It's a Date! pt. 3

Complementary Opposites

THIS IS A DOUBLE UPDATE, IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE FIRST PART OF THE DATE THEN GO BACK TO CH16. Other than that, proceed lol


Their banter continued throughout their walk, ice cream now gone and fully consumed with their hands stuffed in their own pockets. Though if the park was isolated at a certain point, they wouldn’t miss the chance to subtly intertwine their hands to keep each other warm. After all, there’s nothing like the warmth of another person especially if it’s someone you’re highly fond of. In the blink of an eye, time continued to pass faster than they thought it would as the sun was now setting with its golden rays seeping through the leaves of the larger trees that were able to retain their leaves.

 

As if to complete the warm atmosphere, it wasn’t too far away when the duo heard a singing voice singing to G-Dragon’s ‘Untitled 2014’. Only then did they notice the small gathering by the center of the park where the source of the voice was actually two buskers in the very center. Seongwoo, as someone who loves to sing, immediately held Daniel’s hand and pulled him along to the crowd before he could utter a single word.

 

Daniel let him do as he pleases if it meant seeing Seongwoo acting like the precious small innocent boy he was. Despite being taller than average, the bespectacled male was still watching while balancing on his toes. As if you’re height isn’t enough for you to see. He thought to himself but it was cute seeing his boyfriend look so mesmerized, eyes flashing childlike wonder. He couldn’t help but chuckle at the view before diverting his attention back to the buskers.

 

The two busker’s voice gave out a calming feeling as if it were enchanted by some spell. The emotions flowed out well, perfectly making the listeners feel the heartbreak that was conveyed from G-Dragon’s lyrics. It’s like the crowd and the busker all had their own little bubble in the middle of the world they called reality. Within the hectic movements of the city stood a small bubble of serenity and peace.

 

The busker duo sang a few more songs after that, each songs revolving around warm melodies to relax the park goers watching while receiving spare change on their open guitar cases. Daniel immersed himself in the mood, feeling all relaxed as if his worries were all washed away at the quiet atmosphere that only had voices of two men filling the quiet atmosphere.

 

But Daniel noticed something strange. Seongwoo had a huge smile when he first saw the buskers and was even standing on tiptoes just to get a good view. Yet after every song, Daniel noticed how his smile would gradually fade from a smile to a grin until his smile no longer reached his eyes and was just limited to an upward curve of his lips. The brunette instantly became worried. There was something in the smaller male’s eyes but he couldn’t pinpoint the specific emotion.

 

Was it fear? Envy? Jealousy? Admiration? He couldn’t tell at all.

 

Not knowing what else he could do, he brought his hand to Seongwoo’s own and slowly intertwined their fingers. Seongwoo looked over with a bit of surprise, but it immediately diminished and was replaced by his usual eye smile before looking back at the buskers. Daniel didn’t fail to notice how his expression returned to that unreadable one though. After a few more songs, the busker’s decided to pack up while the crowd, including Daniel and Seongwoo, left more of their spare change before going their own separate ways.

 

The couple continued their walk, hands still intertwined while Daniel would playfully swing it around. Seongwoo chuckled at how childish it was but he still let his arm be swung around by Daniel anyway. “Wasn’t that great? I liked how they matched the moods of the songs in their setlist though, it’s pretty relaxing. Even the way they would blend their voices!” Daniel continued to ramble on about the buskers but Seongwoo would either smile at him or make small noises of acknowledgment.

 

Daniel, of course, didn’t fail to notice so he slowed down until he eventually stopped. Seongwoo looked confused as he looked back and saw Daniel’s eyes flash a hint of worry. “You look down.” He simply said and Seongwoo shook his head, smile still plastered on his face. “I’m fine.” Daniel obviously didn’t believe him so he gave Seongwoo’s hand a reassuring squeeze. “You know you can tell me anything, right?” He said with pure concern taking over his features.

 

Seongwoo smiled and looked back at the plaza where the buskers positioned themselves earlier. “...I’m just worried.” He finally admitted, Daniel drew comforting circles on the back of his head to egg him to elaborate further. “About what?” He asked and the latter bit his lip before looking back at Daniel. “I was just suddenly reminded about that competition. It’s at least three days away. If I remember correctly, Minhyun was going to release the list of those who made it to the live competition today.”

 

Ah, so that’s what it was.

