Introduce

Chained Up

The glare was so intense, so sudden that Hakyeon can't help but to be suprised by it and when he yelped, the patient who glared at him flinches and closes his eyes as if expecting something. 

"Its fine, Taekwoon. He means no harm. "Dr Kang immediately coax the patient, patting on his restrained arm gently but as he does that, the patient, Taekwoon, once again opens his eyes to glare at him, this time along with a deep growl that comes from somewhere inside him.

Dr Kang smiles bitterly as he pulls away; returning his attention to Hakyeon who's now staring at Taekwoon with unblinking eyes. "Hakyeon, this is Taekwoon. "He says and this time, when Taekwoon turn to glare at Hakyeon again, Hakyeon doesn't yelp. Instead, he just looks him straight in the eyes before flashing him a blinding smile. 

"Hi, Taekwoon! "He says cheerfully. "Nice to meet you! "He exclaims and Taekwoon's glare soften into one of a surprise as he do not expect to be greeted so happily like that. 

"I'm Wonshik. "Seeing as to how easy Hakyeon interacted with Taekwoon, Wonshik tries to introduce himself as well, nudging Sanghyuk to do the same. 

"S-Sanghyuk. "Sanghyuk manages to stutter out, too intimidated by Taekwoon's appearance to actually talk properly. 

Taekwoon gives them no attention as he continue to fix his eyes on Hakyeon and even after Dr Kang leads them away from him, he doesnt avert his gaze. 

 

 

Seeing as Taekwoon gives no reaction to any of their greetings, Dr Kang takes it as a cue to move on. He gestures them to follow him as he approaches the patient sitting on the edge of the bed by the window, staring out of it with a blank face. 

"Jaehwan? "He calls out softly and the patient turn his head to look at him but upon noticing the three other unfamiliar people with the doctor, he drops his gaze to look down on the floor. 

"Wont you greet them and introduce yourself? "Dr Kang prompts and the patient, Jaehwan, fiddles with his fingers in hesitance. 

"... have to? "Jaehwan whispers quietly and Dr Kang smiles.

"Yes, you have to. They want to know you so they can help you. "He explains. 

It takes a long time before Jaehwan finally raises his head but even as he does so, his eyes are set on anything except any of them. "I'm... Jaehwan. "He says quietly and in return, Hakyeon, Wonshik and Sanghyuk immediately introduce themselves as well, in which he just nods to each introduction, barely acknowledging them. 

"Why won't you look at us in the eye? "Wonshik demands, curious as to why Jaehwan insists on avoiding eye contact and as soon as those words leave his mouth, Jaehwan seems to curl into himself, staring at his own hands. 

"Sorry... I'm sorry."He apologises automatically and Wonshik feels guilty for making him feel bad about it. 

"No, no. Don't say sorry. I was just asking. "He explains, instinctively reaching out to assure Jaehwan that it is fine but before he can even touch him, Jaehwan lets out a loud whine at the sight of his hand, causing him to retract it like it caught fire as he looks up at Dr Kang questioningly. 

"Jaehwan's scared if you make sudden movement. "The doctor explains and Wonshik nods, now feeling sorry for scaring Jaehwan. 

"... mad at me? "Jaehwan asks and Dr Kang denies. 

"No, Wonshik isn't mad at you. "

"... punish... me? "Jaehwan wonders once more and Dr Kang still denies. 

"No, he won't punish you. No one will anymore. "Dr Kang assures and to everyone's surprise, a slight smile appears on Jaehwan's face. 

"... nice. "He mumbles. 

"Hmm? Come again? "

"Wonshik is... nice. "He compliments causing Dr Kang, Hakyeon and Sanghyuk to chuckle at Wonshik's suddenly red face. 

 

 

 

By the time they approach the last patient in the room, the patient is yet to wake up from his sleep, still very much in his own dreamland.

"We just gave him his meds for today so he will probably be sleeping until it's time for dinner. "Dr Kang informs them causing Sanghyuk to frown.

"Then he won't know that I'm here? "He asks, looking a bit displeased.

"You can try waking him up. "Dr Kang suggests and Sanghyuk wastes no time in doing just that.

"Hongbin? Do you hear me? "Very, very softly, Sanghyuk carreses the patient, Hongbin's, deep brown hair and after a moment, Hongbin stirs, his eyes fluttering open to stare at the person sitting by the edge of his bed. 

Sanghyuk grins. "Hey... do you remember me? "He asks and Hongbin blinks at him a few time before muttering an answer for the question. 

"... Sanghyuk? "He says hesitantly and Sanghyuk beams happily. 

"Yup, you're right. I come to see you again today. "He exclaims but Hongbin just lets out a big yawn before closing his eyes once more. 

"Well, this is Hongbin and since he's still sleepy, I'll introduce him to you some other day. "Dr Kang says, prompting them to leave the room and while Hakyeon and Wonshik obey him, Sanghyuk refuses to. 

"Cant I just stay here a little bit? "Sanghyuk asks and Dr Kang just nods before leading the other two of them back to his office. 

 

 

"So... those were the slaves you were talking about? "Hakyeon asks and Dr Kang nods. "You want me to take care of one of them? 'He asks again. 

"Yes. But if you don't want to then I won't force you. "Dr Kang assures, trying not to put pressure on Hakyeon. 

"Who are you assigning to me? Taekwoon? Jaehwan? It can't be Hongbin, right? Sanghyuk seems attached to him already. "Hakyeon goes straight to the point and when Dr Kang finally gets the hint, he can't help but to smile. 

"So you agree to take care of one of them? He questions just to confirm and Hakyeon nods eagerly. 

"Of course. "He says. "Just tell me who I need to take care of. "

"Jaehwan. I need you to be in charge of Jaehwan. "

 

 

A/N Thank you so much for subscribing, up voting and commenting! They really makes me happy!