Chapter 3

Chasing Light In The Darkness

Saki's P.O.V

"Help! Someone help!" I screamed, feeling the numbness in my arms. 

Here was was, we was hanging along a perfectly plastered and silhouetted stone wall; the bricks showing every single engraving,  above me hung my arms that was cuffed into silver shackles medieval style. It wasn't to supernatural, except the fact that stars seemed to spin and move rapidly along the sky above us. Shadows never fell onto the ground, it's like everything was blank. I looked down at the long drop below me, that made it hard to see as the moonlight barely the floor. 

"Stop calling for help. Nobody is going to save us." Kai grumbled further away from me. I heard the angry pull of his shackles from directly in front of me.

"Those two angels will." 

"Baekhyun and Sehun? Please, they won't save anyone unless it benefit's them."

"They said they needed me for -for something.." 

"Yeah? Well, guess what 'princess'? They said that they needed me too when we all was alive."

His voice snapped and cracked, making me jump in utter shock. It echoed off the walls that seemed to enclose around us like a square. There was a booming voice of a guard who gave us a order to be quiet, before I gulped and fell silent. I looked in the direction he was, before feeling slight pity surge in the pit of my stomach. Helplessness seemed to engulf me like a wild flame every second.

Now I understand why Kai slightly hates these angels. They never tried saving him from the middle of purgatory, or in real life apparently.. Or when he got banished from heaven. 

"So, do you have an escape plan or what?" I questioned, jingling the shackles that dug into the flesh of my skin.

Sehun's P.O.V

I groaned inwardly, feeling a numbing yet rushing pain take every single part of my body like sharp, jagged claws. I sat straight up, feeling a lightheaded surge making me jut my left hand upwards before grabbing it. My mind and memory felt fuzzy and scattered in pieces. Then it all hit me at once, making me slowly stagger to my feet. I looked around rapidly for Baekhyun, who was a few inches from me.

"Baekhyun." I murmured, before approaching him.

"Nnng.." He groaned, sprawled out beneath me. 

We was in the middle of the same beautiful forest, but it was now worn out and destroyed again, nothingness. There was no plant life, rivers, anything. He blinked his pure blue eyes, before looking to me before he slowly sat up. I gasped inwardly, as I realized on his back was huge red and long gashes. His beautiful, once elegant and powerful wings was now gone- torched and burned off. He looked like a basic human as he sat there, hunched over a little bit as he collected himself. I silently extended my hand over my shoulder, hissing in pain as I felt the tender wound. 

No wings.

"Our wing-"

"I know. They exiled us." 

He stood silently, before looking to me with a look of pure anger and betrayal. Everything we have ever worked for in the after life, it's all been a lie. The upper hierarchy gods must be up to something. They claimed to her mother and father that they needed her, to stop the damnation of all humans- and all the realms alike. Wanting to keep her and cast us away seems very suspicious, unless they are up to something alot more sinister. I breathed deep before grabbing my sword, slinging it along my right shoulder; even though it ached.

"I have an idea, but you're not going to like it." I mumbled flatly, before slowly eyeing as he did the same.

"What?" 

"We can have Luhan and Tao to help us." I smirked slowly, realizing that those two are rogue angels.

His brow furrowed together in utter annoyance, before sighing in defeat.

Saki's P.O.V

Clank.

I jolted my head upwards as there was the sounds of metal clanking against the brick, making it echo around us never ending. In pure hope and desperation, I slid my fingers upwards on the cold chains and felt around. Nope. It wasn't mine. I looked across towards where Kai was, feeling my vision adjust- since we both have been in the dark for so long. The only thing I could see was him hanging my one shackle, a small blade in his grasp. He used his feet to push him upwards against the brick, even though the metal seemed to glow whenever he touched it, making a slight hissing noise.

"What are you doing?" I hissed, before looking upwards towards the guard who had his back towards us, his huge wings outstretched and bristling in the breeze.

