The Start

Chained Up

Hakyeon's day was fairly normal. He woke up, get dressed and immediately went to his work where he taught his students and had discussion with them before spending the rest of the day marking his way through his students' assignment, which eventually gave him a headache and makes him decide that it was enough work for the day. Yes, his day was normal enough until he receives a phone call from someone who has done a lot of deed to him; someone whom he owes his career to. 

"Hakyeon-ah, mind coming down to me? I have a favour I want to ask from you. It's an important one. "The voice of his old tutor rang through the phone and naturally, he agrees to meet him.

So here he is now, sitting in the small room along with two strangers while waiting for his tutor, who's a very busy doctor, to finish up his round. 

"Are you here for the slaves too? "One of the strangers sitting together with him, the tall, lanky and blonde haired one, asks him out of a sudden and he blinks at him. 

"Slaves? "he echoes, never even heard of such thing being mentioned to him before. "What do you mean? "He wonders. 

The blonde haired man opens his mouth to answer but before he could do so, the other guy sitting next to him, the buff, purple haired one, nudges him and shakes his head making him shut his mouth as he bows his head at Hakyeon a bit, as if apologising. 

Hakyeon frowns. He hates to be left hanging and he was about to demand the blonde haired man to continue where he left off when the person they are waiting for, his tutor, the one who support him through his high school and college years, finally shows up. 

"Ah, all of you are here. I'm sorry I made you wait. "The old doctor says but the purple haired guy immediately assures him that it's fine. 

"It's okay, Dr. Kang. We've just arrived anyway. "He said and the doctor, Dr. Kang, smiles at him. 

"Before I go into details, let me introduce you to each others first. "He says, looking at Hakyeon before gesturing towards the purple haired guy. "Hakyeon, this is Wonshik. Kim Wonshik and Wonshik, this is Hakyeon. "He starts and automatically , Hakyeon offers the other guy, Wonshik, his hand.

"This is Sanghyuk. Han Sanghyuk. "Dr. Kang continues, gesturing towards the blonde haired man this time and Hakyeon shakes hand with him as well. 

"So, Hakyeon... "Dr Kang suddenly speaks up sterner and Hakyeon sits up straighter. "I need to explain this to you first since both Wonshik and Sanghyuk already know about this. "He says and Hakyeon nods, all too eager to know what is it that is so important. 

"Do you know about the ambush that the police made on the human trafficking syndicate? "Dr Kang asks and N nods. How can he not know when its all over the news? Apparently the police has just recently ambushed the human trafficking syndicate that they've been eyeing for almost 30 years and they've saved almost hundreds of victims, both willing and unwilling ones. 

"What about it? "He wonders. 

"Well, I'm one of the doctors in charge of the victims. "Dr Kang informs and N widens his eyes. "And among all the victims that I've treated, there's a few of them that are ... different. And I'm hoping that you could help me with them. "

"Different how? And how would you expect me to help them? "Hakyeon demands, totally at loss. 

Dr Kang sighs. "They... were slaves. "He says and Hakyeon chokes on thin air. 

"Slaves?! "He echoes and the doctor nods. 

"They were born by mothers who work as es for the syndicate and eventually they were made as slaves, since they're male and all. They are clueless about life outside of what they're used to so as their doctor, I'm very worried about how they're going to survive once they're discharged. "He explains. "And I figured that perhaps, you can help me. Wonshik and Sanghyuk here has agreed to help since the beginning since their friend is one of the police involved in the ambush. And I'm really hoping that you'll agree to help as well because I have a feeling that you'll be a great help to them. "

"What kind of help are you hoping from me? "Hakyeon asks. 

"I need you to house one of them and take care of him, teach him how things work and all that. It will be like raising a child, dare I say. I understand if you don't want to and I won't force you. I just thought that you're the right person for this. "

Hakyeon goes quiet as he let the information he just heard sink in. It sounds hard and complicated but deep down in his heart, he knows he's going to agree to it anyway. 

"Can I meet them first? "

 

 

Dr Kang leads the way towards the ward at the far end of the hospital wing and the  three of them, Hakyeon, Wonshik and Sanghyuk, blindly follows him. 

"Have you... met them before? "Hakyeon found himself asking Sanghyuk and the young man nods. 

"Just one of them,his name is Lee Hongbin. "He says. "I was trying to get to know him a bit but he wasn't ready, I suppose. "

Hakyeon nods before turning to Wonshik and asking him the same question. "What about you? "

Wonshik shakes his head. "This is my first time. "He says and just at the moment, they finally arrive the ward and Hakyeon hold his breath as Dr Kang pushes open the door for them. 

He was somewhat expecting to see something worse but the condition of the three patient inside the ward is fairly tolerable, he thought. Which is until he realise that one of the patient, who looks like he's sleeping, have his wrists and ankles tied to the railing of his bed.

"Why--"he wanted to ask but before he could properly say anything; the eyes of the patient which was supposedly asleep snap opens to glare at him and he yelps in surprise. 

 

 

 

A/N this is my first fanfic so I apologise for any mistakes and lackings. Comment would be really appreciated