Chapter 1

Medium

No POV

Beep. Beep. Beep. The numbers count down on the crosswalk light. A female ran across as fast as she could as the number reaches zero; however, a gust of wind blew her papers out of her hands and onto the streets. Passerby ignores her and refuses to help continuing on their way to their own destination.

"Let me help you." A male said helping her pick up her papers. "You do architecture? How nice. Um." The male reach out to her.

"Don't touch me." She said snatching the papers out of his hands and walks off.

"Rude. And even after I helped her."

"Namjoon!" Another male's voice yells out. The said male turns towards the caller. "We have to hurry to the scene."

"Coming." He yells following the other two male.

********************************************

Wheeew. Wheeew. Wheeew. The ambulance sirens blares in the dark night.

"Hurry. Pull him out!" The EMT order pulling out the gurney, which held a bleeding male patient, with the help of the nurses. The nurses rush the male patient into the hospital.

"Jieun, call Doctor Seokjin. We need his orders." One nurse orders her while pumping air into the patient using the Bag Valve Mask (BVM).

"Doctor Seokjin is in surgery right now." Jieun quickly replies.

"What about-"

"Doctor Areum!" Jieun cut the other nurse off. "We were just about to look for you. This patient is losing a lot of blood."

"Take him to operation room (OR) 3." Areum shouts. "Quickly!"

"Yes!" The nurses scramble to get the patient to the OR.

"Jieun! Go get blood from the lab. We'll be doing a blood transfusion."

"Ok." Jieun scurry towards the lab.

Areum runs to her office to change her clothes for operation. She proceed towards the OR and enters, washing her hands, before gloving and entering to where the patient is.

"Vitals?"

"Blood Pressure (BP):100/68. Respiration: 32. SpO2: 78 and dropping." One nurse state.

"Situation?"

"Stab wound. 3 1/2 inch deep."

"We should close the wound first then. Needle." One nurse hands Areum the needle with the synthetic suture thread. Areum sew the wound together.

"Doctor Areum, the patient's vitals are decreasing!" One nurse shout.

"Where's Jieun! Where's the blood!" Areum ask.

A nurse bursts through the second level of the OR. "The lab is having trouble!" She huffs through the microphone which connects to the lower level.

"What's wrong?!" Areum shout.

"A janitor accidentally knocked down some bags of blood. The lab is under lockdown for contamination."

"You've got to be kidding me!" Areum growl.

"We're losing him!" A nurse shout. Beeeeeeeeep. The heart monitor turns into a flatline. Areum look to the side, and there he is, the patient's spirit looking down at his unmoving body.

"Defibrillator!" Areum shouts. A nurse hands Areum the defibrillator pads and apply the gel. "120 joules! Charge!" Beeeeeeeeeep. "200 joules! Charge!" Beeeeeeeeep. "300 joules! Charge!" Beeeeeeeeeeep. "360 joules! Charge!" Beeeeeeeeeep.

"I'm here with the blood!" Jieun bursts through the operating doors.

One nurse shook her head. "Too late. We lost him."

Areum threw the defibrillator pads onto the table frustration evident on her face as she walk out in silence.

********************************************

"Areum!" A voice shout out to Areum who just left her office and is heading towards the cafeteria.

"Oh. Jungkook!"

Jungkook ran up to Areum and pulled her into a hug. "I missed you, but before I talk about how much I miss you, we should talk about the autopsy."

Areum pushes Jungkook away. "Stop that. You're giving people wrong ideas." Areum walks away.

"Yah, that man is handsome! Is he Doctor Aruem's boyfriend?" Nurse 1 whispers.

"No. Thats Jeon Jungkook. Doctor Areum's younger twin brother." Nurse 2 whispers back.

Jungkook overhears the two nurse talking and smirks. "Oh, darling! Wait for me!" Jungkook calls out and chases after Areum.

Jungkook POV

"Stop doing that." Areum said as we walk into the hospital cafeteria.

"Oh! I'm doing that so unworthy men won't hit on my flaming hot older twin sister." I laugh. Areum rolls her eyes at my statement. "So? How did the autopsy go?"

"What about you? What did you and your group sniff out?"

"Don't make me sound like a dog. I'm a cop. A cop!" I said pointing to myself.

"Alright. What information did you receive oh almighty cop." Areum mocks me.

"From what Namjoon, Taehyung and I gathered, the culprit and the victim was having an affair. The culprit's husband died a couple of days ago, but we still don't know the cause. We're waiting on the autopsy but you never gave me the report."

"Because I didn't do the autopsy. Seokjin oppa did."

"Jin hyung did?" I gasp. "He didn't give us a report."

"Because I don't know the cause yet." Seokjin said and sit next to me. "Well, I do, but I'm not so sure. I find it a bit weird."

"Weird? How?" I ask.

"The husband died from overdose on drugs; however, he's a really nice person who has never done anything bad before. He has a completely clean criminal record and suddenly he died from drug use. No signs of brute force or struggling."

"Hm? That is weird." Areum nod in agreement.

"What's even weirder is that, the culprit stabbed the person who she had an affair with." I add. "I don't understand. Why would she do that?"

I know why. I looked at Areum. She was possessed. By-

"Why are you two staring at each other in silence?" Jin hyung asks.

"Ah. It's nothing." I shook my head. We'll talk later. Areum nods.

"I should be getting back to work." Areum said while standing up. "Take your time." She said to me and walks off.

"What would I do if you're not here with me." I mumble.

"What about me?" Jin hit the back of my head.

I rub my head where Jin hyung hit me. "I should also be heading back to work." I said and walk out.

********************************************

"Yo, you went to see your sister? Without me?" Tae-hyung asks.

I roll my eyes. "Stop being so obvious."

"Hey, nothing wrong with being honest."

"Stop arguing. We need to work on the case." Namjoon hyung interrupts our conversation. We both turn our attention to him. "We have to solve this. Why would the culprit stab the person she is having an affair with?" I open my mouth.

"Cause she was possessed." Tae-hyung said before I was able to utter a single word.

"Possessed?" Namjoon hyung deadpan. Taehyung nods eagerly. "Right. What do you think Jungkook?"

"I actually think that what Tae-hyung said is a possibility." I shrug.

"You've got to be kidding me. The culprit is possessed?" I nod. "By what?"

"A ghost." Tae-hyung and I chorus.

"Ok. I expect this from Taehyung, but not you Jungkook. I can't believe you're going along with this idiotic idea of Taehyung's."

"Hey! It's not idiotic! It's true!" Tae-hyung defends himself.

"There's no logic in your reasoning, and it can't be scientifically proven."

"How do you prove a religion scientifically? I don't think that's possible." I state.

"Exactly." Namjoon said.

"But it's true. Jungkook tell him."

"Tell him what?" I ask.

"About Areum."

"What? No way!" I shake my head.

"He wants proof; I'll give him proof! Let's go!" Tae-hyung grabs Namjoon hyung's hand and drags him towards the exit.

"Woah! Where are we going?" Namjoon hyung ask.

"To find your proof!" Tae-hyung shouts and continues to pull Namjoon hyung away.

"Hey, wait for me!" I yell running after them.

Namjoon POV

Taehyung pulls me into a hospital and towards their cafeteria. After buying a fruit smoothie he pulls me out and continues the journey. We walk down the white corridors and stop in front of a room which read: Jeon Areum, Surgeon. Jungkook knocks on the door with a certain pattern and opens without receiving a reply. The lady sitting in her swivel chair turns toward us.

"So, you're here again because?" She asks.

"My friends are crazy." Jungkook replies. "Anyways, this is Captain Kim Namjoon, my partner, and of course you already know Captain Kim Taehyung, my other partner."

She wore black scrubs with a white coat on top and white fabric gloves. Weird.

"Namjoon, this is my older twin sister, Areum."

"Oh my gosh. I didn't know you have a sister. A twin at that. And we've been friends for how long?"

"Seven years, and now you know."

"Sorry for my rudeness. I'm Kim Namjoon." I held out my hand. She took my hand in her gloved ones.

"It's ok." She chuckles. "I don't expect Jungkook to go around telling everyone he has an older twin sister. I don't tell people I have a twin either."

Jungkook POV

"Uh, I bought you your favorite fruit smoothie Areum." Tae-hyung hands Areum noona the drink.

"Thank you." She smiles letting go of Namjoon hyung's hand and taking the drink.

Smiling like that, are you trying to get him to like you?

I'm not-

Don't even try. He already likes you.

Jungkook-

Seriously, stop playing around with Tae-hyung. He's very pure y'know. Stop seducing my friend.

"Shut up."

"I didn't say anything." Namjoon replies to Aruem.

"Ah-"

I chuckle. "My sister works long hours. Sometimes work is too much and she turns crazy like this."

"What are you doing here anyways?" She huffs annoyed.

"We're here about the case." Tae-hyung told her. "Namjoon here doesn't believe that the culprit was possessed by a ghost."

Areum sighs. "Jungkook, just because I'm your older sister does not mean you should come to me immediately for help about ghosts. The one you should go to, is her."

"Ah! Her~" Taehyung and I chorus.

"Her? Who's her?"

----------------------------------------------------

Why do I keep writing new BTS stories when I have yet to finish my other ones?

Characters so far: 

Jeon Areum (OC)

•Surgeon

•Jungkook's Older Twin Sister

 

Jeon Jungkook

•Police officer

•Status: Captain

•Partners: Namjoon & Taehyung

 

Kim Taehyung

•Police officer

•Status: Captain

•Partners: Namjoon and Jungkook

•In love with Areum

 

Kim Namjoon

•Police officer

•Status: Captain

•Partners: Jungkook & Taehyung

 

Kim Seokjin

•Surgeon

•Areum's Coworker

•Namjoon, Taehyung & Jungkook's friend