Chapter 5

Chasing Light In The Darkness

Kris's POV

"So Taemin, do you have any of your other brilliant ideas?" 

"Lighten up, would you? Geez." 

Taemin glared at me from across the clearing, the moonlight starting to ebb away high in the sky. It was replaced with a pink, orange and a blood read splash effect along the skyline. The tree's seemed to try and gulp down the light rapidly, casting shadow's that played along the ground and the other neighboring tree's. I had my back against an old willow tree; the bark smooth and yet rough against my back.

I fiddled with the chain that dangled along my fingers. It was cold against my bare skin, the traces of blood from my victims smeared along my huge finger tips. As I released it, I listened to the clank as it fell down against the barren ground. Taemin was sprawled out in the middle of the clearing, his arms folded underneath his head as his knee's arched upwards. Baekhyun was sleeping next to him on his side, facing away. I narrowed my eyes and smirked silently, seeing the handle of an blade tucked neatly underneath his arm.

I leaned foreword, peering around the thin willow tree to see Sehun resting as well, his dark hair hanging in his face as he allowed his head to rest against his knees, that was tucked firmly against his chest. Beside him, was a silver pistol. The lights made it gleam and glisten as if it was a treasured prize.  I gripped my chain firmly, before moving foreword silently in a hunters crouch. I winced as the chain made a single jingle or jangle. I closed my right eye in deep concentration before hesitantly stretching my arm out towards it.

Almost there.

"Don't even think about it." Sehun's voice rasped hoarsely.

Saki's P.O.V

I felt my eyes snap open like wildfire as I heard the sound of a sharp yell from Sehun,before the loud thud of him hitting the ground. I was laying on my left side, making me have to look over my shoulder. He had used Kris's chain against him, using it to hook underneath his feet and flip him. He was looming over him now, the silver pistol aimed directly at his face. If tension was visible, it would be like the electricity passed between them both. I exhaled, before allowing myself to relax on my side again.

Wait a damn minute..

Is the ground moving?

I blinked and felt my eyes slowly open once more, to see myself steadily rising and falling. I felt slight panic surge through me, before I lifted my head up barely. At the sight I saw next, I could have sworn the air was clean from my lungs. Kai was sprawled out beneath me, his arm folded underneath his head. His right arm, was fastened securely around my waist, holding me close onto him. His leather jacket was sprawled out along us both, the scent of cologne. A intense blush crept onto my face.

He may be dead, but he is so warm..

I looked both ways through my draped black hair, my eyes darting back and forth. Sehun was to busy trying to make sure Kris got his message, dragging him against the tree. Baekhyun and Taemin remained asleep as well know, facing back to back. I gulped shakily before lowering myself back onto Kai. I listened to the stillness of his chest now, just empty silence. There was no heart beat either. The thought made a shiver suppress up my spine, making me tremble a little bit.

I paused as he stirred beneath me, his upper torso rising up. I inhaled sharply, and clutched my eyes as tight as they would go, before I could subconsciously feel his icy gaze lock onto me. He mumbled something underneath his breath, before pushing me off of him with no remorse. I landed on my back, giving a loud yelp of shock.

Kris's P.O.V

"What the actual hell was that for?"

"Why in the hell was you cuddling me!"

"I don't know, I woke up like that! What was you trying to pull, you ert!"

"I'm the ert? You was the one who looked damn comfortable."

I looked over to see Kai and Saki yelling at one another. Both of them had a visible flush to their cheeks, and awkwardly stood onto their feet, brushing off the dusk and herbs that made their way onto them. I smirked to myself, and even Sehun was leaning foreword a bit, staring past me at the pair. The same knowing expression snaking his thin lips, before he stood up swiftly. I groaned before following him, standing numbly to my feet. I looked at the scars that was visible along my frame, they may have lost their wings, but they still had powers.

"Are you two done?" Sehun questioned as I was tugged after him.

"He started it, that creep!" Saki blurted out, pointing a finger at his face swiftly. 

"I saw you pretending to sleep, you was well aware of what was going on. You seemed quiet happy to me." I mused, before tilting my head to the side, making my collar clank.

Silence.

