Truth

I Swear

I couldn’t believe that Erich was gonna help me get outside. I wondered if he cared about Lucy as well. I didn’t care I was going to find her, even if I was about to die. 

The plan was to leave at two o-clock at night, hoping Olivia would be asleep then. We would go outside and split up, and search for Lucy, then at three o-clock, we would meet back at the apartment building, hoping we would find Lucy by then. 

“What would we do if we don’t find her by then?” I asked Erich as we smoked cigarettes. 

“We search for another hour,” he answered mischievously. He acted like all of this was nothing, like he had done it before. 

“And if we don’t find her then?” 

“We keep searching, and every hour we will meet, till we find her,” he said, and took a long drag on his cigarette. After about five minutes of silence, he said this: “I swear we will find her, everything will be okay.” He then put his right arm across my shoulders, and squeezed my left shoulder. He then put his cigarette his out, and got up and went back inside. 

I sighed heavily. Was I really willing to risk being caught by police, thrown in jail, and possibly executed? Hell yes! Anything for my sister, but was I willing to have that all happen to me, just to not find her, or find her dead. 

“,” I muttered, when I accidentally dropped my cigarette, then it hit me, I was crying. A tear dropped on my cigarette. I sighed and stomped on it. 

I went inside to see Cassy pacing back and forth, chewing on her nails. She was crying. I sniffed and wiped away the last on my tears. I walked over to her, and asked what was wrong.

“Bobby! I can’t find him!” She said and chewed on her nails more. “What am I going to do? Olivia won’t let me out!” 

That was strange. Cassy hadn’t broken the law like I had, why wouldn’t Olivia let her out. She was old enough to protect herself. “Why not?” I asked, my voice sounding a bit like it didn’t matter if she went out or not.

“She said it was too dangerous, what the hell is that supposed to mean,” she said completely frustrated.

“I don’t know, but Olivia is acting strange, ever since I murdered that one guy,” I said grabbing my chin looking down. 

Cassy just let out a frustrated scream and stormed out of the room, but I heard her mutter under her breath, “I knew she would pull something off like this.” I blinked slightly, inhaled and left the room.

 

 

The day went kind of slow. I didn’t see Olivia at all. I asked Baylee where she was. He said she was hiding out in her room. When I asked why, he just said he needed a smoke and left. 

I mean I like Olivia, but she was acting weird. I had no clue what was wrong with her, but I felt determined to find out. Maybe she was hiding something. 

I decided to head into her old bedroom. When I murdered that guy, we changed rooms, and moved me into Baylee’s old room. It was farther back in the apartment building. Olivia’s old room was now Cassy and Bobby’s. 

I walked in expecting to see Cassy. I didn’t, which was good. I started to look around for something that could tell me a little more about Olivia, something that could tell me the truth. 

About five minutes of digging through stuff I was about to give up, when I saw what look to be a newspaper stuck in between the wall and the floor. It took some effort but I finally got it out. 

 

 

Young Runaway murderer

 

Olivia Dawn, a runaway child was found. She came into the hospital at 3:00 a.m. Her right eye was destroyed. She had to had to have it removed, replaced with a plastic eye. She was sent home after her surgery. 

Her sister, Brianna Dawn, was found murdered the next day. Police found a knife next to the corpse. After about three weeks, police found Olivia’s DNA on the weapon. They went to her house and found her mother and father, Rebecca Dawn, Damien Dawn, murdered. Olivia was nowhere to be found. 

They believe that she had ran away again, and murdered her parents. They are now on the search for her. She has black hair, and is sixteen years old. If you see her, please contact the police. 

 

    

 

I stuttered as I read this. Olivia was a murderer too, but she said a different person murdered her sister. Why would she lie? Why would she kill, when she said, she swore to protect her sister?

“You know it is quite rude to be in someone’s room without permission?” Said Cassy from behind me. 

I had nearly jumped so hard. I quickly shot up leaving the paper on the ground. “I…umm…”

“Well, …you saw the paper,” she said a tad happier than I had expected. 

“Why do you seem so happy about that?” I asked, my body shaking so bad. 

“I knew that you were in my room, you walked right pass me,” she said leaning against the doorway, smirking. 

“I’m sorry,” I said. 

“You do know who kidnapped our siblings, right?” She asked me, cocking an eyebrow up, still managing a smirk.

“No.”

“Its Olivia! She has been the serial killer in this town. She murdered her sister at exactly two-thirty a.m., she is now killing people at that time!” 

“But why did she murder her sister?”

Cassy shrugged. “I don’t really know, she always loved Bri.” 

“We have to find out where she put Lucy and Bobby, before they are hurt!” I exclaimed. I should have said that earlier. 

“What do you think I have been doing?” She said crossing her arms sighing frustrated. “I have the least Idea of where Olivia put them. She is a smart killer,” she said shrugging. 

I sighed heavily. “Maybe we should try to pry it out of her?” 

“Wouldn’t work, Baylee or Anne would stop us. They are still on her side, don’t know about this. Erich has no clue what to do, he ran away from home for something so little,” she really seemed to hate Erich. “I would do anything to be in his shoes!” She growled. 

I shifted my weight to one leg awkwardly. 

“I know you have a crush on him but still he can be a bit annoying.” She then glanced up at me. I was blushing heavily. 

“I don’t have a crush on him!” I said trying to defend myself.

She snickered softly. “Listen tonight meet me on the roof okay? I have a plan, but I can’t say it around here, someone might be listening, I just can’t risk it,” she sighed softly and rubbed her left shoulder uncomfortably. “Please leave my room,” she said stepping aside. I left the room. 

I thought about the newspaper I read. Olivia is a serial killer? She killed the one person she loved. The one person who loved her back. It just doesn’t make any sense. Why would she want to hurt innocent people? People who did nothing to her. It made me wonder how she killed her victims. 

I walked to the roof and found Olivia sitting there watching the sun set. The last time I saw my sister, we were watching the sun rise. I walked up to her and sat down next to her. 

“So, did Baylee have any luck at finding Lucy or Bobby?” I asked her.

“Mind your own business,” she said lowly. She was acting stranger than before. I really hopped she hadn’t heard our conversation, if so, then I’m screwed. Possibly dead.