"What's it look like?" He whispered back, before he jiggled the blade in it, using his shackled hand to grasp the chain for more stability. As it fell off; he held onto it, before dangling downwards. He met my gaze for a split second, before flipping me the middle fingers and releasing it. I gasped in utter horror and shock that he just abandoned me like that. I looked into the black abyss below, before listening to the thud of his feet as he landed. He just left me! No-No.. He will come back. 

Before I could even breathe or think my own escape plan, there was the same utterly blinding white light. I turned my head sharply to the right, to try and avoid the impact. It didn't help much, and I shut my eyes tightly, seeing the blinding light even on my eyelids. There was shouting of angels above me, more like roaring. I jumped as someone said my name quizzically, before I opened my eyes that was spotted and dappled in patches of white and yellow.

"Baekhyun!" I squeaked, in slight fear and shock.

Did he come to finish me off or release me?

He smirked at me slyly, his expression unreadable in the dark.

Sehun's P.O.V

"I'm shocked you actually-" I began to speak before a guard slashed his huge sword against mine, making a pure white spark explode in front of my vision.

"Helped us." I finished my sentence, before holding my sword against my head before doing a 360 with my blade, before kicking off the actually narrowed gaped wall, before striking him across the face. The guard roared, before his face spewed sticky and red dark blood, hot and moist against my face. He exploded into a pile of black solid ash, before trickling down like rain. Further away from me, was two outlines of boys.

"And miss-" Luhan questioned, striking his smaller yet more marked up blade through another guard that came at him from the back; making him puff into ash as well. "The fight?"

I looked down as I heard the sound of Saki's voice, before dropping my gaze a little bit. I turned and kicked off the side of the wall, before lunging foreword and grasping Tao's ankles. His pure black wings flapped more faster, the wind causing a smooth breeze as it hit my face, I dislodged one hand, to use it to hold my blood covered sword, that slanted and dripped as gravity did it's work. There was an outline of an angel charging at Baekhyun, before Tao suddenly flew towards it. 

With a yell and some leaping force, I was air born for a few seconds, arching my huge blade back before landing directly on the angel's back. He roared loudly, making my ears ring violently. I gripped the back of his pure white wings, the texture and feeling soft underneath my hands. I jerked foreword, before holding the blade against his throat, before slicing it swiftly. I winced as blood splattered on my face once more; almost a burning sensation taking over me. Baekhyun looked back, Saki now free as he kept a hold of her, holding onto Luhan who soared further above. 

Where in the hell is Kai? Hopefully he didn't get caught again.

Saki's P.O.V

"You having fun yet?" Baekhyun asked, tilting his head down to look at me. 

I watched him lunge away from the dark Cheonsa named Luhan, before doing a back flip, almost as if it was in slow motion. He pressed his feet against the side of the wall, before crashing his blade deep into the chest of a guard. From Baekyhun's absent presence, I clutched onto Luhan's feet tightly, praying that I didn't lose grip or fall. I screamed as I saw an outline of a figure, before it suddenly crashed straight into us. I screamed and struggled to keep a hold, there was a creature that didn't look like any creature I've seen before.

It was almost skeleton like, rotting flesh all over it's body. It hung loosely like decaying flesh and muscle; it's eyes sunken in and a charcoal black. It's teeth, however, was jutting and sharp; saliva flinging off as it gave a high pitched scream. It had wings; appearing almost as black bones; bat like skin between each bony lining of it's wings. In it's hand was a pure black sword; even though it had the same type of ancient script writing on it. Luhan gave a agonized yell; as it lingered towards his face. The creature gave a swift lunge foreword, dislodging Luhan's own weapon out of his hand. 

Before he could lunge towards it, it flew towards us again. I was jerked around like a ragdoll as we went left, then right, dodging it's blows- sharp claws hooked on it's spine-tingling long fingers. I winced as it's claws missed Luhan as it aimed low, for his stomach. Pain exploded into me as it struck my upper shoulder; my bright black blood starting to bubble and drizzle out. My blood felt utterly hot; as if I was going to explode at any second. My right injured arm seemed to go limp; before as it it had a mind on it's own- released. I dangled by one arm; my fingers curling around his ankles.

"Hold on Saki! Don't le-" Luhan said looking down at me; before his face twisted in pain.

