Chapter 2: A Reminiscence

This Heart Beats For You

Loud insistent ringing noise jolts Bo Young awake. She sits up clutching her head while her hand frantically searches for her phone to turn off the alarm.

"Aishhh!" she groans, "my head."

Seeing it is only 6am, she plops herself back down.

Oh I want to sleep some more. But her thoughts are not quiet. He is already occupying her mind again.

Their meeting over the weekend was brief. Their conversation although not stilted was hardly easy.

What conversation? We hardly spoke. She sighs, arms flinging in frustration. I wish, she started then stopped before she completed her thoughts. No, l need to get up and get ready. Not more thinking.

.

Bo Young got ready quickly. She took a shower, and quickly dried her hair. She applied her makeup lightly and put on a comfortable blue-striped shirt dress. Her midi heels completed her outfit.

Today she and Lee Pdnim were meeting to go over plot points of their current drama. He decided to give the production staff a break from filming today. Bo Young was glad for it since it allowed her to travel home to attend the christening without having to rush back to the filming site. Beautiful as Jeju is, she missed the comforts of her home, even though she is mostly alone, now that her dongsaeng left for college. Being alone never bothered Bo Young, who cherished her privacy and quiet moments.

.

She arrives in Blossom agency with plenty of time to spare. Greeting the staff at each turn, she heads to Cha Tae Hyun’s office, who is founder of the agency and one of her treasured friend. She knocks and hears him bid her enter.

"Annyeong, oppa. Good morning."

"Ah, Bo Young, annyeong." Tae Hyun got up from his desk to give her a quick hug. "How are you? How is the filming going?"

"It's going very well, thank you. I am fine. I'm meeting Pdnim today to talk about scenes."

"Yes, yes," Tae Hyun replies, ushering her to a chair. "I'm sorry I missed the christening. Suk Eun is still having terrible morning sickness and I didn’t want to leave her alone when she's feeling poorly."

"Ah, it's ok, I understand," she replies sympathetically. "It was a lovely christening. Jong Ki oppa and Hye Kyo unnie's baby is so cute."

She goes on to share with him about the event. After a while, she grew quiet.

"I saw him, oppa.”

Tae Hyun had no need to ask who she was referring to. He turned his chair to fully face her across his desk.

He waited for her to compose her thoughts rather than asking his questions.

After a minute, Bo Young continued, “Will it always be awkward between us now, you think?”

Tae Hyun saw her pensive mood. He realized how Bo Young still cared very deeply for Hyung Sik, much more than she realizes herself. He is one of the few people who knew about her relationship with Hyung Sik, even what happened afterwards to cause the rift between them.

“You have to give both of you time. He was hurt just as badly as you. Wait, let me finish,” as Bo Young made to interrupt him. “I know you had reasons and they were valid reasons, Bo Young-ie. But for a man who is in love anything less than acceptance would be considered a rejection.” “Give him time,” he added gently.

Bo Young nodded and gave Tae Hyun a small smile. “I hope he had time to understand me.”

.

She returned home later in the afternoon, after completing her meeting with Lee Pdnim. Her new drama has interesting plot points involving time travel and sci-fi components, genres she has not much experience on. She was excited to get directions from the Pd to get a better understanding of her character’s role and the direction he wanted her to take. She left the agency in much better spirits than when she arrived earlier, her talks with Cha Tae Hyun helping ease some of her burden. Bo Young was thankful to have joined Blossom Entertainment after leaving her previous agency once her contract expired. After certain misdeeds came to light, she took the advice of her family and friends and signed elsewhere. She recalled how Hyung Sik made such a fuss when he found out about her agency’s questionable actions. How he raged and was ready to involved his own agency’s remarkable resources just to void her contract. She recalled how he helped her make the decision to choose Blossom after she rejected outright his suggestion to join his agency.

Even though the public was none the wiser about their budding relationship, she felt with the rumors swirling around them, it would have created more intrigue had she joined UAA. It was enough that fans suspected she had something to do with Hyung Sik joining UAA, she didn’t feel the need to add fuel to the fire by signing with them as well. It worked out well as Cha Tae Hyun was ecstatic to bring her to his fold. As it were, the fans were quite perceptive and relentless in their scrunity when it comes to Hyung Sik and herself, despite their lack of public sightings together or any scheduled appearances. Except for Singapore, she mused. quirked in a smile, recalling both their flustered behavior. They acted like teenagers! Giddy in hiding how in love they were. Several times, she caught him looking, his eyes constantly at her, disturbing her usual calm composure at such events. And God help her, she couldn’t avoid staring back.

Her mind unbiddingly drifted to their time together in Singapore.

 

That evening, he came to her room to say goodbye before she left to go back to Korea. It was cloaked in secrecy, as the staff was just as protective of them as was their private retinue of stylists, managers, and assistants.

“Stay another day,” he whispered in her ear. They were both laying down in the sofa, she nestled in his arms as if she was molded to fit perfectly by his side. She felt his light kisses on her temple.

“You know I can’t. I have to meet with the sponsors for Hi-Mart cf.” She gently brushed his hair from his forehead. Hyung Sik has this flop of hair that that the stylists love to have fall over his eyes. Bo Young never understood why, well, she does, as this makes him look y. No, ier, she thought. She about this hair, calling it his chaebol hair after his High Society character.

“Tell them the fanmeet made you tired, and you decided to rest an extra day,” he murmured, trailing slow intoxicating kisses down her jawline.

Bo Young was too distracted to answer. Her hands moved to caress his nape. His mouth slowly reached her lips, planting featherly kisses until she felt like she was going crazy.

She felt him smile before he finally kissed her full on the mouth, insistent, no longer teasing, but full of passion and urgency.

She opened her lips, surrendering to him, as his kisses deepened, until all coherent thoughts were driven from their minds.

He continued this sweet onslaught until they both needed to take a breath.

His forehead rested on hers; his lips just as swollen. She could feel his heart beating just as wildly as her own. Their breaths still hitching as they stare deeply into each others’ eyes.

Hyung Sik touched her cheeks, “Saranghanda, my Bo Young-ie.”

She drew him back down for another deep kiss, knowing her actions would convey how much she loves him back.

She felt him his hand travel lightly from her back to follow the curve of her spine, trace the dip of her waist then slowly inch up resting on her ribcage. His touch was as electrifying as his kisses, sending her nerve endings into overdrive.

Hyung Sik paused, their short rapid breaths mingling. His eyes bore into her, as if he is peering deep into her soul.

“H-hyung shik,” her voice quivered.

He continued to stare at her unmoving, his face close enough she could see each individual lash on his eyes. She felt on fire, her pulse beating like a drum in her ears.
After what seemed like an eternity, he broke their eye contact; he kissed her forehead and drew her in a tight embrace.

She breathed him in, feeling relieved, anxious, excited, frustrated all rolled in one.

 

She sighed in remembrance. Even now, her heart raced just thinking about him.

He always understood her, even before she can voice her thoughts out loud. Where did we go wrong?