Chapter 4

Chasing Light In The Darkness

Taemin's P.O.V

"Hm, do you think this looks appeals to me?" I asked openly, before doing an twirl in front of a broken and shattered mirror.

I looked at my appearance with little expression as possible. I looked at my dark brown hair that swooped and framed my deathly pale skin. My black leather jeans hugged my frame, along with my leather trench coat that draped along my scarred arms and chest. A black torn and rugged looking shirt was sprawled beneath it, almost hanging on by the seams. I looked over my shoulder, to see my most loyal servant behind me.

"Yes, Prince Taemin." He answered, both hands clasped together neatly in front of his torso.

I gave an wicked smile, before feeling my sharp canines jut out. I felt contentment spark inside me, before allowing my tongue to run over the base of my teeth, feeling the warmth of the blood begin to trickle down. The taste appeared sweet yet sour, like a kids favorite candy. To humans, it would be bitter and salty. No no, not to me however. I turned around to Kris silently.

"Oh you really need to lighten up, but I don't blame you, we're in the hell dimension after all." I said, before tossing my hands up as if it was the most glorious thing in the world.

I blinked my eyes in the pitch black cave we was sprawled around in. There was no light nor sound, except the faint screaming of tortured souls past the jutting mouth, but even the most bravest of demons did not dare venture there at times. I felt curiosity spark inside of me as there was the faint sound of wings beating against the usual still warm air. I looked over to see the outline of a skeleton-type monster, before mist engulfed it as it landed directly in front of me.

"Ah hello~" I said, with an casual wave of my hand.

"Taemin, we have found her." He spoke, his voice distorted, since his demonic ways have engulfed the remains of his human soul.

"Suit up Kris, let's begin the legendary hunt." 

Saki's P.O.V

"Ughh!" I exploded; before violently leaning forward.

I coughed and spluttered violently, feeling my body suppress a cold chill running up and long my side at lightning speeds. I inhaled deeply, even though the substance Baekhyun handed me seemed to take full control of my body. I was clutching the triangular looking glass container in my hand, a purple- translucent glowing liquid bubbling up inside of it. I peered around, seeing the scrunched up expressions of everyone else around me as well.

"Why do we have to take this angel piss again?" Kai groaned, his right eye closed as he forced down the liquid.

"I can't believe I'm agreeing, but, I want to know why too." I spoke up, my voice hoarse from the experience a moment earlier.

Baekhyun faced with an strict appearance on his perfect, angelic face. His brows furrowed together, and his icy grip seemed to coil around mind in a silent stand off. I knew better then to mess with him however, he may not have his wings.. But those blades and weapons him and Sehun carry, those could be very deadly. I toned out as he began lecturing us on how it will channel our energy and much more.

"...And that is why." I toned him back in as I felt my gaze wonder onto his, before he seemed to snatch mine once more.

"I don't think they listened to a single word you said, Baek." Sehun mumbled blandly. 

"T-That isn't true!" I stammered, as I saw his shadow grow like wild fire over mine at rapid speeds.

"You need to handle this serious, Saki." He seethed, before I felt his hands grip the front of my shirt like a snakes coil. I felt my breath hitch in slight panic, before giving a curt nod.

Taemin's P.O.V

I see you.

I smirked; even though I wasn't exactly in my human form at the moment. I was prodding around on all fours; my demonic hell hound beast was always the sight to behold. I looked to my right to see my reflection; the water rushing at rapid speeds as if its self wanted to rush away from me at raging speeds; the sides of the water gushing and splurging up the sides as water droplets trickled down. A huge; wolf like monstrosity peered back at me; it's teeth so huge it had to depart it's blood tainted jowls to just keep remain comfortable.

Rotting flesh hung off it's sides; exposing soft rotting tissue and flesh; the bones cracked and shipped away. Black fur that was soaked in dried blood dangled off it's body in patterns; as well as two glowing red eyes that illuminated the surrounding areas. The hell hound was myself; and it was always more easier to get around this way. I felt a snarl burn into my chest and vibrate my body as I peered out of the thick canopy of the shadows; smelling the alluring scent of the girl; the goddess; Saki.

