chapter 4

I did it for you

"But why?"

"I d-don't know."

"Let's go to France tomorrow morning."

"O-okay."

"Don't worry, Kyungwon will be alright. She is tough." Yebin said while gently rubbing Minkyung's back. Minkyung only nodded her head and continued to cry.

Yebin and Minkyung were now at the airport, preparing to go to France just like Yebin promised. Minkyung was sobbing all the time and Yebin can only comfort her by patting her back.

"Kyungwon-ah, you better be safe." Yebin thought and prayed hard for that friend of his.  They rushed to the hospital when they reached France. Minkyung had got the name of the hospital from Nayoung. When they reached the hospital, they saw the others were sitting on the chair.

"Nayoung, how's Kyungwon?" Minkyung quickly rushed to Nayoung.

'I don't know." Nayoung looked at Minkyung with that red eyes of her.

"Yebin? hi." Xiyeon greeted.

"How is Kyungwon?"Yebin asked.

"We don't know. The doctor is checking her." Xiyeon smiled bitterly.

"The doctor had been running all kind of checkup on Kyungwon unnie for this two days," Kyla explained. Suddenly they saw the doctor walked out from the room.

"How's my friend?" Pinky asked.

"I had to say that Ms. Kang brain's cancerous tumor worsen and the only way to remove it is through operation but sadly she refused last time and no matter how we convince her she still remained her answer. Now I need to do my job now. You guys can go in." The doctor walked away. The others rushed into the room and saw Kyungwon lying at there lifelessly.

"Hey~" Nayoung sat beside Kyungwon and hold Kyungwon's hand.

'Kyungwon-ah, why did you refuse the operation?" Pinky asked but sadly there was no response from Kyungwon. Minkyung couldn't bear it and walked out from the room. Xiyeon saw it and followed Minkyung.

'Minkyung, are you alright?"

"Xiyeon-"

"Minkyung, I think I need to tell you something."Xiyeon sat beside Minkyung.

"What?"

"Do you remeber two years ago when Kyungwon dumped you?"

"Y-yeah."

"Actually this is what happened that time." Xiyeon started to tell Minkyung.

Flashback

"Kyungwon, are you serious?"Xiyeon stood up and looked at Kyungwon with shock.

"I am. Does this look like a joking matter?" Kyungwon rolled her eyes on Xiyeon.

"Ddiddi, what's wrong?" Eunwoo walked out from the kitchen.

"Nunu-ah, Kyungwon said that the doctor told her there's a tumor in her brain and it's cancerous."

"WHAT?!"

"Oh god, Nunu, you are going to make me deaf any second now."

"Kyungwon-ah! What are you going to do?" Eunwoo asked.

"I d-don't know." Kyungwon just stood up and walked away.

The next day they found out Kyungwon was now facing Minkyung in the school garden and Minkyung was crying. Xiyeon and Eunwoo heard the whole conversation and they couldn't believe Kyungwon was letting go of Minkyung.  Xiyeon quickly followed Kyungwon while Eunwoo was left to look after Minkyung.

"Kyungwon, where are you?" Xiyeon mumbled but soon found Kyungwon at the rooftop. Kyungwon was curling into a ball, the sobbing sound could be heard. Xiyeon walked closer.

"Kyungwon, why did you do that?"

"Ddiddi, I love her. That's why I'm letting her go.because I'm going to die. I can't stay with her forever."

"But you are breaking her heart."

"At least she will hate me instead of cry over me when I'm dead. I am okay with it as long as she remembers me."

"But she will hate you and find another person."

"She deserves to find someone better than me. Someone that is healthy and not having brain cancer!"

'But KYung-"

"Xiyeon, I had made up my mind Lets go home." Kyungwon stood up but soon fell down.

'Kyungwon, your nose is bleeding." Xiyeon said. Kyungwon just wiped her nose.

"It's okay. Its one of the symptom. Let's go." Kyungwon walked away and as the day passed by Xiyeon and eunwoo saw Kyungwon was getting thinner and paler. Until one day where they received notification of Minkyung getting married. That day Kyungwon locked herself in the room for the whole day and whole night, not bothering to eat or talk. Xiyeon and eunwoo decided to stay for the night to support Kyungwon.

"Kyungwon?" Xiyeon opened the door and saw Kyungwon was lying on the bed, sleeping but crying,

"I'm sorry. I love you, Minky." Kyungwon said while tears keep flowing down. Xiyeon sighed and wiped away the tears.

