Chapter 5 - BTS, wae?

You Feel Like Home.

Still feeling the effects from her contact with V, Jimin was barely aware that they were currently talking about BTS and their American and European touring success.

 

“You guys have managed to do something that not many Kpop groups have done in the past. You’ve broken America, had your music win awards and hit the billboard charts. How does that feel, to know you’ve transcended the typical career style of Kpop groups?” Kevin motioned toward the group to answer.

 

Rapmon smiled with obvious pride and motioned to Jin to speak for them.

 

“We have always worked our hardest on everything we put out, whether it be for the Korean or international market, but I think we’ve started to be recognised more is because we’ve found what works for us. We’ve sort of…perfected the BTS style.”

 

Nodding, Suga joined in “It’s not that we have a specific style, because I think we do well in all styles. I think we’re now comfortable as artists and our creative decisions are working and paying off. It’s all about the music, for us. We are musicians and it feels amazing to be respected like this.”

 

Smiling, Jimin finally pulled herself back into the conversation “I totally get that. I’m in love with my music and whether it gains me popularity, I make sure I’m proud of what I release.”

 

Looking fondly at Jimin, the group laughed, understanding her musical passion.

 

“Well, Jimin, we think you deserve a lot more recognition than what you’ve gotten. We’re fans!” V chimed in, looking as if their moment earlier hadn’t rocked him like it had rocked Jimin.

 

Bowing her head in thanks, she knew her face turned red “Thank you very much. I’ll try do better.”

 

Jae gave Jimin a pat on her back and brought the conversation back with his usual humour “Don’t worry, you can collaborate more with me and I’ll make you famous.”

 

Rolling her eyes, Jimin turned her attention to her cue cards.

 

“Our next section before we reach the end of the show and go into hangout, is a segment called BTS wae?” Jimin raised her hands in the air as she spoke, scowling when Kevin and Jae didn’t join in.

 

“HOW MANY TIMES DO WE NEED TO PRACTISE THIS BEFORE YOU FINALLY DO IT WITH ME?”

 

Laughing, BTS enjoyed seeing Jimin lose her temper at the two older MC’s. It was very cute to see her huffing like a younger sister who couldn’t get her way.

 

The male Jimin wouldn’t say it out loud, but he really enjoyed being around his female counterpart. She always acted as if cameras weren’t on her and she had fun. She didn’t talk to people like they were idols, she talked to them like they were friends. As much as he couldn’t really talk to her live on television, he just enjoyed being in her energetic and bright presence. He had made the decision halfway through the show, that he would talk to her once the cameras were off. He had missed every other opportunity since but he wouldn’t let it happen again.

 

“So in this section, we will show you pictures that were published to your social media accounts and we want to know, what’s going on in them. Hence the name, BTS wae?” Jae motioned towards the LED screen once more and waited for the first picture.

 

As soon as the first picture came up, everyone laughed.

 

There, on the large LED screen, was a picture of V dressed in a ladybug costume, complete with a magic wand.

 

V clearly looked like he regretted allowing it to happen, but he laughed along with his group.

 

“Wow, V. You’re such a…different ladybug.” Kevin could barely string his sentence together, as the sight was too funny.

 

“Ah…this is so troublesome for our image.” Suga teased and shook his head.

 

“I can explain this…This was for a promotional short advertisement. I was handing people out energy drinks. I was the energy drink fairy.” V defended himself and pointed out the bottles on desks behind him in the picture.

 

Scoffing at him playfully, Jimin looked at V “Then why weren’t you dressed as a fairy…why a ladybug?”

 

Not having an answer, V waved his arms around comically and told the MC’s to please move on.

 

With a laugh, Jae pointed out the next picture which was of RapMon in a princess dress.

 

“Guys…I’m noticing a pattern here.”

 

All of the members stood on their feet and crossed their arms in an X motion “ASC is trying to ruin our manly image. Stop this right now.”

 

Snickering, Kevin motioned to Rapmon to explain himself.

 

“It was…a Halloween costume.”

 

Everyone went quiet and eyed Rapmon, knowing he was lying but not sure if they should push further.

 

“Moviiiiing on. This next picture is of Jimin oppa.” Jimin almost chocked on her spit at the next picture.

 

There he was, his back to the camera with no shirt on.

 

Jae and Kevin immediately covered Jimin’s eyes to which she complained she was of age.

 

With a slightly red face, Jimin tried not to make eye contact with the only female and answered shyly.

 

“Ah, I had been working out a lot on my back muscles while we were on tour and I was proud to show our ARMY’s.”

 

Teasing him, Jae waved his cue cards in the air “Man, I think you might have killed a few fans with that photo. I even think you might have killed our Jimin.”

 

Covering her face with her hands, the MC Jimin mumbled for them to move on to the next picture.

 

“This will sadly be our last picture of the segment as we’re running out of time.” Kevin brought the conversation back to reality and motioned towards the large screen.

 

The final picture was of the entire group in heels and Jimin could not contain her laughter once again.

 

“What is WITH you guys? Are you secretly a girl group?”

 

When her question was met with silence, she stared bug eyed at the seven members. Noticing her shocked expression, the boys all began to laugh.

 

“Come on, Jimin-ssii, what do you take us for? We were on a variety show and the task was to try walk a runway with heels like fashion models.” JHope explained the picture with a teasing grin.

 

“I will say, V actually did the best. He was able to dance in the heels also!” Jungkook pointed at his older friend who seemed very pleased with himself.

 

“You do realise, we’re going to want a demonstration, right?” Jimin wriggled her brows at V and he shook his head quickly.

 

“No way.”