Discharged

Chained Up

"Jaehwan? "Hakyeon sounds like he's going to disagree. "I'm sorry but can I ask to take care of Taekwoon instead? I think I can help him better. "He says and immediately, Dr Kang seems uncomfortable. 

"You can, of course. But as you saw, he was restricted and that's because he's a little aggressive and unpredictable. He might lash out and try to attack you unpredictably and I'm afraid that you can't defend yourself. "He explains worriedly since he knows he needs to tell them the truth and not hide anything about what they're getting themselves into. 

"Then if you put Wonshik in charge of Taekwoon, won't you be worried for his safety? "N wonders, a little irritated that he's viewed as weak and unable to protect himself but before Dr Kang could answer to that, Wonshik beats him to it. 

"I'm a martial arts instructor so I'm pretty sure I can defend myself well. "He says. "And I'm also sure that Dr Kang didn't mean to insult you, he's just concerned for your safety and doesn't want to put you in unnecessary danger. "He explains for the doctor as well I  which Dr Kang nods. 

Hakyeon sighs. "No offense, Wonshik but I don't think fighting fire with fire can help with anything. Much less with Taekwoon's condition. "he says and Dr Kang seems to be deep in thought because of it. 

"You may be right. "He says eventually, having come to a decision. "Then you, Hakyeon, will be in charge of Taekwoon and Wonshik, I hope you agree to take care of Jaehwan? "

Both Hakyeon and Wonshik nods, glad that they've come to an agreement. 

 

 

It is about a month later that Taekwoon, Jaehwan and Hongbin are finally discharged from the hospital and as soon as they get the news, Hakyeon, Wonshik and Sanghyuk all rush to the hospital to pick them up, leaving behind their works. 

By the time Hakyeon arrives at the hospital, Leo is already waiting at the bench outside of Dr Kang's office with his head down and his knees pressed close to each other. 

"Taekwoon? "Hakyeon calls out softly as he approaches him. In the span of one month of getting to know Taekwoon, Hakyeon has come to realise that the latter obsolutely hates loud noises and that it can trigger him to be aggressive so since then, he has started being cautious to his volume of voice. 

Hearing Hakyeon, Taekwoon looks up at him and blinks in which Hakyeon smiles as a response. 

"Hey, are you ready to go home with me? "He asks, reaching out to take the luggage Taekwoon have by his foot. 

"Home? "Taekwoon repeats in a whispering tone as usual. "With you? "He wonders and Hakyeon nods. 

"Yes! You're going to stay with me from now on. Are you happy?"

Taekwoon blinks again, as if processing what he just heard and Hakyeon chuckles, gesturing for him to stand up and follow him. 

"Lets go now, I can't wait to show you the place where you'll be staying for now on. I really hope you like it. "Hakyeon says enthusiastically, leading the way out of the hospital, making sure that Taekwoon is following him with the corner of his eyes. When he sees Taekwoon finally standing up and following after him, he grins. 

 

 

Throughout their journey to Hakyeon's house, Taekwoon keeps his gaze out of the window as the other drives, savoring the nature and the scene he never had the chance to see before. 

"Do you like it? "Hakyeon suddenly asks, breaking the comfortable silence as he glance fondly at Taekwoon. 

Taekwoon nods absent mindedly. "Very colourful. "He mutters, watching the playground they were passing by very intently. 

Hakyeon smiles. "Yes, the world is colourful and I'll show you more than just colours. "He promises, more determined than ever to help Taekwoon live like a normal person and enjoy a free life like he should. He never thought someone can be so amazed by such little things but seeing the reaction Taekwoon gives, he realises he was wrong. 

"More than just colours? "Taekwoon repeats in curiosity and Hakyeon nods. 

"Yes! Like food! I'll bring you to eat delicious food! "Hakyeon says a bit too loudly causing Taekwoon to flinch and when he realises that, Hakyeon quickly apologises. 

"Speaking of food, let's go and buy us something to eat okay? I didn't stock my kitchen so I can't cook today. "He says but Taekwoon doesn't answer as he's still in shock thanks to Hakyeon raising his voice. 

It doesn't take long before Hakyeon stop the car in front of a restaurant. 

"Do you want to eat in? Or do you prefer if we eat at home? "Hakyeon dares himself to ask the now too still Taekwoon yet the latter gives him no indication that he even heard him. 

"Taekwoon? "Hakyeon prompts, peering at Taekwoon's face to check on him but before he realises what is happening, Taekwoon has lift his hand and slap him across the face, making him groan and cover his face in pain.It doesn't really hurt that much, though. Its more that he's shocked than anything else. 

Taekwoon just watches as Hakyeon tries to regain his composure, he doesn't utter any word nor does he let any expression show on his face. 

When Hakyeon finally removes his hand from his face and notices Taekwoon staring at him, he smiles, pretending as if nothing happened. "So do you want to eat inside? Or at home? "He asks, repeating his previous question and Taekwoon just continue to stare at him as an answer. 

This time, Hakyeon's smile falters. Just a little bit. "At home then. "He finally decides for himself. "Do you have anything you would like to eat? "He asks another question yet still, Taekwoon refuses to answer. 

Hakyeon takes a deep breath, trying hard to compose himself before he makes the move to leave the car. "I'll go by myself, then. "He tells Taekwoon. "You just stay here, okay? I'll be back before you know it. "He says and this time, he doesn't wait for any reply before he exit the car, believing that it's fine to make Taekwoon wait just for a while. 

Nothing bad could happen, right? 

 

 

 

A/N Thank you so much for the up votes, the subscribes and most especially, the comments.. I really appreciate it