"Kyungwon-ah, why are you doing this? You hurt her and you hurt yourself." Xiyeon mumbled. On the day of Minkyung's wedding, Kyungwon was on her way to the airport.

"Kyungwon-ah, are you sure you not attending her wedding?" Xiyeon asked and Kyungwon shook her head.

' I can't face her. Not after what I had done to her."

"You still can crash the wedding. Nunu said Minkyung still love you."

"Better not. It's better for her to find a guy instead of me. Besides she hates me now. At least when she knows I'm not around anymore, she won't shed a tear but she still remembers me. Heh! How pathetic am I?" Kyungwon said. Xiyeon only sighed.

"Ddi, please help me look after her," Kyungwon said before got off the car. Xiyeon just sighed as she saw her best friend walking into the airport.

Flashback end

"So that's why she said those harsh word to you," Xiyeon explained.

'K-Kyungwon." Minkyung covered and started to cry.

"Minkyung, I am sorry." Xiyeon stood up and walked into the room, leaving Minkyung behind.

"Kyungwon, why, why did you do this?" Minkyung thought as her tears streaming down.

"MInkyung, Kyungwon is awake now!" Yebin called out for Minkyung. Minkyung quickly rushed into the room, saw Kyungwon was smiling at them weakly.

"Unnie!"

"S-sorry *cough* Nayoung."

"Don't force yourself, unnie." Nayoung quickly rubbed Kyungwon's back.

"I'm sorry for letting you guys worry." Kyungwon smiled weakly.

"Kyungwon, just do the operation," Xiyeon said.

"Sorry, Ddiddi. but No."

'Why?" eunwoo asked.

'It's useless."

"Why do you say so?" eunwoo asked.

"The percentage of success of the operation is only 30% which means I might die. Even if I didn't undergo the operation, I still able to stay alive for three more months."

"But."

"Nayoung, just respect my decision."

"Kyungwon, do the operation." Kyungwon was taken aback by Minkyung.

 "Kyungwon, do the operation." Kyungwon was taken aback and saw Minkyung who was standing at the door.

"M-Minkyung, what are you doing here? Yebin too." Kyungwon stuttered.

"We came here when we heard that you're in a hospital," Yebin said and Kyungwon glared at her younger sister.

'Don't blame her. I'm the one that forces Nayoung to tell me." Minkyung now walked closer to Kyungwon.

'Don't come near me. You're happy with Yebin, so j-just l-leave me alone." Kyungwon's voice cracked.

"Argh, why am I crying? I'm the one that hurt her. Stupid Kyungwon!" Kyungwon thought.

"K-Kyungwon." Minkyung called out but found out Kyungwon had curled into a ball.

"Kyungwon, stop being like this." Xiyeon scolded but Kyungwon still remained in her position.

"You guys go out for awhile. I will have a talk with Kyungwon." eunwoo whispered. Everyone nodded their head and walked out.

"Kyungwon, it's only me, eunwoo." eunwoo sat on the edge of the bed.

"E-eunwoo." Kyungwon lifted her head up.

"Omo. Come here, let me wipe your tears." eunwoo said and gently wiped off Kyungwon's tears as if Kyungwon was her daughter.

"Eunwoo , why is this happening?"

"What do you mean?"

"I really love her but I know pretty well that I couldn't give her happiness like Yebin. So I'm letting her fo but w-why, why it turn out like this?"

"Kyungwon-ah, why d-don't you just do the operation?"

"It's useless, eunwoo. I won't be able to survive."

"Why?"

"Seems that the doctor didn't tell you guys about this. The tumor was located on one of my main blood vessels and to take it out, it would be dangerous."

"But there's still 30% of success."

"eunwoo-ah, today is 30%, as long as I'm not accepting any treatment, the percentage of success will reduce, from 30 to 20, 20 to 10 and lastly to 0."

"Then you need to accept it now."

"I d-don't know."

"Kyungwon, I know you might hate me for this but I'm calling Minkyung in so that she could talk to you." eunwoo stood up and turned around but Kyungwon grabbed her wrist.

'Don't. N-not h-her, please." Kyungwon begged.