Sehun's P.O.V

I froze in horror as I looked down to see my old friend suddenly start to crack. His mouth opened, exposing his fangs before giving a mighty roar. Black visible cracks slithered up his face, before he suddenly exploded into ash. I screamed no! in agony along with Tao, who had clear and almost see through tears trickle down his perfectly porcelain skin. I felt my heart break in my chest as I watched his ashes trickle down to the abyss like our enemies that we killed before. I felt sick to my stomach, my mouth dry. 

"Help me!" Saki screeched, holding onto a loose brick that jutted out of the side of the well appearing yet square like structure. Her hand's barely gripped the slippery stone, her eyes wide as her body dangled like a piece of cloth in the wind. Before I could say anything else, the outline of Kai surged upwards like a blast of lightning. He was on the back of one of the skeleton demonic like creatures- it's jaw cut off along with it's arms. They was just stubs of flesh and decaying skin; even though it's rotten wings was int act.

He grabbed her by the upper arm, even though her face contorted in pain before he flung her on it's back next to him. He pressed his blood covered blade against the creatures neck. Whenever he angled the blade- is where the creature flew. I looked around; looking around for my companion; Baekhyun. I gasped as I saw him at the bottom of the pit; carving something into the the side of the wall. Tao must have spotted him too- before we suddenly jutted downwards at an alarming pace. 

I inhaled deeply as the air seemed to be away from my lungs as we descended at high speeds; my body straight out as they clung onto his ankles. My eyes watered as my hair was blown back; everything just a blur of black and light streaks of blue and black from the sky above. We slowed before gravity defined us again; making me dangle in front of him. He faced us; a bunch of blood in a perfectly symmetrical circle.

Saki's P.O.V

"About time you showed up!" I snapped at Kai.

The creature roared as it tried to buck us off; bobbing up and down and jerking it's head back. Kai glared; before pressing the blade closer to it's neck; making it's skin bubble and melt away. It gave a ear splitting screech; before jutting downwards where he angled it. I screamed in failed warning; before clutching my arms firmly around his waist. He glanced back at me for a second; and I swore his cheeks turned a slight red. I shoved my face into his back; even though the plummet seemed to make my body and insides lurch.  

He pulled the creature up; stopping the sensation of me spitting my guts out. We was hovering above the ground; where Baekhyun, Sehun, Tao was. Baekhyun was carving something into the moist and eroding brick wall; his blood smearing it. The cut on his hand was deep and glistened; before Sehun did it as well. I reached for the knife with no hesitation this time; before jumping and I felt my blood turn to pure ice. There was the roaring of more arch angels above; before the outlines of them above past over us like specks in the sky.

"We have to hurry." Kai whispered; swinging his legs over the side of the creature before landing on the ground.

"We won't get far. We're missing something." Tao mumbled suddenly, cutting us all off.

"What?" Sehun questioned; even though the hesitation in his eyes seemed to give it away.

"A sacrifice." He whispered; his voice barely audible.

What? He isn't planning on killing any of us- is he? 

I hesitantly edged away; even though his gaze wasn't locked on anyone in particular even though his gaze flickered around us. I felt my breath hitch in my throat; before he slowly raised his blade. He gave a dip of his head; his pure black hair falling in his face before he shoved it right into his heart. I screamed; trying to lunge to him to pull it out.

Sehun's P.O.V

"TAO!" I screeched in pure horror and alarm, but it was already to late.

He's sacrificing himself..

His once porcelain skin that was tainted with our enemies blood; began to crack and peel off. His light brown eyes glowed in pure illuminated light; his huge fangs jutting out. I staggered backwards as the light also busted from his chest; splattering blood on the side of the symbol Baekhyun had drawn out in our blood. I heard Saki sobbing behind us- a shivering and shaking mess. I felt my breath get caught in my throat as he met my gaze, before whispering something along the lines of:

"Don't let them get her.."