 

“...What if I―”

 

“You’re going to make it” Daniel cut him off before which made Seongwoo shocked, but he didn’t need to hear it know what was going through Seongwoo’s mind. “You’ll make it.” He repeated as he gave another reassuring squeeze on Seongwoo’s hand. “You don’t know that” The latter replied but Daniel only smiled, “Yeah, I don’t. I just believe you will. Your voice is unique and it doesn’t take a vocal major or expert to know. I believe you’ll make it.” Seongwoo paused, eyes showing flashes of hope until his lips broke out into a small smile.

 

“Thank you,” Seongwoo whispered and Daniel replied with a quick peck on his temple.

 

“No problem”

 

~ .oOo. ~

 

“It’s getting late, we should find a place to eat dinner soon,” Seongwoo said out of the blue as they continued to walk while holding hands. Daniel grinned, “Oh don’t you worry about that, I already got that planned” He replied with hints of pride and Seongwoo looked curious. “Oh? So where are we going for dinner?” The brunette looked at his companion and raised a finger to his own lips, “It’s a secret”

 

“Yah...” Seongwoo whined but Daniel remained adamant and laughed him off. “You’ll see.”

 

“Don’t I at least get a hint?” The brunette hummed in thought, “Just look for an open space.” The bespectacled male raised an eyebrow until a glint of realization flashed in his eyes. “Are we going on a picnic?!” He said with childlike excitement that Daniel just wanted to coo at his adorableness. “I knew that hint was a dead give away” He muttered but Seongwoo gave him a huge smile and he thought it might have been worth it in the end.

 

“So, let’s look for an open space. Shall we?” He said with a tinge of dramatics as he bends down in front of Seongwoo with an outstretched hand that makes Seongwoo giggle and play along. “Indeed we shall.” He replied with his own dramatics of holding onto the outreached hand as they gazed into each other’s eyes. In the end, they ended up giggling about the ridiculousness of the scenario that just transpired.

 

“We’re idiots.” Seongwoo murmured, “But we’re each other’s idiot” was Daniel’s cheeky reply that has Seongwoo laughing. The couple continued to look around, pointing out potential spots where they could lay down and relax. Eventually, they found the perfect spot where they have a clear view of the river and is within the proximity of a street lamp to make sure it wasn’t too dark. Though they also went a bit closer to the river to make sure it wasn’t too bright either, just a dim atmosphere was enough.

 

Daniel placed down his backpack on the grass and first took out the blanket to spread it out on the grass. Seongwoo helped him with the containers containing different kinds of food and side dishes (no doubt, Jisung had a hand in this) while spewing out comments of how well-prepared Daniel was and how he has been curious why he was carrying a backpack all day without once opening it. Within minutes, the blanket was now filled with various homemade dishes. Ranging from the basics such as kimbap rolls and ddeokbokki to the more pricey ones such as jokbal and japchae as well as the inclusion of side dishes.

 

“Wah~ These are really well made! You didn’t order this, did you?” Seongwoo asked as he munches on another piece of kimbap, “Of course not. If I want to impress you then I wouldn’t do something like that. That’s cheap.” Seongwoo chuckled, “So you made all this?” The brunette eagerly nodded in reply, “Yep, all guaranteed to be homemade!” Then he paused when Seongwoo seemed skeptical about that statement.

 

“... Okay fine, with a bit of help from Jisung-hyung. He has the best cooking next to my mom” Seongwoo only laughed before munching on a piece of ddeokbokki next, “Damn, tell Jisung-hyung I really love his cooking!” He said as he continues to munch on the various dishes laid out on the blanket. Daniel wasn’t too different since he was stuffing his face with food.

 

“Ahh,” Daniel said as he raised pieces of ddeokbokki to Seongwoo’s mouth using his chopsticks in which the latter gladly accepted, “Oops, you got some sauce in your mouth. Sorry about that.” He apologized as he gets a few tissues and wipes off the sauce by the corner of Seongwoo’s lips. “Yah… You know I can wipe it off on my own, right?” Seongwoo replied with a tinge of amusement yet he lets Daniel wipe it off anyway, “I know, but I like helping you with the simplest things too.”

 

In return, Seongwoo would occasionally feed Daniel as well and even take out any bits of seafood that may be present (He wouldn’t want him to risk an allergy breakout). After at least half an hour of eating (and feeding each other), they put away the containers into Daniel’s backpack and leaned back using their arms as support. They spent the next moment talking about the most random of things like how the river looks at night, the cityscape that stretches in front of them, even the insects that gather around the light being emitted by the street lamps.