"Kyungwon, is for your own good." Eunwoo pulled her wrist away and walked out from the room. Kyungwon only stared blankly at the door. After while the door opened and it revealed Minkyung. Just now Kyungwon didn't look at Minkyung but now she noticed that Minkyung's eyes were red and puffy. Minkyung slowly walked toward the bed and sat beside of the bed.

"Kyungwon, I-"

"Are you happy with Yebin?" Kyungwon sudden question surprised Minkyung.

"He treats me good and he is gentle but-"

"That's good."

"But the only one in my heart is you, Kyungwon. For this whole two years, I never had with oppa." Minkyung said.

"Stop joking, You guys are married."

"I'm not. Although you hurt me so much, but I-"

"You love Yebin."

"I'm not. Kyungwon I-"

"Just admit you love Yebin. That's why you marry him."

"Kang Kyungwon! Stop cutting me off! Listen to what I going to say. First, the marriage between me and Yebin are just arranged by our parent and that time you left me! Second, Yebin is going to divorce me."

"Minkyung, it's not funny."

"It's not a joke. Aish! Since when you become so stupid?" Minkyung rolled her eyes on Kyungwon.

"S-stop doing this to me. I hurt you."

"I know but I still love you. Kyungwon-ah, I really still love you."

"Minkyung, go back to Yebin, tell him that you are not going to divorce. D-don't come back to me. I might hurt you again."

"No, I won't go back!"

"Minkyung-" Kyungwon was being cut off by a sudden kiss from Minkyung on her lips.

"Stupid! I really love you so don't push me away from you anymore."

"But-"

"I heard everything from Xiyeon and eunwoo. You are the only one who could give me happiness. Only you, Kang Kyungwon!" Minkyung started pouring out her tears that she tried to hold back just now.

"What about-"

"Yebin  said he would take care of our family side so please don't push me away from you anymore." Minkyung's voice cracked. Kyungwon just pulled Minkyung into her embrace.

"Minky, I love you," Kyungwon whispered into Minkyung's ears.

"I love you too. Yuyu-ah, please just do the operation."

"I don't want. I might die in the operation but if I don't do it, I might still able to spend three more months with you."

"But there's still a possibility for it to success. Yuyu-ah~, please. I'm begging you." Minkyung cried. Kyungwon lifted Minkyung's head up and gently caressed Minkyung's face and wiping the older girl's tears with her thumbs.

"But-"

"Yuyu-ah~, please," Minkyung said and pouted.

"Aigoo, you know I can't resist your pout. O...okay. I will do the operation." Kyungwon sighed as she pulled Minkyung into her embrace again.

"I love you and don't you forget that," Kyungwon whispered. Minkyung nodded her head.

At the outside of the room, the others saw Kyungwon was hugging Minkyung.

'I'm glad they finally able to be together." Yebin said in relief.

"Huh? You are Minkyung's wife and you said that?" Pinky looked at Yebin.

"Oh, our marriage is because of our parent. I don't love her anyway. She doesn't love me either. Although she kept saying she hate Kyungwon for the past two years but I know that somewhere in her heart, she still loves Kyungwon."

"Aren't you hurt or sad?" Sungyeon asked.

'Me? Nah, I love other people too. I'm going to divorce with Minkyung anyway."

"Who is the lucky girl?" Nayoung asked.

"Well, it's Soyeon." Yebin blushed.

'OH MY GOD!"

"Nunu, this is hospital so stop shouting," Pinky said and all of them laughed. They soon looked at the couple who was hugging each other.

"I hope Kyungwon changed her mind." Pinky sighed.

'Don't worry. Kyungwon will definitely change her mind." Sungyeon said while patted her back.

The next day, Kyungwon told the doctor that she was going to do the operation. The doctor nodded his head and told Kyungwon that her operation will be held after three days. Minkyung was staying by Kyungwon's side after she signed the divorce letter. They spent every moment of their life hugging each other and talking sweetly to each other. As time flew, today was the day before Kyungwon's operation. Kyungwon was staring at Minkyung's sleeping face. She giggled as she gently brushed off the hair on her lover's face but these had caused the sleeping beauty to wake up.

"K-Kyungwon, what are you doing?"

"Nothing, just observing your sleeping face."

"Yah! Do you want to drink something?" Minkyung stood up and poured a glass of water to Kyungwon. Kyungwon drank it and suddenly pulled Minkyung toward her after Minkyung put down the glass.

'Yah!" Minkyung gently hit Kyungwon's chest.

"I just want to hug you for the one last time."