Before he suddenly exploded into ash, making all of us jump and flinch away. I slung my arm over my eyes in reaction; before everything went silent except his once blood curdling scream that echoed and bounced off the walls. I felt stinging tears edge the corners of my eyes, before streaming down like water falls. I tensed as there was the sound of screeching and howling of rage, before the angels that once circled us from above descended towards us at lightning speeds. A glimpse of white and black, edged with feathers and shiny swords.

"NO!" Saki screeched, before holding up both her hands in a stop stance.

I winced as her cry seemed to pierce into my ears at a inhumane volume. To my amazement, a bright blue neon light emerged from the palms of her hands; before busting upwards towards the sky above. I was suddenly knocked off my feet from the sudden blast; casting shadows everywhere and piercing my eyes with a burning sensation. I was airborne for a few seconds before I landed on the hard and moist sandy ground with a thud; the air knocked out of my lungs. I lifted my arm once more; shielding my icy blue-gray eyes before peaking out.

How is she doing that?

Saki's P.O.V

This feeling... It's incredible.

I felt my breathing heightened and tremble; my body shaking as the light beamed from my hands. The force of it made my hair flap and fly in multiple directions; my eyes narrowed- the light to much even for me. Baekhyun, Sehun and Kai all was knocked to the ground; their shadows dancing behind them as the light flickered. The angels that once cascaded down us all stopped simultaneously; before they all screeched in pure agony. To my amazement; bright blue flames lapped at their frames and skin hungrily; peeling away the flesh and wings at amazing rates.

I felt awe and fear engulf me all at once; making my eyes widen in horror and bewilderment. Soon; they all exploded with a loud bang before trickling down steadily. The light from my hands dimmed before going out altogether. I felt the surging power that was once in me fade away; along with my energy. My legs seemed to give out first; before everything started to tilt and I began to crash onto the ground. I barely felt the pain as my ears began producing a loud ringing noise; before I felt a warm substance trickle from the side of my mouth. 

"Is she alright?!" I heard the muffled voice of Baekhyun shout, before there was the outline of him kneeling in front of me on his knee's.

"She found one of her powers." Kai mumbled, before approaching further behind; even though I saw double of them.

I felt myself being lifted up by someone; my body carried bridal style. The ringing eased off a little bit; even though everything was a big and black blur that surrounded my vision. I felt my breathing still shake and tremble at inhuman rates; but the trembling physically subdued. Kai peered down at me with slight praise, even though we moved to face the brick wall directly behind us. I gave a low moan as it glowed in a piercing white color; getting brighter and brighter as it engulfed the outlines of my companions.

Sehun's P.O.V

"Do you think she'll discover her powers?" I questioned; sprawling along the earthy terrain below me.

We was back in the inbetween; the breeze chilling me to the core. I looked at the colorful sky; as if the colors was splashed around by an bored artist attempting to create something great. Further away, Baekhyun was cleaning off his blades in a clear blue lake that steadily surged as if running away by an unseen force. Kai was kneeling over Saki who was completely out by now; her frame utterly still. I narrowed my eyes through my matted black bangs; before observing the rising and falling of her chest.

"I'm guessing so. But there's still more to expect from her." Baekhyun mumbled; tilting a jutting blade around in his hand as it glistened and gleamed as if it was brand new.

"Well, you're ancient prophecy is wrong. The 'higher archy' is not wanting to save her. Or the humans or anything like that. They want to kill all off us; as if to start an apocalypse." Kai snapped; using invisible quotations with his fingers as he turned around from Saki as he knelt down in front of her. He slid of his blood covered leather jacket as he shook it off his injured arm; before placing it over Saki.

"How dare you? You're only mad because you're-" I snapped in pure rage; feeling my eyes widen before marching towards him. I let a small black knife meant for demons slide down my sleeve before letting it rest against my wrist. Before I could reach it or throw it, Baekhyun dashed in front of me.

"Enough. Kai is right." He snapped; resting his hand on my chest; even though I still clutched the blade tip so tightly that it dug into the first layer of my cold skin.

"He's right. We can't trust heaven. We have to fend for ourselves right now- stop the endings of time." He mumbled.

Does this really mean the worlds going to end for all of us? I guess there's one way to find out.