Killer Killed

I Swear

I should have realized this earlier. I had to meet Erich on the roof, at the same time as Cassy. So, I shouldn’t have been surprised when I saw them both on the roof talking to each other. It seemed that Cassy had already told him her plan. 

“We will follow Olivia. Every night on Thursday, at two o-clock, she goes to find another victim, at exactly two-thirty. Let’s just hope its not our siblings,” she said with a sigh.

“Why at two-thirty, and on Thursday?” Erich asked, coking up an eyebrow.

Cassy then hit him over the head. “Because at two-thirty on September the third, she killed a women named Natalie.”

That was my mothers name. I just realized, it had only been a week since I abandoned my father, it had only been three days since I had became a murderer, one week since Olivia killed my mother. My blood started to boil. “How about we kill Olivia!” I said frustrated. 

Cassy and Erich looked at me blinking, like I was a psychopath, maybe I was, I had turned into a killer. 

“No, were not gonna kill her, she is still in our gang,” Cassy said sighing heavily. 

So, we waited for about two hours. We sat by the front door in the corner of the room, praying Olivia was not smart enough to look over here. 

“So, the person Olivia murdered was your mother?” Cassy said trying to start up a conversation, she was probably bored of waiting for Olivia. 

“Yeah, she was only one who gave two s about me,” I said stiffening slightly. “My dad wasn’t always abusive,” I said shifting my position.

“My parents didn’t always ignoring me. They used to give me everything I wanted, then I turned thirteen, and my little sister Amber was born. They started to ignore me after that. Then she was killed, by Olivia. I could never forgive her.”

“Why did you join the gang then?” 

“Because, if I didn’t Bobby and I would be dead.”

“You sister must have a toddler when she was killed.” 

“Didn’t get the chance to be an adult,” she said and tears started to well in her eyes. 

“I will kill Olivia if she kills Lucy,” I said changing the subject. My hand clenched into a fist. 

“Same,” she said and started to twiddling her thumbs. 

That was when Olivia walked in. She looked wide awake, like she had been awake for hours. That was when I noticed something that made my heart sink. She had a knife pushed up her sleeve. Maybe she was going to go kill Bobby, or worse. Lucy. 

Cassy shot up when Olivia left the building. She ran after. “Damn it.” I heard Erich curse, shooting up as well, then chasing after her. I got up and ran after Erich, but I was a little too late. Damn was he fast. I had lost him. 

I don’t know how far I had gone, but I hadn’t found them. I went to a street intersect. “Cassy?” I heard Bobby’s voice, which sounded weak, say.

“Bobby!” I gasped out and looked around. He was hiding behind a dumpster. I ran to him and crouched down. He looked sick, and sounded sick. His voice was raspy and dry. I bent and down and picked him up bridle style. He snuggled close to me for warmth. I ran to the apartment building. 

I must have made some ruckus, because the minute I walked in, Baylee came running out with a gun in his hand. He sighed in relief when he saw me. “What are you doing?” He asked me.

“No time to explain,” I said and gave him Bobby. His eyes went wide, and he looked confused. I ran out of the building. 

If I had found Bobby, then I could find Lucy. I ran back to where I was before. Then my heart sank. I couldn’t believe what I had saw. I had just gotten to the street. I hid behind a building and watched.

Cassy and Olivia were fighting. 

“Where is he?” She demanded.

“I told you I left him right here, now he is gone,” Olivia answered.

“He probably ran away! I trusted you Olivia! Now he is going to be dead!” She said throwing her arms in the air, and turned around sighing in frustration.

Olivia looked really pissed off. She also looked stressed out. “He is not the only one who is going to be dead!” She shouted at at her then pulled out a knife and ran up behind her, and stabbed her in the back.

Cassy let out gasp, and staggered forward. She collapsed to her hands and knees. She coughed out blood. She fell over and started to gasp for air. I ran out. “Olivia! What have you done?” I asked completely freaked out.

She did not answer, but she took off running. I ran over to Cassy. 

“Follow,” she gasped out to me. 

I had no clue what that meant, till it hit me like a rock. I could find Lucy if I followed Olivia, but I couldn’t leave Cassy to die. 

Right when I thought that, Cassy’s eyes clouded over. Her chest was moving up and down to show she was breathing. I got up in rage, and ran the way Olivia had gone. 

I ran for a good five minutes, before I ran right into Erich. I mean I literally ran into him. He caught me easily. 

“Hey! Did you find them?” He asked.

“Cassy is dead!” I blurted out.

His widened. “Who killed her?” He asked.

“Olivia is dead!” I said breathing heavily, I started to bite at my nails again.

“Your joking...did you find them?” He asked in complete panic.

“I found Bobby, not Lucy. What if we can’t find her?” I asked still breathing heavily. 

Erich looked over at the direction Olivia went. “Stay here,” he said touching my shoulder, then going to run, but I caught his wrist. 

“She is my sister, I have to go find her!” I said and pushed him aside then running as fast as I could. 

He called my name multiple times, telling me to come back. I ignored him and continued to run. Olivia had to be around here somewhere. I think I ran for a good seven miles, when I hit a highway intersect. It had started to poor rain. I saw Olivia on the ground catching her breath. She had been running from me. 

“Olivia! I’m not going to hurt you! Just give me Lucy,” I said panting. She froze when she heard my voice. She turned around.

“I can’t! I don’t have her!” She shouted back at me. She started to back away, thinking I would attack. I ran up to her. 

“Who has her!” I shouted at her over the rain and highway. 

“Please stay away!” She shouted. She fell into the road. I went to help her up, despite the truck coming. “Leave me!” She shouted. “I’m a murderer, I deserve to die!” She shouted at me. The car was getting closer. 

“I am too- ' I was pushed out of the road, then I heard Olivia scream. There was a loud screech on the road. I got up quickly and looked around. Olivia was lying in the road. This caused a traffic jam. Olivia had blood on her face and her stomach. I ran over to her.

She was taking quivering breaths. 

“Olivia! It is going to be okay!” I shouted at her as I stopped and kneeled before her. I looked around everyone was just looking. The man who ran her over stood there in fear. “Well! Are you going to call 911 or stand there not doing jack !” I shouted at him. I started to cry.

“The apartment building, its on fire...Lucy,” Olivia gasped out. I looked behind me, there was smoke rising in the night sky. 

“Olivia did you do that?” I asked, I already knew the answer. I shot up and ran as fast as I could to the building, thinking in my head; Lucy I swear I will save you.