"You still able to hug me after you finish your operation."

"Minky, I'm scared." Kyungwon trembling in fear.

"Don't be. I'm here with you."

"W-what if I-"

"Shh, be optimistic."

"Minky, thanks for everything."

"I know and I'm waiting for you to repay me."

"Minky, I love you."

"I know. I love you too."

"Promise me that you are going to move on if I if I di-didn't make it."

"You will make it. You are my Kang Yuyu-ah~ and no one can replace you." Minkyung said as she began to cry.

"Shh, don't cry. Seeing you cry to make my heart ache." Kyungwon hugged Minkyung tightly but suddenly Kyungwon kept coughing.

"Yuyu-ah! Are you alright? Do you need me to call for help?" Minkyung began to stoop up but being pulled back by Kyungwon.

'It's okay, *cough* Stay with me." Kyungwon coughed.

"I'm going to ask for help, Kyungwon. You are coughing out blood."

"It's fine *cough*. Don't go. Stay with me."

"I...alright. But if you kept on coughing, I am going to find the doctor." Minkyung said. Kyungwon coughed for a while and stopped.

"I just want to hug you and be like this with you before anything happen," Kyungwon whispered.

"You will be alright, Yuyu-ah~. Trust me. I won't let you go that easily, not after what you had done to me." Minkyung glared at Kyungwon. Kyungwon just smiled and leaned in to kiss Minkyung. Minkyung returned the kiss and the couple shared their last kiss passionately.

Finally, its the day for Kyungwon's operation. Minkyung was now standing beside Kyungwon.

"Kyungwon, you will be alright. I will be waiting for you." Minkyung said and Kyungwon nodded her head weakly. It hurt Minkyung badly when she saw her lover was getting paler and thinner, she rather is the one who suffered all this.

"Ms. Minkyung, we are here to help Ms. Kang to prepare for her operation." a few nurses walked in. Minkyung nodded her head and hold Kyungwon's hand for the last time.

"You better be back. I will be waiting for you." Minkyung said while glaring at Kyungwon playfully.

"I w-will,  r-remember t-take a l-letter fr-from E-Eunwoo." Kyungwon tried her best to say the few words.

"I will. I will be waiting outside." Minkyung said as she slowly walked out to the room, not forgetting to turn back and looked at Kyungwon. Kyungwon was just smiling at her weakly when the nurse put on the oxygen mask for her and began to do all the preparation. After that, Kyungwon was then sent to the operation room where Minkyung was waiting outside.

"Minkyung, how is Kyungwon?" eunwoo and Xiyeon sat beside Minkyung.

"She is in there, still undergoing the operation but I did saw a few nurses running out and in, bringing some blood pack. Nunu, I'm scared." Minkyung cried.

'Shh, Kyungwon will be alright. She know that you are waiting for her, right?" Eunwoo gently patted Minkyung's back. Xiyeon then handed a letter to Minkyung.

"Kyungwon gave this to me two days ago when you are not around," Xiyeon said. Minkyung nodded and opened the letter.

Dear Minky-baby,

Ah, it's been a long time I call you that and I certainly miss it so much. I am sorry that I hurt you so much during the past and I was very happy when you say you still love me. I don't know what to say but I am very happy but sad too. Happy is because you are back to my side, sadly is due to my situation I'm going to leave you behind if the operation was not successful. But don't cry, Minky. Even if I'm not around, I'm still in your heart. And I want you to remember that I love you, I truly do. That's why I want you to move on if I'm not able to survive. I want you to find your happiness, so Minky, don't cry. It hurt me every time I see you cry. Lastly, don't forget, I love you, Kim Minkyung. I love you until I wanna marry you. If I able to survive, will you marry me? Give me the answer when I'm fine, okay?

From your foolish Yuyu-ah~, Kang Kyungwon.

"Stupid." Minkyung cried again. Eunwoo and Xiyeon sighed as they prayed for their dorky friend safety. Time passed slowly and torturing for Minkyung. She kept glancing at the light, hoping that it would go off. Her heart was aching when she saw the nurses running in and out, bringing blood pack again and again. Luckily Eunwoo was there, giving Minkyung mentally support.  Finally, the light was off. Minkyung quickly stood up and walked to the door. The doctor walked out from the room.

"Doctor, how is Kyungwon?" Minkyung grabbed the doctor's hand tightly. Her heart fell when she saw the doctor sighed.