 

Eventually, Daniel laid back down with both hands behind his head. “Huh, what do you know. We actually picked a pretty good spot. The stars are very visible and pretty tonight” He voiced out his thoughts as he gazes at the stars that littered the sky, occasionally sparing glances at the other star that sat by his side who also looked up at the sky. “They are pretty…” He murmured to himself, but Daniel was too distracted by the moon that sheds its light on his features and the stars reflecting on his lenses.

 

Suddenly, Daniel held onto his elbow and tugged him down as a silent invitation to lay down so Seongwoo followed suit and laid down barely leaving any space between them, “Ah, it does look more beautiful from down here” He smiled as his eyes jumped from all the stars that littered the sky and pointing out any resemblance of shapes from the stars.

 

“Oh look! It’s Orion’s belt! The one constellation I talked to you about!” Seongwoo exclaimed with much enthusiasm as he points out three stars that were close to being aligned. “Where?” Daniel asked as his gaze shifts from one star to another, “There,” Seongwoo simply states, fingers pointed towards one direction and that was when Daniel saw it. Three stars aligned into one line segment, “Told you they were similar to your moles~” Seongwoo singsonged as he leaned back down. He then proceeded to describe to Daniel the entire Orion constellation from his belt to his torso and lower body.

 

Daniel remained silent after that, gaze looking unfocused as if he was in the middle of a daze that it made Seongwoo worried. “Daniel?” He quietly called out, no response. Seongwoo raised his head and turned to his side to use his elbow as a support and elevate himself further so he could see Daniel’s face. “Daniel?” He called out again which finally got the other’s attention, “Hm?” Was his only response when his eyes finally landed on Seongwoo’s own, “You got me worried when you suddenly became quiet. What’s wrong?” Daniel was silent for a moment until his gaze lingered on Seongwoo’s moles and alternatively looked at the sky and his moles.

 

“The summer triangle.” Daniel simply stated, Seongwoo only got confused. “The summer triangle” Daniel repeated as he pointed at the sky with his right hand and Seongwoo’s mole with the left, “It’s perfectly identical but I think yours is prettier than the summer triangle itself” He explained and it has Seongwoo blushing furiously, cheeks undergoing multiple changes in shade.

 

“D-Don’t be ridiculous―!”

 

“Oh, believe me, I’m not.” Seongwoo continued to ramble afterward about claiming how the asterism should have been prettier for being the actual thing. But Daniel wasn’t having any of that. Daniel’s attention was focusing on his boyfriend’s facial features the most and how he seemed more alluring under the moonlight. In the spur of the moment, Daniel held Seongwoo’s face with both his hands and tilted his head before he brought their lips together. The bespectacled male was shocked, face probably becoming a few shades darker.

 

While Seongwoo was still in a state of shock, Daniel took advantage and pushed himself up to switch their positions. Seongwoo now lying down on his back as Daniel hovers over him, hands still holding onto Seongwoo’s face like it’s the most precious thing in the world (When in fact, Seongwoo’s entire being is what Daniel finds the most precious). It took at least a full minute before Seongwoo shyly kissed back, hands now wrapping itself around Daniel’s neck to bring them closer together.

 

At some point, their kiss deepened but not to the point of the tongue being involved. The kiss was by far their longest one yet, lips interlocked and filled with a fiery passion for each other. Daniel pulled away and looked down at Seongwoo’s now flushed expression. “..W-...What was … that f-for?” Seongwoo stuttered out and Daniel just gave him a cheeky smile, “You just looked so beautiful under the moon, I couldn’t help it” Seongwoo blushed harder (if that was even possible). “It’s getting late…” He murmured in an attempt to distract himself from the blush. Fortunately, Daniel was considerate enough not to play along. “Yeah, you’re right. Let’s start packing up.”

 

~ .oOo. ~

 

By the time they left, it was almost 9 pm and still quite early in their opinion. They decided to stop at the station that stops right before their university just to postpone the end of their day and decided to walk the rest of their way back to the dorms. To create even more delays, they even stopped by a convenience store to buy some ice cream to eat on their way back. Though they both got vanilla this time since Seongwoo claimed Daniel has ruined strawberry for him.

 

“I don’t think I’ll be able to eat strawberry ice cream for a week… no thanks to you!” He emphasized with a jab to Daniel’s shoulder. “You’re still not so innocent yourself, Mr. Pretending-to-be-innocent-when-I’m-actually-not.” Seongwoo glared, “Aish, why did I even bother asking what you meant― Ah, this is only making me frustrated” He finished while Daniel only laughs at his antics.

 

A comfortable silence enveloped the entire atmosphere as both freshmen proceeded to finish their ice cream cones. Occasionally, they would also throw around the most random topics like how they always do from the new semester starting to another erted thought Daniel was pushing on Seongwoo about ice cream. “Hey,” Daniel started and Seongwoo could already detect the teasing in his voice so he sighed, “What now?” He asked in a monotone manner as he looked at the latter who seemed rather excited.

 

Daniel stepped closer, lips barely brushing against the shell of Seongwoo’s ear and whispered with a voice reaching a few octaves lower, “You know what else vanilla ice cream looks like?” But Seongwoo wasn’t having any of that, oh no he’s had enough of those erted thoughts, “Oh no you don’t, I am not going to listen to whatever thought you have in your head this time. Nope, go away. I’m not listening” He replied, hand coming up to cover his ears while Daniel laughs and still tries to get him to hear whatever joke he had in mind.

 

“You haven’t even heard me yet!” Daniel whined in between his laughs while chasing after Seongwoo who still had his ears covered, “I am not risking anything else this time! Not after the strawberry one!” Seongwoo countered as he continues to dodge Daniel’s attempts of grabbing him or to tell him whatever it is he wanted to tell Seongwoo. Their childish shenanigans went on for a while until Seongwoo felt a vibration in his pocket, probably from his phone.

 

“Ah wait―” Seongwoo said, Daniel heard it too so they stopped bickering but Seongwoo froze, hands hovering over his pocket at the realization of what tone was currently emanating from his phone. It was the personalized tone he set for Minhyun’s calls and messages. ‘If I remember correctly, Minhyun was going to release the list of those who made it to the live competition today’. Of course, how could he forget? If Minhyun’s message tone was playing now, then this is going to be the determinant of his faith. Daniel must have predicted it too. Judging by the curious look on his face but he still asked in case, “Is it Minhyun?” Seongwoo only nodded and Daniel nudged his hand, “Go check, you’ll never know unless you see it.”

 

The bespectacled male pushed his glasses back up, hands now going back to the phone in his pocket as he gulped in hopes of getting rid of his worries. The phone was now in his hands, tone long done and only one notification on his screen.

 

1 unread message from Minhyun.

 

There it is. The very text that holds his faith literally just a few clicks away. Now all he needed to do was to swipe at the notification and he’ll instantly be redirected to the message itself. Simple as that. Yet, his gaze remains frozen on the notification, thumb not making any move to swipe let alone touch the notification itself. Daniel could easily sense how uneasy he felt and how the nerves were taking over so he slipped his hand around Seongwoo’s waist and pecked his cheek to snap him out of his trance.

 

“You’ll be fine, I promise you have nothing to worry about. Just breathe in and swipe, okay?” Daniel said as he gave Seongwoo’s side a reassuring squeeze from where he held him. Seongwoo took in a deep breath, thumb finally swiping on the notification as Daniel rests his chin on his shoulder while peering at his phone. Seongwoo hastily entered his passcode and waited for the app to load, it only took a few seconds until the text finally loaded.

 

From: Minhyun

I told you you’d make it.

 

Was the only text he needed to feel a surge of happiness and excitement exploding in his chest as he and Daniel were practically jumping around yelling various reactions and at each other. “I-I actually did it! Daniel! I did it!” He was filled with disbelief while Daniel kept nodding at his thoughts, “I told you, didn’t I? You had nothing to worry about!”

 

Barely remembering the ice cream cone they had in their hands, the two practically ran as they wrapped their arms around the other in a deadlock hug with Seongwoo’s hands around Daniel’s neck and Daniel’s arms wrapped around Seongwoo’s waist. For some adorable reason, Seongwoo would naturally tiptoe whenever he hugged him but Daniel didn’t mind at all. Not when Seongwoo is practically throwing himself into his arms.

 

“Congratulations,” Daniel whispered as he kept his hold on the smaller male. They went back to the dorm later on as they continued to walk hand-in-hand, atmosphere now filled with much more energy and smiles on what’s about to come.

 

Three days. Just three days until the live competition and they couldn’t wait.


And that concludes the date chapter/s! Hope it was something that is still living up to your expectations because... lol this is obviously not something I have experienced and I had to search up the park itself LOL 

So again, thanks for taking some time to read this and I hope it's still something you would look forward too!