Chapter 2

Chasing Light In The Darkness

Saki's P.O.V

"Come on, concentrate." Kai grumbled from beside me.

"You know, you aren't helping me when you keep saying that every five seconds, Kai."

I had both hands held out in a 'stop' gesture. He had both of his hands on fire, the flames dancing around in circles along his fist; his skin unscathed and untouched. It outlined his beautiful features, his icy blue gaze having a more intense glare in them as he stared past them and upon me. The flames never moved nor came towards me. I gave a loud puff and realized I was holding my breath; I felt my breath ascend my bangs for a second. He sighed and flicked both wrists, the flames disappearing and turning into nothingness once more.

"So, fire isn't your power. I guess that's only mine." He shrugged his shoulders before relaxing against a log.

I've been trying to grasp this whole thing. It doesn't make any sense. But, I'm not in any pain like I was when I was.. Alive.. 

"Maybe you're wrong about me." I whispered before descending further away from him.

The ground was rough and scratchy against my thin hospital gown that was ragged and torn from our encounters with the flames as well as the light that actually almost shredded it off completely. It was early morning- and I have discovered that everything changes. This realm is like a huge clock. It looked like we was in an enchanted forest- streams flowing further away that sounded like music; as well as the sky being a icy and crisp blue with puffy white clouds passing over. I listened to the foreign noises around me silently.

The flowers of different shades and colors beneath me clinging to the bright blades of grass seemed cool and smooth against my skin, better then the night time of this world.

Baekhyun's P.O.V

"That stupid Jeongsin has her." I snapped, before facing my companion.

He was taller then me, and appeared to have piercing silver hair that was sprawled along his masculine face as well as pale gray, blue mixed eyes. He wore all white, his clothing appearing very formal. Even though, smoky and yet elegant black angel wings was resting firmly against his back, perched high above in a beautiful and swaying willow tree. He looked at me once he heard my voice, his hand resting on a silver dagger encrusted in transcript writing for other creatures that wondered around here. He scoffed and gave a silent curse, before tilting his head back against his shoulders.

"What are we going to do? Without her, we can't get into Paradise. It was our duty to protect her in the mortal world, and we lost sight of her. And now, Kai decides to take her under his wing for his own benefit." He growled, his voice like pure venom.

"Easy Sehun, I think you forget that is my  brother you are speaking ill about." I glared before rounding on him like lightning.

I ascended into the air like a bullet, my pure white wings catching the suns rays making them glow like freshly fallen snow. I spread them wide before flapping them once before soaring towards my companion. His eyes widened before I collided with him- he glared at me as the ground sped towards us. I swooped upwards and allowed him to hit the terrain, before flapping my huge wings to remain in counterbalance, my feet barely touching the ground. He glared at me through his silver bangs before I landed on him, slamming him on the ground. I pulled out my identical blade, before holding it to his neck. He gasped and twitched, his skin beginning to peel away and revealing flesh.

"You answer to me, remember? I'm the warlord of heaven."

Saki's P.O.V

"Where are we going again?" I groaned as I shuffled my feet against the ground in utter protest and allowed my body to twist and turn as my body objected to taking another step.

"We're going to take you to Paradise. I'm trying to figure out a way.. We have to have you kill some souls and just keep you alive." He said further ahead of me, like usual. 

I did the motion of him talking with my hand, opening and closing it while sticking out my tongue. He looked over his shoulder at swiftly,his icy gaze slicing through me. I smiled innocently before he suddenly stopped, making me face plant into his back. I opened my mouth to protest, my entire face aching and warm while my nose throbbed. I held my nose with my left hand, before he held a arm out in front of me and shushed me loudly, looking to the right and slightly back at me. I frowned and felt my eyes close yet glare into a stare at him. 

Silence.

I felt a chill pass through my body, and my mouth felt utterly dry. I ducked down a little before he suddenly jumped in the air like he had sudden flying abilities, before he collided into a silhouette of another person. They flew backwards, airborne for a few seconds before crashing onto the ground with a loud thud; dust flying up around them. I screamed Kai's name in alarm, afraid of loosing my guide and protector in this world. I felt suddenly really light and felt two warm hands wrap around my waist before screaming as the terrain sped away from me, and I was suddenly in full view of the sun and beginning view of some jagged mountains.

"Gotcha!" A voice yowled triumphantly above me, making me look up sharply.

He was a silver headed boy with beautiful complexion, and I gasped as it suddenly clicked in my head. It was those angel's or Cheonsa's Kai was talking about yesterday! Alarm filled my entire body; making me shake uncontrollably. I wiggled in his grasp, even though the thought of falling from this height seemed to haunt me. 

"Let go!" 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

"Come on my level and fight me, coward!" Kai screamed as he was a few feet below me; blood trickling down his face.

"Ah now Kai, is that anyway to talk to your brother?" I half taunted yet cooed in a baby voice.

I looked upwards as I saw Sehun flying with Saki, before she suddenly broke free from his grasp. He watched her drop, no remorse on his face as she screamed as she began to plummet downwards. I jumped upwards, before beginning to pick up speed as I skyrocketed upwards. I grunted as I felt someone jump onto my back; painfully pulling at my sensitive wings and feathers; to only see my brother. He smirked before applying his huge sword against my neck. It was a dark gray and jagged on the sides; with red markings down the middle and base forged in different scripts. I felt my body began to convulse against it; black veins appearing on my face.

In the reflection I could see my once pure blue eyes turn into full black ones; even though the original blue remained near the pupils. My fangs that was usually kept hidden jutted outwards; and I felt my scream turn into one more monstrous and haunting as it filled the sky. Before I could get a hit on him; Saki was in full view directly above us; before I gripped my silver and white blade around my waist; I gripped it before slicing it backwards towards Kai. I missed as he suddenly jumped off of me- colliding into Saki as he grabbed her before falling towards the sky. 

"Sehun! Get them!" I yowled as he suddenly sped towards me; a blur of black and light ashen gray.

I folded my wings back against my mid back before I suddenly soared down towards the earth rapidly.  I gripped the blade in my hand as the wind soared and slapped me in the face swiftly; making my eyes narrow slightly as the icy cold wind numbed my body to the core. 

Saki's P.O.V

I groaned as we both layed there stunned for a minute; before the world stopped spinning around me. I lifted my hand to my head and could feel the warmth of blood; before sure enough- red droplets appeared visible on my fingers. Kai was underneath me; his eyes barely opening before he finally came to. He frowned at me before shoving me off. I grunted as I was air born for a few minutes before landing first on the ground. I looked at him in confusion before his dirty blonde hair hung in his face; gripping his shoulder firmly.

"Enough games, give her to us." A voice said before there was the loud sound yet single motion of huge wings.

The boy behind me was still breath taking- his skin a utter white. His eyes was a piercing and icy blue like Kai's. His hair was messy yet swoopy; his black bangs falling across his eyes barely. He had a feminine look to him; and a piercing was latched along his lip that connected to his left ear; being a silver chain. His clothes consisted of mainly black; even though a huge blade and other small ones was strapped along his lower back; just below his beautiful and stunning white angel wings. 

"I'm Baekhyun, my lady." To my shock, he bowed his head before kneeling on one knee; his other tucked perfectly behind it. His fist rested on the ground beside him.

The boy next to him scoffed at me; looking me up and down. He has light ashen hair and more masculine figures;a scare above his right eyebrow. He rolled his light blue-gray eyes as Baekhyun glared heavily at him before clearing his throat. He joined in beside him; giving a curt 'my goddess', I blinked rapidly before gesturing to them to stand on their feet, before a look of bewilderment washed over their faces. Without warning, Baekhyun lunged straight at Kai who now had black blood leaking onto his hands.

"What did you do to her? I should just kill you twice; and banish you to no where."

Baekhyun's P.O.V

"No! Please; Stop!" Saki screamed before running up to me.

I didn't move my stance;  my silver blade placed firmly against my brother's neck. He screamed in anguish; as his skin began to rot away once more; his eyes glowing the same way mine always did. I felt the edges of my mouth twitch in pure amusement and desire; his body twitching and convulsing under me. Saki screamed in objection once more; before grabbing the pure silver handle; before there was the sound of her own skin beginning to sizzle; before she tossed it onto the ground; the sound of it scraping against the half-bare terrain.

"Come on Baekhyun, why don't we just kill this guy and take her?" Sehun seethed; a black mist starting to form around his entire body; his eyes turning a deep coal black all around; his tone lowering into a more sinister one. 

"She can't be killed. We have to bring her to the higher up." I said before walking to where my blade was tossed to.

Saki was breathing heavily and shaking; her back towards me. I sighed softly before kneeling down beside her; before observing her. She looked utterly terrified; her face tainted in red and warm and watery tears streamed down her face once I was in front of her. Her long black hair hid the right side of her face; and her eyes flicked across me. Her hand was scorched in the middle; the skin peeled away and a deep wound exposed. Sympathy flowed through me; and I gave a chuckle.

"This sword right here - it's used for creatures of your species."

"Creature? I'm a human! I don't know what you're talking about! I'm.. I'm alive! You guys.. I don't what you are.. I'm just dreaming!" She screamed; before pressing her hands over her ears. 

Kai shook his head before walking up behind us; still holding his injured shoulder. He didn't look phased or bothered; but he just peered through his dirty blonde bangs. Sehun laughed a little; before shaking his head and getting ready to lift his own blade.

Saki's P.O.V

This can't be real, please.. 

"You aren't dreaming. Soon, all of this will come back to you." Baekhyun announced before his brilliant white wings disappeared out of mid air; along with Sehun's black ones.

"What can the hierarchy even do?" Kai hissed through clenched teeth; and I could tell he hated them with a passion.

"You'd know if you wasn't kicked out." Sehun grumbled, before they both exchanged intense glares and mumbled towards each other. 

I felt my body tremble in fear and utter confusion; but they seemed understanding as they whispered to one another; an odd type of atmosphere passing towards them. Baekhyun gripped his silver blade that dripped with a black ooze that hissed as it touched the terrain. He bent down, kneeling on one knee with his back towards us. I heard the scraping of the metal against the rough ground as he remained focused. I gulped; even though my mouth felt utterly dry. I stood up slowly, craning my neck to see over him.

A bunch of foreign scribbles was encrypted around a odd tree looking engraving in the light brown dirt; but below it was a another one- as well as on on the left side horizontally. I jumped as he flipped it in his hand, before slicing it across his palm.  Red blood trickled down his arm; staining his once porcelain skin; smearing it as the stench of blood filled the air. He squeezed his hand tight; his knuckles turning white. The droplets fell onto it; before he handed the blade to Sehun who did the same thing.

I hugged myself to ease my trembling; before Sehun handed it to Kai hesitantly, the silver end of the pure white blade in his good hand, his left one. Kai frowned and rolled his eyes, before slicing his hand. The edges of his mouth twitched before the same black liquid trickled down onto the marking. I paused and felt my heart jump out of my chest as he faced me solemnly.

Baekhyun's P.O.V

"N-No." Saki held her hands up in surrender, staggering away from my brother. 

He insisted stubbornly, before grabbing her by the waist and slinging his arm across her chest. He stood behind her before grabbing her hand; before a silver liquid mixed with red trickled out. She squeaked loudly with a yelp of pain; tears appearing on the edges of her eyes. I watched her blood drop onto the mark of the Gates of Paradise. There was a sudden rumbling sound; before the ground began to crack underneath us; as it appeared to be coming alive.

Saki screamed before covering her ears, dropping to the ground with her eyes closed. I winced as I held up my hand, covering the light from my eyes as it got stronger and closer. I looked at the cracks that appeared underneath my black boots; the ground continuing to attempt to swallow us up hungrily. Soon, everything disappeared and I realized that my eyes was closed. Silence. I only heard the sound of my hitched and heightened breathing; feeling like I've been running for miles.

"Is everyone alright?" I questioned; a second later- my voice calm yet shaky.

"As I'll ever be." Kai appeared next to me; glaring as he looked around in disgust.

"Holy macaroni.." Saki breathed as she stood on her feet; her eyes wide and no longer cowering on the ground at our feet.

"You don't remember where you came from?" Sehun snickered as he looked her up and down.

When she was born; the goddess gave birth to a beautiful daughter. She was rumored to rule the heavens and hell; as well as all between. But- she ended up giving up her life and memory to save humanity for a battle. I am here to bring her rightfully back.

Around us was perfectly bronze tainted buildings and structures- like a empire all around us. We was in a clearing with multiple low hanging tree's and bustling plant life. White massive buildings made of fine concrete cascaded in the ever lasting pure blue sky; tainted in gold and other dapples of colors. Stars danced and fell from the sky; as it appeared to be flowing across it. Mountains was visible in the distance; speckled and dotted in snow and other plant life. 

Saki's P.O.V

"Don't tell me you're falling for the scenery." Kai whispered; leaning in towards me.

"I just feel..Connected to this place." I breathed; realizing I wasn't.

Baekhyun suddenly ascended into the sky; his pure white angel wings stretched out and looking more alive and together. Sehun joined beside him; their wings beating in symphony. I glanced at Kai in the corner of my vision- he had no wings. I screamed; making it echo around me as Baekhyun swooped me up in his huge and muscular arms. Sehun hesitantly looked at Kai; frowning in disgust as he reached his hand out- before treating it and opening his arms. Kai glared at him unamused.

"I always imagined Heaven being a place where there is cities on the clouds; as well as angel's in cloth. Where is my family at?" I whispered as we suddenly began to move; making me wrap my arms tightly around his neck.

"I am bringing you to them." He murmured before we suddenly picked up speed.

I listened to the sound of the drumming of his wings as the wind hit my face; not to hot or cold. It felt just right- and everything seemed to pass us in a never ending sea of color and blur. As I looked; I could see outlines and silhouettes of people of all shapes and sizes watching me and waving; their faint laughter and shrill screams echoing in my head; instead of in my ears.

Soon; we approached a chapel looking place. I gripped Baekhyun tighter as he sped up his pace on flying; before closing my eyes and burying my face in his chest as I swore we was going to hit the perfectly white stone wall. We swooped low before he suddenly dropped me onto a white- slated concrete ground. Huge and massive pillars arched up all around us; and there was no walls. I looked around; my footsteps echoing with every single step I took. Sehun followed in beside us.

"Where is Kai?" I questioned, looking around for him.

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Poor Kai. He was exiled from here; since he went against the rules and laws to attempt to save Taemin and Kris.Now he is banned forever between the Paradise and Hell. Forever hunted.

"He isn't allowed here. He isn't classified." I mumbled; not meeting her gaze.

"He's damned." Sehun cut in shortly after me, no remorse in his voice.

Before I could speak; there was another blinding white light; before the huge sound of thunder followed after. I grunted as I was knocked onto the ground- before feeling all of my power being away from me. The atmosphere was tense and made it hard to breathe; and I avoided looking directly at the white light. Saki was on her side- facing away from it with her eyes firmly closed; her ears covered like usual.

"Byun Baekhyun, Oh Sehun, what have you brought to me?" A loud voice boomed around me like thunder; shaking my chest.

"She's the lost goddess. I have rightfully returned her to you." I whimpered; my voice being drowned out.

Saki looked confused as she heard me speak- she couldn't and wasn't allowed to hear the voice. Not yet.

"You are in no position to do so. You are spoiling our plan. We need her power to take over - to remain in control and looked up to. Are you daring to go against me?' The voice got more louder and daunting.

Before I could answer; I felt pain explode in my entire body all at once. It made it hard to breathe- and I felt my chest struggle to grasp the air it desired. My skin began to crack and break; my veins turning black as a roar escaped me. Sehun screamed in agony beside me; before the same appearance happened. Saki was forced onto her feet; screaming our names as she flailed and was struggling to get down.

"I will make sure of that. You both are not to be trusted; you may turn against us. We did not command you to bring her; but since she is here; we will make her follow her destiny. The right path; for humanity." 

I screamed in agony once more as the pain increased; but this time near my back. I looked back as my wings began to wither away; the sound of bones breaking and cracking over powering my ears. Soon- there was nothing left. There was the sound of thunder again; before Saki screamed our names- along with Kai this time. 

Everything went black.