Jaehwan

Chained Up

Wonshik has just dismissed his martial arts' students when he received a call from the hopsital saying that Jaehwan is discharged and ready to be picked up. He doesn't think much as he pick up his car key and drive to the now somewhat familiar hospital. When he arrive there, he sees Jaehwan sitting by the edge of his bed as usual; the only difference is that he's wearing a casual outfit rather than the hospital's one. 

"Jaehwan, I've come to take you home. "He says as he approaches him and is replied by Jaehwan's soft greeting. 

"Hi, Wonshik. "Jaehwan says quietly; looking up at him yet still not looking at him straight in the eye, something that Wonshik is still uncomfortable about yet is starting to get familiar to. He has known from Dr Kang about how Jaehwan used to be punished from his 'master' if he dared to do that so it's understandable if the latter is traumatised by it. 

"Hello. "Wonshik smiles. "Will you get up and follow me? I'll take you home. "He says and Jaehwan frowns. 

"I don't... I don't want to go back... "He mutters, now back to stuttering as if he's expecting Wonshik to lash out at him. "Wonshik... nice Wonshik... please don't send me back... "he pleads, eyes getting watery as he drop to his knees on the floor, right in front of Wonshik. 

Shocked by Jaehwan's sudden action, Wonshik jumps back, confused as to why Jaehwan would suddenly beg him like that. He's only going to take him home, what is there to be scared by it? Unless Jaehwan thought that he's going to send him back to that basement they found him at months ago. But he wouldn't think like that, would he? 

"Jaehwan, please stand up. Don't do that. "He pleads, reaching down and taking hold of Jaehwan's arms to help him stand up, completely forgetting about the 'warn before you touch' rule that Dr Kang told him and of course, Jaehwan screams, scrambling backwards until his back hit the wall. 

"Bad Wonshik... bad Wonshik... "Jaehwan mutters as he curls into himself, body trembling as his screams decreased into pitiful whimpers . 

Wonshik's heart break at the words but he knows it's not Jaehwan's fault that he thinks like that. He's basically a kid trapped in an adult's body after all. 

"I'm sorry. "He apologises immediately and before he can say anything else,Dr Kang appears, looking as if he has expected this to happen. 

"Are you sure I can take him home? He doesn't seem like he's ready. "Wonshik says worriedly and Dr Kang nods. 

"He's ready, don't worry. "He assures. "You just need to be extra careful with him, that's all. "He says as he crouches down to Jaehwan's eye level. "Jaehwan, Wonshik is going to take you to his home. You're going to stay with him from now on. "He explains softly and Jaehwan slowly raises his head, tears now streaming down his cheeks. 

"Wonshik's... home? "He repeats and Dr Kang nods. "Mas... ter... no? "He asks fearfully. 

"No, Jaehwan. You're not going back to him. Not now and not ever. "Dr Kang promises. "Wonshik will make sure of that. He'll take good care of you too. "He assures and Jaehwan finally turn towards Wonshik's direction again. 

"Bad? "He asks and Wonshik quickly shake his head. 

"I'm not bad, I swear. "He says. "You can trust me. "He assures and although Jaehwan doesn't look fully convinced, he slowly stands back up.

"Promise... that you won't send... me back... to master? "He asks with full of hope and Wonshik isn't even hesitant to promise him that. 

"I promise. "He says determinedly and a small smile graces Jaehwan's face. "Wipe your tears okay? You're coming home with me, to stay with me so you should be happy, you shouldn't be crying. "He says. 

Jaehwan sniffs as he slowly wipe off his tears with the sleeve of his shirt. "Not crying... "he mumbles and Wonshik nods, grinning as he picks up the small luggage at the foot of the bed. 

"Lets go. "He urges, very, very carefully extending out his free hand for Jaehwan to take. 

Jaehwan stares at Wonshik's hand, then at his own. It takes him a few moments but finally, he reaches out his own hand and grips Wonshik's tightly. 

"Warm. "He whispers, eyes twinkling and Wonshik has a hard time controlling himself from squealing at how adorable he looked.

"Am I? "He asks, returning Jaehwan's tight grip on his hand with a gentle squeeze as he guides him to leave the hospital. 

Jaehwan nods. "Warm Wonshik. "