Chapter 1

Lacuna
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- ONE -

 

 

Sorry for not making the time to pick you up. Late lunch at Seorae, will 3pm be ok?

Jisoo couldn’t hide her smile reading the text in her inbox when she her phone. Her dad had told her a week ago that he probably would not make it to pick her up when she got back for this conference he needed to attend, they knew it but still kind of nice of him to text her like that. It was just typically him to apologize for the things that he couldn’t do for her as he wished for, and Jisoo felt sorry for him. A meal in Seorae always meant he was either feeling too sorry or too guilty.

She replied by letting him know that her plane had touched down the Incheon airport just a few moments ago, and now she was on the line to get through the custom gate then got her baggage later on. She also made the time to text Jongdae, her cousin, who’s also her very best friend, that she’s back to Korea now. An actual text that she was actually waiting for wasn’t missed from her attention when she realized was not in her mailbox. The last time she chatted with this owner of the particular number was about fourteen hours ago when she needed to cut their conversation as it was time to board the plane. Her brow frowned for the missing text, and she thought to send a message when someone nudged her back informing it was her turn for the passport check.

Jisoo just got back from the US after completing seven weeks of summer internship. Her university had cooperation with this estate and design company in Massachusetts, and after a series application and interviews she got accepted for the interning program starting in the middle of the spring. There was actually another girl from her faculty who got accepted too, but they put her in the different division with apparently more projects so she needed to extend her stay and probably flied back to Korea next week.

There had never been a time Jisoo would miss Seoul this much. Everything was so different in US, and since it was her first time travelling abroad, and also given to her taciturn personality, she had a difficulty to adapt herself for the first two-week. Food was also not good enough for her taste. Another than some Western or Italian food she got from the local menu in Itaewon, Jisoo never ate anything besides Korean food before. Jongdae’s mom even had helped her packed so much instant food and spices for her daily stock, but it couldn’t get rid of her homesickness.

And there’s definitely another reason why she missed Seoul so much. It’s because of that certain boy she’s been dating for the past three years. Even though they chatted every day and almost every hour, yet they couldn’t get enough, especially when her beloved boyfriend overdosed her with his constant ‘I miss you’ since she arrived in Boston. So when she saw his tall figure towering the crowd standing behind the rail with that dazzling smile, her heart rushed like a marathon, and she let out a squeal running over him like a runaway truck.

“Sehun!”

“My baby~” He caught her in his arms and spin her. “I miss you.” He said as he leaned in and gave her a few greeting pecks on her lips before kissing her fully.

Jisoo entangled arms on Sehun’s neck as she was succumbed on his longing embrace, murmuring the ‘I miss you too’ on his lips in between the kisses and smiles. It’s when she heard some giggles and ‘oh so young lovebirds’ annotation from the passerby’s surround them, Jisoo suddenly realized of their oblivious and inappropriate PDA, then pulled herself off, cheek blushed from embarrassment.

“I thought you forgot.” She told him, referring the absence of his text on her inbox.

Sehun pecked her on the cheek where the pinkish blush was visible before, then hold her again by her waist. “How can I forget when I technically awake since the last fourteen hours? I miss you so much I strived myself not to close my eyes, so I won’t fall over and miss the time.”

As cheesy as it might sound, Jisoo wouldn’t deny that his words were unforgivably cringeworthy. Sehun was a terrible flirt, and Jisoo couldn’t help but show her puking face just to mock him playfully.

He pouted his lips and sulked, “You’re mean.” And that made her laugh.

Life felt like in another level of happiness when Sehun was with her. Three summers together had made him an expert to know what to say or what to do to make her smile or even laugh despite her reserved nature. He was caring and compassionate, and treating her like a princess since even before they were official. The girls at college envied her for him, kept on telling her how lucky she was to have such a fond man who thought she was his world, who always looked cold and stern to the other girls but was gentle and smiley when she was around. They said Oh Sehun was an exclusion, the one in a million of a perfect goal’s boyfriend material.

And yes, Jisoo indeed so lucky to have Sehun as a loving boyfriend, his impeccable good looks was definitely a jackpot bonus.

“So, what are we going to do today?” Sehun asked as he held her hand and walked her to the parking lot, his free hand had Jisoo’s baggage dragged. “Let’s have a date, there’s a new movie I want to watch with you, then we can have dinner before I take you home.”

Jisoo looked at her watch for a moment then shook her head. She actually hoped that they could go for the date he suggested, to make up the days that they had missed without each other and because she still wanted to spend more time with him. But she also knew that they need to take a rain check for this because she had another appointment with her dad. So she told him the plan.

“Shame,” Sehun checked his watch, “Three pm is just an hour away, and it’s exactly our trip to Seoul if the traffic’s nice.”

“I’ll make up to you tomorrow, let’s have a date for the whole day.” Jisoo t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter