Thank You Next, Flip Me Another Side of The Leaf Please

Shortcut

“Joy! There is a spot check tomorrow! Can you please dress a little bit more decently?” 

Facing the field, Wendy shouted loudly across the fence towards a girl in super short skirt that almost showed her safety pants.

The loud voice that screeched over (screeched over what? ) while Joy was walking/passing through the field made her jump back a little.

“Why is the head prefect helping the bad girl huh?” Joy screamed back unwillingly, previous experience had taught her this prefect doesn’t give up easily.

“I care about you…” The voice was smaller but was still transmitted across the field, Joy would definitely say she is impressed if the prefect wasn’t such an annoying one. Anyway, the prefect was already headed over here so Joy was glad she didn’t need to break her vocal cords to shout.

“There is no need from a perfect 10 like you.” 

“I just…” Wendy paused, “cannot leave you like this knowing you have a kind heart.”

Joy sighed, she never wanted anyone to see another side of hers as something other than the bad in school. “It’s just a cat, let it go.” 

“Yea, like I would forget you broke your arm for a kitten.”

“Whatever.” Joy rolled her eyes and turned away, she doesn’t need another mum in her life.

 

 

“Thanks for bailing me out.” Joy said as she huddled her clothes closer. The night wind sent a winter chill as they walked under the roadside lamp. (roadside lamp sounds a little weird)

“I'm very glad you remember my phone number.” Wendy grinned

“Like I wouldn't remember a phone number where all its numbers are 6s.”

“Well at least the one month free food for Yeri is worth it.”

Joy didn’t reply to the comment. She doesn’t need to know about the friends of others.

“Okay thanks I’m heading home now.” Joy said, she doesn’t need people to see her defenseless state at the moment.

“No wait!” Wendy grabbed Joy’s arms before she can ciao.

“Let’s go eat something.”

“I don’t -” 

“My treat!”

Her grumbling stomach after staying at the detention room for a whole day was definitely not complaining. “...  Okay”

 

 

 

Joy had been crying all day in Wendy’s arms. She had a gut feeling that the last episode is going to make her cry. 

And she was correct. 

_____________________________________

*Below is a movie scene (dark grey):

_____________________________________

Alice was going to die saving Bella and Bella will finally realize what she had felt toward Alice is not just platonic friendship or sisterhood. Alice’s head was cradled in Bella’s arm and Bella dives forward to capture her pale lips.

Wendy: “They could have called an ambulance.”

A slap went to Wendy’s shoulder. “You . You gotta stop being insensitive to the sadness.”

Bella didn’t make it in the end. 

The bomb exploded and she had no intention to leave the danger zone knowing she lost the person that is most important to her.

Joy cried at the ending because she can’t see them living happily ever after. Wendy thought that at least they died together but of course she didn’t say it out loud.

Wendy soothed her all day, providing ice cream cake and coke. Who cares about diet and being all fat free when you’re sad and want some relief?

“You little sap.”

“Shut up Wendy.” Joy replied as she looked at Wendy. The girl was focused on the new comedy romance movie, her left hand scooping popcorn, right hand rubbing Joy’s arms up and down, providing warmth and comfort.

 

 

Despite the bitterness on her tongue knowing her best friend is going to marry someone that is not herself, Joy found that most of the people who attended the wedding wasn’t that bad looking. Maybe she can get some booze at dinner and if she’s lucky, a good . She would need some to forget that her crush is going to marry someone, and here she is, staying as some best friend because never once she was able to confess her feelings.

 

She had been quite anxious during the day before Wendy’s wedding. She felt sad and angry with herself. After accompany Wendy in preparing for her wedding, Joy went back home feeling lonelier than usual, some nights she was just staring at the black ceiling in the middle of the night, losing appetite even for her favourite fried chicken.

That explained why she felt her clothes don't fit like her own skin.

“Hi Joy! How ya been!” Chanyeol, Wendy’s blood brother greeted Joy with a fist bump which she dodged. They made small talk/chatted a little about their recent lives then she bid him farewell before going to the bride's room.

 

“YO!” Joy yelled as she opened the door, her usual cocky smile turned into a softer one when she saw Wendy in her beautiful wedding dress, looking good in the short hair that she had decided to cut for the wedding.

“Hi Joy!” Wendy beamed. She gave Joy a tight hug, Joy hugged her back just as tight, leaving no space but released it immediately.

“Congratz Wendy, I'm happy for you.” Joy tucked the hair behind Wendy’s ears and smiled. Wendy needs her best friend beside her today and that's what Joy is gonna be. 

Wendy’s eyes curved to a smile, her cheekbones puffed as she smiled back just as wide. “Thanks Joy.”

There is not much time left before the ceremony starts. Joy took a deep breath and fixed Wendy’s hair deco. “You are beautiful.” 
She stared at her best friend one more time and averted her gaze to avoid questions from Wendy. “Let's get you to your bride.” 

The wedding was held privately, they had decided to hold it at a place they had liked from one of their trips for their wedding photoshoot.

Their wedding pictures might be seen as more of one of those aesthetic picture people took and posted on instagram instead of a classic wedding photoshoot. Wendy wore loose jean pants and a jean jacket with a plain white round neck t-shirt underneath. Her caramel blonde hair shone brightly under the yellow sun.

Her bride had a similar casual look, with short jean pants, a red and blue plaid shirt left open with the sleeves rolled up, and the same t-shirt worn inside. They were sitting by the fence in front of the yellow cornfield. 

In the picture, the raven haired girl was laughing, her eyes smiled into crescents while Wendy seemed to be shyly laughing as if she had awkwardly popped a joke but happy that her wife was entertained by it.

 

 

 

Joy had to admit, despite their outfits being too common to be in wedding photos, the happiness in the photogenic picture could be transmitted easily to the people who are looking at the photos. No doubt their photographer Krystal was really professional and did various edits to make the photos shine. The love between the two was a beautiful picture itself.

She didn't realize she had been staring until she felt a pat on her shoulder. As if she had held her breathe while staring at the photo, she took a very deep breath before her dazed eyes were able to look at the person who touched her.

It was a girl wearing the same boutonnière as her whom she had seen running into the  bridesmaid room earlier. The girl reminded Joy of a teddy bear with her cute smile. “It’s Joy right? I’m Seulgi, Irene’s bridesmaid.” The girl seemed like she wants to talk more but her introduction was cut short by the calling of their names to the brides room. 

“See you later then. Joy-ssi.” Seulgi flashed her grin and squeezes Joy’s arms before going back to the room. 

 

 

Did Joy ever mention that the inside of the barn doesn’t look like a barn? She was awed at the cozy-looking interior decorated in a mix of white, pink and light purple color. 

The hanging lights with the artificial leaves were her favourite. The wind from outside helped the inside of the building stay chilly under the bright sunshine. She liked this place, the field is wide and green, great for pets and animals.

What she liked the most is that Irene and Wendy decided to combine the ceremony with dinner, because what’s more delicate than greasy love in front of your salad?

 

 

The background music played as Wendy went down the aisle holding Mr Son’s arms. 

In front of Wendy was the couple’s pet kitty Podo. She had a flower crown on her head though she seemed dissatisfied with the one on her tail since she wags it left and right while walking.

Then they had their not-so-little flower girl named Katie Kim. 

Joy had argued that Yeri is too old for this. Yeri had retorted that she is the best dongsaeng and she should  be the only flower girl.

Joy was standing front of Irene and/when their gazes met. Joy had thousands of ‘If you don’t treat Wendy well I will-’ in mind as she nodded towards the bride. Irene nodded back and turned her head towards her bride.

 

 

The couple managed to keep it in their pants throughout the dinner, Yeri didn't pull pranks on the guests, and most importantly, she had her taste buds sated.

Joy would say the dinner went well.

Most of the guests had left, the couple bids them goodbye before what Joy would interpret  the hormone rage about to burst. ( I get what you mean about the hormones, but please word it differently XD) She found herself some romance with her food and didn’t care about the other things at the moment.

She tapped on her full belly when she was finally done, at the same time there was a clunk from the other side of the table. 

Seulgi, Joy remembered, burped as she drew circles on her tummy, still flat as Joy observed. Damn, Joy wants to eat without worrying about getting fat too.

The girl realized there is someone around when she heard a chuckle after her burp. Her cheek burned in embarrassment when she saw joy.

Now that Joy was full and not sober enough to be worried about what would happen the next day, she went up and got close to the flustered bean who was  playing with the few pieces of bone on the plate. “You up for something exciting?” she whispered behind Seulgi’s ears.

 

 

The night was clear and the moon was full and bright. Howls of wolves can be heard if you strained your ears to listen through the sound of crickets.

“Yeah, so that day I just basically tried to cook because I was too hungry to do anything else, almost burned the house down.” Joy reminisced about the past with wendy. 

They were sitting on a fallen tree that  they had come across during their night walk. Joy wondered if the tree got pushed down by a bear because trees doesn’t just fall down like that. There chat has been a while and her eyes are droopy as if she can fall asleep right instance. 

“Joy, I have a similar story but are  you sure we cannot take this conversation inside?” Seulgi clung hard on Joy’s arms, her own trembled in fear of the possibility of getting attacked by anything. (“WOLF MAYHAPS?” SEULGI SHOUTED) as they had walked quite far away from the barnhouse and she doesn’t know where they are heading. 

“Oh wow Seulgi, I’ve never seen you as the bold type.” Joy teased with her brow raised, although her eyes are now barely opened. Seulgi is never gonna be able to guess is Joy is referring to.

“Joy, it’s 2 in the morning now, let’s go back.” Seulgi who was trying to check time was almost blinded by the bright gamma rays from her phone. Ouch.

“Hmm.”

“Joy? Joy?”There wasn’t any reply, Seulgi turned her head around. She should be checking on the girl but was distracted by the dim glow on Joy’s face and then she realized said princess had fallen asleep. 

The thing is …

They were lost, and Seulgi is not exactly the person to go to when it is about directions.

Crap.

 

 

On this very chilly wedding night, something hot was happening inside Irene’s room. 

Gasps can be heard coming from Wendy as Irene insides with slim/long/elegant fingers. She played with Wendy’s s occasionally, enjoying the gasps from Wendy who didn’t know where her fingers were going next because she was blindfolded.

 

RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING

 

Irene’s phone had been ringing for the past ten minutes and there seemed to be no end to this noise on their hot wedding night.

“Nuh, babe, please,” Wendy whined, her inner walls pulsed in need when Irene left her on the verge of for that phone call.

Irene picked up the phone while smirking knowing, wendy was left hanging right before her peak, she was  going to have the time of her life teasing her wife after the call.

But first,

“Seulgi, what a great time you’ve chosen to grace me with your voice.” Irene said as she her fingers coated with Wendy’s juices clean.

Her hoarse voice told Seulgi that maybe she had interrupted an intimate session. “I really need help Irene.”

 

 

Phone call session between Irene & Seulgi

I: What a great time to ask for help .

S: I don’t mean to interrupt you but I am lost.

I: I don’t need to know you lost in someone’s bed in this hour, hun.

S: … I’m really lost tho..

I: *sigh* Where?

S: That’s where the problem is, I don’t know where I am right now.

I: *another sigh* Explain your surroundings please.

S: Uhh, Joy? She is sleeping on my shoulder right now and her eyelashes are so long and she snores, maybe because she’s drunk. Oh god it’s the howling again am I gonna die in the middle of this forest?

I: Seulgi.

S: Yes.

I: You do realize, you are calling me through kakaotalk.

S: Yes?

I: Why don’t you GPS your location and find the location of the barn? 

S: … okay?

I: Have you ever use the GPS before?

S: OMG Irene don’t leave me alone yet, I need to open the GPS.

I: Okay.

S: What is the name of the barn?

I: I honestly don’t know how you even got here in the first place?

S: I came here with you :P

I: Ugh. It’s called reveluv barn, I gotta go Wendy is about to cry.

S: What? Cry? What did you do? Tie her up? HEY COME BACK HERE WE ARE NOT DONE YET!

 

 

Seulgi sighed. Another Top 10 anime betrayal from her best friend. Another howl instantly woke her from her continuous complaint towards her best friend started since the call ended.

With “least” effort she moved Joy’s koala arms from her waist to around her neck and lifted Joy up on her back. 

Her phone’s GPS is now activated and she was relieved that the barn can be found on the map, otherwise she would have needed to call Irene again. Thank god she didn’t need to. 

It returned her to her initial confusion about why she hadn't thought of this simple solution earlier.

Must have been the wolves. Yeah.

 

 

Joy woke up full of energy with a big warm body in her arms, they smelled good as well. Hmm what is this thing tickling her nose?

“Hey, you’re awake.” Ah the girl who is Irene’s best friend. “Hello teddy bear.” She yawned and closed her eyes, head snuggly leaned against Seulgi’s chest. 

Seulgi grinned. The girl had been clinging to her and hadn’t wanted to let her go since they made it back yesterday. She was waiting for realization to hit on the girl but Joy seemed very content holding her.

“Are you sure you’re not going to kick me out of bed for hugging you Joy?

“Nah you are too comfy and warm.” Joy replied, humming on her chest.

They both decided that it’s not a bad idea to wake up like this everyday.

 

A/N:

Happy 5thWenRene Anniversary!

First of all, many thanks to @ChaseTheSun nim for betaing this fic uwu. If she didn't this fic ain't gonna be posted on this special day lol.

And next, this chapter can be a special add-on from me and KangShu's fic M E O W (shameless promote cough), make sure to check it out because who knows we'll be updating it in near future :D