ injury has happened.” Wheein explains.

I shiver a little. The room was a little bit cold. I walked out and then scanned my card over the scanner and just like I thought, the doors closed. I walked over to the opposite side chamber to mine. Which belonged to Yerin. She was just standing and staring at the scanner. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder. She relaxed in my grip and then scanned her card. The doors opened and she walked out of my grip and into the room. She turned around to me and smiled. I smiled back and gave her a thumbs up.

We turn around to face Moonbyul and Wheein to see Wheein on a call, “Yes. Yes, I have people that can get on it right away.Yes. Consider it done. Yes. Yes. Thank you.” 

They notice us and then wave at us to come to them. We walk to them and they smile, “We have your first mission. How do you feel? Do you think you’re ready? You’ll have teammates don’t worry. Anddd~ you two are going to be working on it together.” 

“I don-” I start but get cut off.

“We’re down for it.” Yerin smirks at them. Wheein smiles back.

”Great. We’ll get your uniforms ready for you and your gear. You will meet your other teammates later and you will have time to train for a while before being sent out. You are free to leave. Moonbyul will take you home. I've got places to be. Bye bye!” Wheein quickly finishes and then speeds off. We all watch her speed off and then Moonbyul chuckles.

”Let us leave.” Moonbyul then playfully bows and Yerin joins in. I laugh at the two. Moonbyul then leads us through the hallway and to a elevator. She waits for us to enter first. 

“What a gentleman.” Yerin whispers, loud enough for Moonbyul to hear,to me and I laugh.

Moonbyul scans her card over the buttons and then clicks on ground floor. Moonbyul then grabs a hold of the railing thing inside the elevator. All of a sudden the elevator speeds up and both me and Yerin are pushed to the ground. Then it suddenly stops and we float for second before crashing back down. 

Bing!

We turn our focus to Moonbyul to see her looking at her phone. She laughed,"Sorry,sorry. It's a classic. It gets me everytime."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, Ima have to cut it here. It was more than 4000 words before. So I made it into two seperate chapters. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Leave comment because this book has comment bonus (I don't know why it just does).I'm sorry for any grammer or spelling mistakes. I hope you enjoyed.