Chapter 9

Lacuna
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- 009 -

 

Living with Yeonseok apparently felt like watching a comedic drama live on stage. He talked a lot, like he was in euphoria to finally have someone to talk to. He’s kind of making sure not to let Jisoo felt bored when they’re home, especially when they were only two of them. Even though Jisoo had got used to the absence of people in her house, it didn’t stop Yeonseok to keep talking to her.

The thing about Yeonseok was, now she found out that someone couldn’t just stay perfect all the time. Even someone like “the Great Doctor Yoo Yeonseok” had flaws, like, he never knew where he put his stuffs on. Seriously, Jisoo had no idea what’s the use of having a bowl where they used to keep things on it at the front door’s buffet if he’s still at lost as to where he put his keys, or why he had those expensive accessories boxes in his closet if he still asked if she’d seen his certain watches’ whereabouts.

In only three days, she had herself as a lost and found officer who found and kept his so-called lost belongings in a much unexpected places; at the laundry top shelf, book shelf in the library, kitchen sink, and some other ridiculous places. She couldn’t help laughing at his recklessness every time she found something new. And when she took a shot and sent it to him, he would answer with—

        I know there must be a reason why I marry you. *wink*

And the worst thing about him was, for God’s sake, he was unforgivably sneaky. It seemed like he had developed a new hobby to , because he couldn’t stop doing it and he’s enjoying every single embarrassment she took when she was blushed and cried.

Like that one at their first day after the wedding. Just as she’d expected, she almost didn’t sleep that night. Yeonseok indeed didn’t make any leading movement like he’d promised; even so it didn’t stop her to feel unease. After it felt like so many hours after that, she dozed off at three am and woke up by the sound of her phone vibration at the side table. It was still six, but she got up anyway and took a shower. She cleaned the mess from the glass she dropped earlier, made them breakfast as she found his fridge was full with groceries, and woke him up about an hour later.

“Can we compromise on some things?” he suggested as they were eating their meals.

“What about?”

“Hm, you know.” He shrugged. “If you want us to take it slow, then how do I release myself in the mean time?”

“What?” Jisoo wished she heard it wrong, because the way he mentioned it was like he was asking her about the weather today. She couldn’t help gawking and literally stunned at the out-of-nowhere question.

“Well, how did you—usually do that before?” And that was the best reply she could come up with in all seriousness. God, it was embarrassing enough to even think about him making out with someone else.

“It’s easier when I was single, but now I’m married to you, you won’t expect me to seek for someone somewhere else, will you?”

Should she say that she wouldn’t mind? Jisoo wasn’t that sure if she liked that idea, even though they’re not truly a couple, she still had this possessiveness over the idea of a third party. She didn’t want it to be a backlash to her later on.

But what should she do? She’d been avoiding the topics about their relationship all morning, but it seemed like she couldn’t dodge it every time. Why would he bring this up anyway? Couldn’t he see that she’s not comfortable with this topic? And all this time she thought he was being considerate, it seemed like men indeed all the same anyway—well, except Sehun apparently, because he respected her preference of giving up her ity to someone she would marry, and had never talked about it—even less compromised it.

 “I need time.” That’s also the only reply she could come up with, there’s actually nothing else she could say to defend herself in time like this.

“I know, but how long?”

It suddenly came to her mind maybe this was what Sehun felt when she asked him the same question weeks ago. It was too confusing and inconvenient that her mind gone blank, she wanted to cry for the stress. Suddenly she felt so guilty for being too pushy to Sehun, she was so mean.

“I don’t know, I’m sorry. I wish I could do something about it, but I can’t, I’m just not ready yet.” She buried her face on her hands, feeling exasperated. She didn’t want to cry, but she couldn’t help it because she was in the verge of another breakdown. And she didn’t want Yeonseok to see it.

“Can we not talk about this? Are you really that ?” there she said it, and it probably hit him because he looked taken aback right then.

For few seconds Yeonseok didn’t say anything and it made Jisoo slightly worried if she had offended him. It’s rude to say something like that, and she was anything but rude, it’s just not her. And she was about to apologize for her words when he finally laughed. Out loud.

“Oh God, you should’ve seen your face, it’s so pale I thought you’re running out of blood.” He said in between his laughter.

What?—

What did he just said? Was she hearing things? What was he laughing about, what’s so funny about her face that he looked like he was about to roll on the floor and laughed his off? She was so dumbfounded, she was literally stunned again.

“I was just messing with you, alright? I’m sorry, Geez, Jisoo why is it so easy to tease you.” He even wiped his eyes for the tears.

“Oppa, were you being serious or not just now?” She asked him, only to make sure that it was indeed a joke. It just made him laugh louder.

 It was about a minute later when he finally calmed down and saw the glitch of annoyance on her face. Then he said, “Let’s say I didn’t really mean it about the release, but for the sake of two of us, I indeed hope you won’t make me wait too long. I can’t stay abstinent all the time, Honey, I’m a man too. And a man has needs. You just happen to be my perfect release.”

She faceplanted on the table, couldn’t take it anymore. He’s so mean, and it was not funny yet he couldn’t stop the hoot of laughter to make fun of her reactions. Yeonseok was indeed totally different from what she thought he used to be.

 

Jongdae, as a matter a fact, was being a total jerk with a roar of laughter when Jisoo decided to share all the dramas a week later. He laughed so hard she felt like shoving his mouth with her socks if he’s not driving. They were on their way to the college at the time; it’s their first day of lecture in their sixth semester.

Unlike some other faculties, they had undergone a new integrated curriculum in the last two years that allowed them to have the same class on some of the subjects for three years, even after selecting where out of two majors of architecture and architectural engineering would they put themselves into—because some courses had the same goals and projects for both majors, and proceeded to their respective professional selective courses at the fourth year and on. They had class that morning—different course though, so Jongdae, being a good and curious cousin—he’d been tattering about his wanting to visit the apartment, but since she spent almost all days in her dad’s house, he never got the time to go—decided to pick her up and offered a ride.

“Ha-ha! Are we finally talking about this now, Sister? I always know that you are this shy person, but I never thought that it would be that bad.” Jongdae said in between the chuckle.

Jisoo hissed on his remark. Seriously, the more they talked about this, the more regret Jisoo felt for choosing Jongdae as her person. She always talked to him about everything, and she thought talking to Jongdae about her concern would put her at ease, she’s never been this wrong the whole time. It seemed like you couldn’t just casually talk about your bed issues with your pawky cousin, especially when he was so happy to crush you to the ground as a toying object. He’s just the same as the man she’s currently living with, even much worse.

“I’m not shy, God. It’s just, what’s with you, men, and your manhood needs? I just hate the sound like I owe him something with this.”

“It’s not about owing something, Jee. You’re technically married to him, so the question is actually reasonable. You’re just being a wimp when you chickened out.” He pointed out and it made her scoffed.

Did she just hear it right? From all the things she told him, and he only pointed out about her chickening out? It’s not even fair!

“Who’s being a wimp and chicken out?”

A feminine cheerful sound came in a form of fairy looking of brunette girl as she caught up between them with two arms flung on their shoulders, and pulled them two to her sides closer. Lisa jumped on them out of nowhere and greeted them a ‘good morning’ with her smiley loving face.

“Hey, Girlfriend.”

Jongdae gave his girlfriend a peck on her lips, before he—more than so happily—gave her the answer for the previous question.

“This sister right here is worried about—“

“No, Jongdae, we agree to not talk about this—“ Jisoo put a hand to cover his mouth for further explanation.

But Jongdae took it off. “Having with her husband.” he finished it.

Oh God, Jisoo really felt like she wanted to bury herself to the ground.

“Tell her, Lisa,” Jongdae kept on talking, as if like it’s the most important thing to tell, “That is good. And she shouldn’t be a wimp by pleading that she needs more goddamn time.”

And as if supporting Jongdae's words was the most appropriate thing in this world, Lisa turned to her with her serious look, “ is good, Jisoo, I highly recommend you to try it.” She said while holding her laugh.

In normal situation, Jisoo really really liked Lisa. She was just the opposite of her character. She’s a happy and outgoing person that’s very easy to like. Lisa was one of a very few people besides Jongdae and Sehun, and the only girl she believed the most, and somewhat was comfortable to be around. She never hesitated to talk about girls’ problem with her, and it’s kind of a big deal in her friendship life.

But today, she hated Lisa, because she preferred to help Jongdae working on her rather than siding with her as fellow women. She pouted for being annoyed, even more as Lisa decided that she needed more push with her adlibs,

“I mean, your husband is terribly H-O-T, if I have that such divine creature in my bed, I would—" she turned to Jongdae, "It’s just an if, Babe—I would—“

No, Jisoo just couldn’t hear those things anymore. So she closed her ears and sprinted out before those two ignorant people trapped her in their dark blackhole forever. Lisa scowled at her as she ran away, muttering things about she didn’t get the chance to give her the wedding present. But she could do it later, so Jisoo decided to just walk on to her class.

Jisoo knew that her presence would attract attention when she appeared in the campus corridor. Jongdae warned her that her marriage news was published in several local newspapers, a celebrity tabloid even covering the whole ceremony and reception in two full pages discussing the event’s elegance concept and modesty was said as the most inspirational breakthrough of the year.

She had read the reviews, Yeonseok took home a copy of the tabloid two days after the wedding given by the nurses at the hospital. And Jisoo was amazed as she read it, she was too stunned to be unaware that it apparently turned out beyond exceptional. If only this was her dream wedding, Jisoo might not have slept for days thinking she was the happiest girl in the world.

Candid photos at her wedding ceremony were also published on the gossip girls site of her uni’s local student forum. She wasn’t the type who would access that kind of gossip sites even it’s quite a trend on campus, especially because her certain ex and former relationship was often the topic of conversation in some of their threads, and because Sehun had once declared an open war to the gossip girls—the thread writers who until now was still anonymous—since those ‘trashes’ they wrote had invited a lot of hate comments directed to her.

But since a friend from her study group shared the news link a few days ago, Jisoo couldn’t help reading it as well. Her study group's chat page was in uproar following the spreading news, accusing who was lax until their photos were claimed by gossip girls who definitely not supposed to be there. But since nobody confessed, and Jisoo didn’t want to prolong the problem, she wrapped up their debate and let it slide.

Though she's used to being the topic of the talk since she dated Sehun, Jisoo still found herself feeling strange when reading news about herself. And one thing she couldn’t stand was reading people's comments.

She wasn’t surprised to read so many hate comments about her marriage. Sehun's name was always mentioned in every comment that cornered her, called her names like a bratty selfish for breaking Sehun’s heart, or gold digger for leaving Sehun to a congressman's son.

And although her closest people always said not to put their comments to the heart, it still hurt.

So, she wasn’t su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter