Chapter 1 - Special Guests

You Feel Like Home.

“Hey, what’s up, it’s ya girl, Jamie!” The smiling blonde greeted the camera, with her signature gestures and cheeky air.

 

“What is good, everybody, my name is Jae!” Standing to her left, the tallest of the trio held up a peace sign as his eyes flickered back to his cue cards.

 

“Annnnd I am ASC’s Angel, Kevin.” The older member of the group beamed towards the camera, his sweet face bright as always.

 

“I think you mean, SWANGEL, Kevin” Jimin sunbae, making over exaggerated swooping gestures with her arms.

 

“Oh yeah, I forgot” Kevin laughed and hid his embarrassment behind his hands. He will never escape that nickname for the rest of his life.

 

As the three now seasoned MC’s shot teasing jokes back and forth, this weeks featured group were standing off just out of view, laughing silently at their hosts hilarious nature.

 

This would be their 4th visit, after a very busy year of touring overseas and shooting to fame worldwide.

 

They were sad that they hadn’t made time for ASC in the last year, but coming back felt easy. This show felt comfortable to them, it was familiar, it was relaxed, it was home.

 

“Anyway, getting back to today’s show, we are so excited to finally have one of our favourite guests return to us. Jae, this will be your first time MCing with them. How do you feel?” Jimin turned her face to Jae and motioned for him to answer her question.

 

“I know, man I’m beyond excited. I’ve watched these guys since before I was even training to be an idol. I think they influenced a lot of this new generation of Kpop stars. They’ve grown so much over the last few years and I’m honoured to get to speak to them today.” Jae bowed politely in their direction, however the online viewers had yet to see who their guests were today, as no preview had been given.

 

“Yaaaaah, who is this? Since when are you so polite and respectful?” Jimin lightly smacked the back of Jae’s head with her cue cards, teasing her friend.

 

Laughing at his formal posture, Kevin nodded his head and faced the camera.

 

“Yes, these guys are smashing records and gaining worldwide fame with their great musical talents and charisma. Now, the viewers at home may or may not be aware of who this week’s guests are, but there’s no need to guess anymore.”

 

Jimin could feel the nervous bubbling feeling in her stomach rise, she hadn’t seen the guys in over a year due to the scheduling conflicts. She wondered if they’d even be the same, since they had gained an enormous amount of fame since their last meeting. She would be lying if she said she wasn’t excited. They had always been her favourite guests, even including GOT7. She felt so comfortable teasing them, joking with them and even scolding them. They felt like friends, in some weird way.

 

“Jimin, could you please introduce our guests to the viewers.”

 

Nodding her head, Jimin plastered on her signature smile and began to introduce the guests.

 

“Well, Jae, Kevin, these guys might actually need no introduction. They have been touring the world, winning Billboard Music awards, hitting the top 100 overseas and they’ve been paving the way for Kpop internationally. With awesome concepts, top notch music videos and killer songs, they’re one of the most successful groups out there. We are, of course, talking about…” Jimin trailed off, taking a breath after her long introduction.

 

As she was just about to announce them, Jae and Kevin both cut across her, pointing at the camera as they shouted “You’ll find out, in this video, video—”

 

Jimin scoffed out a laugh and finished the sentence with the two older boys.

 

“QUEUE!”