Kris appeared next to me; in the same horrible form as me. He peered at me in the corner of his eyes; his tongue swiping the edges of his muzzle as he huddled close, his ears pinning against his cranium. I lifted one ginormous paw in front of the other as I lurked foreword, trying to keep my presence at bay. With an eerie snarl that allowed drool to trickle down my pelt; I lunged foreword out of the shadows, both paws stretched out to reveal my jutting claws exposed.

I saw the panic and alarm flash into their eyes as they spotted me, staggering to their feet and shouting commands at one another. I gave a loud bark towards Kris, making him peel away from me and circle around, before Sehun suddenly darted after my servant. I dug my claws into the sturdy soil, gaining more traction before surging towards the girl.

"Come to me; Saki."

Saki's P.O.V

"Get down!" Kai yelled before he side tackled me onto the ground. 

I felt the breath get out of my lungs as I descended towards the ground, the moonlight dancing across my face as the stars seemed dead as they twinkled above. Kai was leaning over me, his arms on either side of his head. I gave an scream as the huge creature landed over us, giving an outraged snarl. It landed with an heavy thud before rounding on me, it's red glowing eyes locked onto mine in a hard stance.

"Come to me." I heard a faint voice loom in the back of my mind eerily, almost as an distant whisper.

It was the creature.

"Kai, either I'm going mad or that creature just talked." I whispered, before looking towards him.

He was on his feet now, making no sudden movements as he began to pull something shiny out of his pocket. A blade. Instead, it was all black in color and the markings was foreign and looked like scribbles to me, the top having an curved blade. He gripped it backwards in his hand, before his stare hardened. I slowly moved towards my own feet, as if time had slowed down entirely. I could feel the demonic's being cold dead eyes lock onto mine, even though Kai was staring at it. I backed away slowly, feeling an icy- blood chilling feeling rush down my spine.

"When I say, I want you to run." Kai said, jutting the blade forewords daringly, making a 'swoosh' sound.

"No! I'm not leaving you with that thing! It looks like it has an bad case of rabies!" I blurted out, before staggering to his side and gripping his shoulders,even though I had no idea why I wanted to stick around.

"God damn it, why can't you ever just once listen to me!" He snapped, as the creature lingered foreword.

"Why can't you ever trust me!" I snapped back, my annoyed tone shining through vibrantly.

Before I could even react, the creature lunged foreword once more, this time straight at me. If felt my eyes widen as it's figure flew towards me as it lunged.

Taemin's P.O.V

I felt myself speed towards her in rapid rates, before tackling her onto the ground. With an savage snarl, I allowed my teeth to bare as I pinned her. I allowed my claws to latch deep into her skin, making the beginning of indents. She screamed in pain, her voice splitting my ears. I growled before lurching my head downwards, before allowing my teeth to hook into her neck, before applying as much pressure I could.

I'm not going to kill her, but if she has my mark she's under my control.

Her voice and tone hitched, and I felt her body jerk and convulse widely underneath me, her hands swatting near my face. The more she struggled, the more I applied pressure. With an sharp breath and a breathy snarl, I allowed my teeth to pierce through her skin, before feeling the sticky yet salty taste of her blood lap at my tongue and my teeth, drizzling down the side of my muzzle. She gave a excruciating, choked out screech before her body flailed widely underneath me like a wounded animal. 

Pain exploded into my shoulder, along with the sound of bones cracking and flesh ripping in multiple directions. My own sticky and foul smelling blood stained my fur, sticking close to my skin. Like a rag doll, I tossed Saki to the side. Her body tumbled and flopped across the terrain, leaving streaks of bright russet blood droplets after her. Kai was facing me, a huge dagger that was messing with latched into my shoulder.

I yowled in pure agony as it made splotches suddenly evade my vision, before I staggered back. Once I did so, he gripped the blade before jerking it black. My dark blood splattered onto the ground at his feet, black liquid trickling down the tip of it. I snarled; even though my energy seemed to be draining rapidly from me. I snarled, before moving one shaky paw in front of the other, before leaping upwards towards him.

"Bring it, Taemin!" He screamed at me, before tensing up.

Saki's P.O.V

Pain.. so much pain..

I felt the feeling seep away from my body at rapid rates. My breath seemed to be away from my lungs, my body lurching and falling upwards hyperventilating; my eyes wide at the blurry sky. It seemed to swirl and spin around me, before I felt my warm blood trickle down the side of my mouth. As it did so, I felt an unbearable scorching sensation erupt into my body, making me give a blood curdling scream. My blood.. it's on fire.. I felt my mind scream at my body to move, but it just remained sprawled along the ground. 

I managed to turn my head,even though the boiling sensation internally fizzled up more. As the huge Wolf hybrid leaped towards him, another pure white snowy one collided into it. It's eyes was a piercing piercing blue, and the only thing I could make it out was the flashing of teeth and the gleam of bloody claws. The sound of the fight breaking out echoed all around, with loud yips and snarls. There was about four of them, and I silently awaited for them to enclose on me at any second.

Saki, can you hear me?"

"Baek..hyun?" I croaked; my voice sounding faded and weak.

"I need you to get up and get out of there; now!" 

I groaned inwardly as I felt my fingers give a reflective twitch, but nothing else happened. I felt the warm tears slowly begin to dribble down my face like a cascading waterfall, making me give a pathetic whimper. I looked above me as a shadow began to fall across my frame. Kai! He was all bloodied and it was a mix of darker red blood, and jet black. His right eye was closed, and his face contorted in pain as he lurched downwards. He scooped me up horizontally in his arms, before dashing off towards the canopy of woods.

"My blood.. it it burns.." I whispered; as I was sprawled out limply in his arms.

"I know, I need you to hang on though." He hissed through clenched teeth, his body going back and forth as he ran.

Taemin's P.O.V

I felt myself slowly ebb into an human form; my snarl ebbing into one of heavy panting. I felt my four legs to shrink into human arms and legs, before I was sprawled out side ways along the grass. I panted there rigidly; feeling my body ache and scream internally all over. My once black outfit of leather and jeans was ripped and shredded; my blood coated and sticky along it. Beneath the fabric was huge wounds of gashes and deep wounds. 

"I-Is that all you got..?" I choked out, between wicked chuckles that bubbled through my blood tainted lips.

I allowed my hand to brush through my hair as I propelled myself upwards into a upright position on my side; my arm quivering and shaking as all my weight was placed along it. I looked to my right to see Kris limping towards me, he looked badly banged up, before there was the white furred outline of a huge wolf behind him. Sehun. He snarled and bared his bloody teeth that was covered into black droplets.

"We should just kill him right now." Baekhyun said, before holding a blade straight out towards my face.

"That wouldn't be necessary there, you lost your wings didn't you? You really think I wouldn't be cast out of hell?" 

"Are you?" 

"What do you think?" I said, before getting a mix of spit and saliva in my mouth, before swishing it back and forth, before jutting it out of my mouth and onto him.

He stood there rigidly; before smearing it down his face in utter disgust. I smirked weakly as he lunged downwards and gripped me by the front of my tattered shirt; my feet dangling inwardly as I did not fight back. I must be right, since they are not obeying the ''higherarchy'' words. I smiled silently to myself, knowing I had to change tactics a little bit. I have to get their trust, and then, the girl will be mine after all.

"You'e going to be a prisoner, we can't risk you running back to hell."

I smiled simply, before holding my hands out, staring at the piercing white chain in his hands.

Saki's P.O.V

"OW!" I yelped, before jerking backwards.

I was sitting on a rotting log, the rough texture making my bloody palms ache and cry out. I had both of my legs tucked firmly against my chest, before staring through my blood-streaked clumped hair. Kai was kneeling in front of me, dipping a peace of his tattered clothing into a tiny pool of water. I flinched as the coldness of the substance met me red and tinder skin; making me grit my teeth sharply.

"Who was that, or what was that?" I said, my breath hitching making me choke out the words.

"Taemin, he's a demon." He said, his head tilted to the side as he observed the wound. 

"What does he want with me?" I frowned, feeling my bottom lip pout as my words turned into a subtle whine.

"Who doesn't want you?" He retorted with a scoff, before lowering his arm to dip the cloth.

I felt a new sensation creep onto my face, but instead of any pain, there wasn't any at all. I blinked as I realized I was observing him more clearly. His skin was a stunning porcelain color; and his scars seemed to make his features pop. His smoky eyes and highlighted black color of his eyeliner- appearance around his eyes seemed to make them pop. I felt my eyes trail towards his lips, they looked so soft and tender. His dirty blonde hair s into his face, stained with blood, dirt and much more.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" He said, before his fingers appeared directly in front of my eyes, before they snapped a few times.

"I-I'm not! I was trying to figure out how stupid you must be; I'm trying to see if it was over your face." I said; before pressing my arms against my chest.

"All done."

He said, before allowing his hand to hit the side of my neck, making me give a loud yelp; feeling the pain. I gave a silent curse, before jolting towards my feet. The same numbing, aching and burning sensation in my blood seemed to be ebbing away, but it was still there. Kai said they needed to look for a remedy for my 'sickness' whatever that may be.

Taemin's P.O.V

"Hey! Watch it!" 

I snapped, before being yanked foreword sharply. I looked at the chain that was dragging along the terrain, collecting and hooking small twigs. It was connected to a huge metal spiked collar around my neck, a pure gray and casting glows and reflections in the dark. I felt like a prisoner, but it was better then being totally defenseless. I looked to my right, to see Kris trudging next to me, wincing here and there as weight was applied onto his leg.

"Hey, angel boys. Are you going to aid me and my friend, here?" 

"Shut up Taemin, you nearly killed everyone." 

"Oh come on! I was just saying hello!" 

Sehun glared at me, before facing ahead again, giving Kris a more violent tug. He gave a grunt, before nearly face planting as the chain went straight. It jingled and jangled along the forest, making it echo and bounce back at us. I sighed, before feeling an amused grin snake my lips, thinking more sinister thoughts to make it ebb away. Kai and Saki was up ahead, their features distinguishable in the shadowy moonlight.

"Look what the cat dragged in." Kai said, before scoffing as he looked at me, utterly amused. 

"Kai! My buddy, old pal! How about being a sport and busting me out of these chains, huh?" I said, before tossing my hands in the air as I gave a charming smile.

"Not a damn chance." He said, before jerking away from me viciously as I reached out towards him.

"We're seriously not taking him with us, are we?" Saki whispered, before raising her right hand shakily, pointing straight out.

"There's my lovely Saki! Come give me a hug." I said, before opening my arms out, tilting my head to the side.

"No way!" She yelped, before shuffling her way behind Baekhyun, who clutched the end of my chains tightly, hooked and wrapped around his hand a few times.

Saki's P.O.V

He frowned, before looking towards his companion, who was named Kris. He looked poker faced as he trailed after Sehun, his darker hair spiked up and it being shaved on the sides. Baekhyun sat on the log, his face twisted in silent bewilderment, also confusion violating  his eyes every once and a while. Sehun seemed to share his concern, before standing further behind him. I shifted my feet to and fro, before giving a silent cough. Kai seemed to sense my unease, before giving an impatient eye roll.

"What do we do now?" He demanded, tossing his arms up and letting them hit his sides.

"Obviously we aren't going to get help from either sides, for her." Taemin spoke up, before giving me a sinister half grin that seemed to climb up my spine.

"Shut up, nobody asked you." Baekhyun snapped, before giving a violent tug on the chain, making him give a silent hiss of pain.

"Wait, maybe he's right.." I whispered, before blinking my eyes once.

"What?" All four boys echoed, looking at me as if I grew another head. 

"I mean uh, if these people, or higher beings or whoever, isn't going to help us, maybe we can go back to the human realm? And see if any other Jeongsin knows anything?" I whispered, my voice and words tumbling out.

Silence.

"I don't think-" Baekhyun began with a shake of his head, before Kris's voice cut him off.

"She's right, maybe since there's so much going on, and everyone's aware of the up coming battle, maybe there has to be someone out there that knows what to do with her." Kris said, speaking up for the first time.

"I might know someone." Kai said, before resting his hand against the side of his face.

"Who?" Sehun said, his eyebrows furrowing together in ponder.

"Xiumin." He said, before exhaling for a long time.

"Wait a minute... I think I know him." I said, feeling complete horror suddenly spark inside my heart. I gave a violent gulp before feeling my body quiver.

He's my childhood friend. He didn't tell he was dead.