"Oh my ing god, so you was trying to make a move you ert!" Kai said, rounding on her. His face twisted in disgust, before looking her up and down as she spluttered to find the words.

"You stupid demon! Y-You got it all wrong!" She said, before flapping her hands around like she lost her mind.

I simply shrugged with a smile, before looking over my shoulder at Baekhyun who sat straight up slowly, his expression filled with exhaustion and his gaze sliced to everyone else. Before I could even react, there was a sound of a gun firing, causing my ear to ring. Everyone yelped and jumped back in alarm, revealing a steaming bullet hole in front of us. Everyone fell silent as he rubbed his face  in silence, a slow snarl cascading out of his lips.

"Do you all ever shut up? It's way to early for this."

 

Saki's P.O.V

I yelped; nearly jumping out of my skin and sliding near Kai. He stared at me in a silent scorn, facing his back to me in a silent scowl. I stood there rigidly- placing a finger in my ear to try and stop the loud ringing erupting in it as it gradually got louder and them dimmed down, making reality slowly sink back inside my mind ever so gradually. I watched the former angel use his huge white blade as a cane, propelling him off the ground steadily before standing on his wobbly feet.

"Alright Saki-what's the plan?" He said,before brushing off the dust from his torn and jagged shirt.

Wait, Hold up.. What?

"I don't think doll face here has any brilliant ideas. Xiumin, nobody knows where his went after the angels fell from heaven decades ago." Taemin said, before looking between me and Baekhyun.

I opened my mouth to speak, feeling my throat go dry before Kris chimed in next,cutting me off as swiftly as it took for him to step forward. "I agree, I know me and Taemin could somehow channel and contact him,since he's half demon and angel."

"How do you suggest we do that?" Kai mumbled, raising an eyebrow at the pair, sliding his hand down to the side, where the tip of his gun was latched firmly.

"Well, we need a summoning ritual, of course. Or at least to pin point him, but you angels need to help too, since he's a mix of every breed." Taemin said before snapping his fingers as he declared them both, closing his right eye in a wink.

Silence once more.

"No way, I think we messed you up to bad yesterday. That means we'd need to break the chains to unleash your full power potential." Sehun said,speaking above the faint eerie silence and the rushing of water further away, as if it encouraged one of us to speak.

Let him loose? We are not seriously considering that- are we?

"Well, yes.. You would." Taemin said, pausing to flip his thick brown bangs, dried blood plastered along the tips.

Kris's P.O.V

What are you trying to pull, Taemin?

 I looked in the corner of my eye towards the boy, giving a silent frown. He caught my gaze, before the edges of his busted lips up turned into a sly grin like a serpent. I held my breath, giving a hiss through my clenched teeth. Baekhyun narrowed his icy blue, abnormal eyes at us both in deep wonderment. Sehun, on the other hand, didn't seem to share his thought process as he clutched the chain tighter around his knuckles, making them turn white.

"Are we going to stand here all day? The apocalypse might as well happen." I said bluntly, not really caring what was decided as the time ticked away.

The two angels seemed to share some type of telepathic mind, staring at one another for a few moments. I barely could contain my satisfaction as they both broke gazes and approached us both individually. Sehun looked at me before giving a silent 'tch' before placing his hands around the thicker base of the chain around my neck. I smiled barely, before keeping my stance at the sudden burning sensation that lacerated into my neck. A moment later, my containment shattered onto the ground near my feet, kicking up dust.

"Now that is a little better, that wasn't so hard, was it?" I said, before nudging the chains further away, turning my combat boots to the side to do so, making it cling and clank together.

"I know I am new to being dead and all, but isn't this violating so many human rights? Releasing demons?" Saki spluttered as she spoke up, her voice cracking as her eyes darted back and forth.

"What choice do we have? None of us are strong enough on our own." Baekhyun said as he had his back to us, the side of his face showing as I heard the clank of Taemin's change a second later. 

I approached his side, almost by instinct. We all faced one another, before Taemin suddenly declined towards the ground. He crossed his legs in a criss-cross fashion. He peered upwards before tapping the ground beside him. I joined at an angle, facing vertically to him.  

Saki's P.O.V

Oh god- well.. Whatever he has left for us.

"This is seriously bad news; see there was a church I knew; they kicked this guy out because they thought he was some witch- wait no Warlock;because he had-" I blabbed on; leaning inwards towards Kai as I spoke, before getting cut of at his sudden glare.

"Are you done? You think I support this? I want to just kill all four of them and just get this done with." Kai said as he watched Baekhyun and Sehun join the circle, except horizontally from one another.

Baekhyun began to pull the blade out of his pocket- before twirling it through his fingers a few times. He looked at the three others across from him, before sliding it firmly against the base of his hand. I winced as the blood began to bubble out; before it dripped against the terrain underneath him. One by one; the blade became more fused in the blood before it gave off a mist like aroma to it.

"What now?" Kai asked after they made their blood pact; crossing his arms as he looked to them each in turn.

Before I could even speak; I could feel the ground hum underneath my shoes. I snapped my head up swiftly before a huge thick crack split underneath them- mainly around the droplets of blood overlapping one another. I grunted as I struggled to hold my arms out- trying to stabilize myself. I jolted backwards; before landing painfully on my . I screamed as the cracks seemed to hunt down my hands - racing towards them.

The others jumped back as well; shouting commands at one another as the ground seemed to roar to life. I winced as dust filled the once clear air; the red sky above blocking out the dimming sunlight. The dry terrain of few tree's began to fall away; into a canyon of debris as the ground gaped it's wide mouth. 

Kris's P.O.V

What the hell is happening?

"Run! Go - Now!" Baekhyun shouted over the sound of ground.

I could barely see what was happening in front of me. I clutched my hands to my side firmly; feeling the warm sticky blood trickle down the base of my hand; splattering onto the ground with a loud hiss. A wilting and dying tree in front of me suddenly jutted downwards; the crack widening releasing a huge hole as it tumbled down it- hitting each side. I felt my eyes widen before looking back; the outlines of the others a blur.

I heard the sudden screech of Saki; before seeing her frame fall into the hole. I skidded to a halt; trying my best to out run the splitting of the ground. This must have been what Taemin plan to happen.. To try and escape this world. I landed on my knee's ignoring the breath taking pain that erupted within me. I looked down; seeing the pitch black of the hole beneath us; before seeing her to the right side; her fingers hooking onto the edge. Her left arm struggled to grip a hold on the wall; while her legs dangled beneath her. 

"Kris! Help me!" She screamed; her black hair draped along her back. Rocks tumbled down the side as her feet kicked wildly beneath her.

I gritted my teeth before extending my arm; reaching for her out stretched and cut up hand. I winced; trying to keep a firm hold on the ground; arching her upwards slowly. I felt my knees began to slide closer to the edge; before closing my eyes at the effort. Almost there; I felt her weight get heavier and heavier as she came closer to the top. I snapped my eyes open as the ground rumbled loudly; before I looked beneath me.

The ground began to zig zag and crack beneath my own feet; before I released her hand. I heard her scream in agony before the sound ebbed away as she fell downwards. I gave my own yell as the ground gave away; before I jutted downwards; rocks and debris racing by me in the process. The top speeding away from me; the light fading every inch.

Saki's P.O.V

Am I dead? Again?

I groaned inwardly; the tumble of the earth a huge blur. I felt the pounding in my head as I shifted; trying to encourage myself to get up. I fluttered my eyelids to begin opening them; before slowly doing so. I nearly winced as I gave a hiss through my teeth; the light blinding my eyes. Above me - I saw tons of outlines of city buildings; along with the faint honking of car horns and the busy chattering of people around me. I jolted upwards into a sitting position; to see a dazzling bright blue sky above me.

No way.. We are in the real world..

I felt my heart pound rapidly in my chest; almost demanding to be let loose. I staggered to my feet; before seeing people talking on their cellphones on the side walk; passing mini shops along the way. I looked at a middle aged woman that hurriedly was making her way; a tiny boy with spiky black hair holding an soldier action figure. I parted my mouth to speak to her; as her bright blonde hair draped her face as she had her phone tucked against her shoulder. She tugged her son along impatiently.

"Mommy mommy! That lady wants your help!"

"Stop it- Toby; we need to get home to daddy."

She snapped; before I stopped waving my arms and shouting 'hey'. I gasped as she suddenly walked straight through me; a sense of light headed feeling seeping through my entire body. I turned around to see them walking by- before feeling tears invade the edges of my eyes. I slowly felt defeat sink in; before I lowered myself onto the edge of the curb. I tucked my arms around my busted up and bloody knees; my ragged clothes hanging off of me.

I sniffled; before lifting my head as footsteps approached me gradually. I titled my head upwards to see a figure in a black trench coat; his hands shoved deep into his pockets. He didn't move or speak; but just stared at me. He smirked, the edges of his mouth turning upwards into a smile. I stood onto my feet; nearly falling in the process. He suddenly turned before walking away past me, the people he shouldered by paying no mind to him.

"Hey wait!"

Kris's P.O.V

"Wake up." A voice hissed over me.

I fluttered my eyelids; giving a low groan. I inhaled deeply as I felt a sudden cold gust of icy water splash over my entire frame; making me jolt upwards. I looked around crazily; reaching for my waist to feel for my gun. Wait a minute.. The only thing I felt was the outline of a belt buckle. I winced visibly as I swung my feet over the side of the small black and white plaid sofa.

"Where in the hell are we?" I snapped; my voice hoarse and raspy.

"You tell me; you was looking for me." The voice responded, before he turned to me.

He was wearing a black trenchcoat, before he slowly removed it. He was a smaller framed boy, his hair a silver collar that was spiked up a little in the front and back. Black eyeliner and eyeshadow outline his eyes, before he stared at me. I narrowed my eyes before realizing exactly who he was. As if he knew I figured it out; he scoffed before leaning against a wooden wall; resting his heel against it.

"We need your help." I admitted; before looking around.

We was in a stuffy room; the coach on the far side of the room on the right wall. The floor was a blood stained white; while a desk top table was directly in front of me; facing the wall with paper scattered everywhere with a dimming light. A pull out recliner was further away near the far left; a worn out coffee table in the middle.The only light was the one from the lamp further away. I could make out the outline of Taemin; Baekhyun and Sehun. I heaved a sigh of relief.

"Where is Kai?" I asked; before turning my head to him.

"How should I know? He said some girl's name and raced out." He said; holding a pocket knife. He tabbed it against the tip of his finger; looking at the blood as it trickled down.

"Saki." I mumbled; before slowly arising to my feet momentarily.

"Oh- her? Hm; I left her behind."

Saki's P.O.V

"Oh great; where did he go.." I panted; resting my hands on my knee's.

I felt my chest hitch and fall; my hot breath rugged and shaky. I looked around at an abandoned street I have ended up on. The buildings around me was half destroyed and hanging on by a wire; windows busted in; paint chipping off. I straightened up; before listening to the steady tapping of my shoes against the pavement. The man didn't even wait for me; but he did keep looking back at me. I looked around shakily; wrapping my arms around my frame.

I tensed as there was the sound of footsteps behind me; before picking up the pace. I slowly looked over my shoulder as it stopped; before I was faced with a humanoid being. It's face was peeled off; to reveal all the muscles and blood that leaked out and down its complexion. Its sockets was empty and hallow; its teeth jugged and sticking outwards. I gave a loud scream; making it give a defiant roar.

I closed my eyes;waiting for my death and the explosion of pain- but it never came. I opened my eyes; feeling my frame shiver and tremble rapidly. I peaked through my fingers; seeing the outline of Kai in front of me. His huge blade was through it's chest; making flesh stick to it - along with black oozing blood. His pale face was splattered and dotted with the blood; before he heaved the blade off it- using his foot as a propeller to do so.

"Oh my god; I thought I was abandoned here.." I breathed; feeling my voice crack and break.

"No; but we did find your little friend." He said; before staring at me; before giving a loud sigh.

I felt my eyes widen; before feeling my breath hitch in my chest. I pictured the little silver haired boy; who always was smiling.. always so bright. I clutched my hands together; before hearing a loud thud behind me. I turned over my shoulder to see the same familiar face.

"Hey there; Sak."