Chapter 4 - What was that?

You Feel Like Home.

“Do you think you guys will do well at our double speed? You usually do okay, when Jin isn’t falling over or V isn’t laughing too much to dance.” Jimin teased the boys with a cheeky smile.

 

Pretending to be offended, V and Jin both put their hand over their hearts and gasped.

 

“Park Jimin-ssi, how dare you question our skills!”

 

Sticking her tongue out at them, the blonde made her way to the front of the room, standing off to the side with Jae.

 

Kevin stood on the right side of the floor and began introducing the segment. “Alright, so you guys know this part of the show, you’d done it quite a few times.”

 

Turning his face to the camera, Kevin engaged the audience through the lens. “To those that may not be familiar with this part, we ask the members of BTS to dance their point choreography in their newest single. Once they do that for us, we get them to do it again…but this time in double the speed!”

 

Nodding his head, Jae motioned to the centre of the floor for BTS to make their way over. “So the guys are going to be performing their DNA dance from their same titled song, DNA.”

 

“BTS fighting!” Jimin made a fist and cheered on their guests.

 

Without a second thought, as soon as the music began, Jimin’s eyes went straight to the boy with the same name. She couldn’t help it, he was one of the best dancers she knew in the Kpop community. It didn’t hurt that he was also very handsome when dancing. Something inside her felt warm at the sight of Jimin moving his body to the music.

 

When the dance was finished, she clapped and shook her head “Yaah, you guys always have such good choreography.”

 

Smiling, Rapmon mentioned they had a very good dance instructor.

 

“Jimin, maybe you’d like to take some lessons with them?” the male Jimin made a comment at the female MC and he knew why he said it. It was because last time they met, she claimed to be a dancing machine but did not live up to the title at all.

 

With a flush covering her face, she scoffed and waved her hand at Jimin “I don’t need lessons, I’d just end up running the class.”

 

The entire group began laughing at Jimin’s obvious lie. They had witnessed first hand, many times, how Jimin…lacked in dance skills.

 

“This isn’t going to end well, for any of us” Jae chimed in with a grin, nudging Jimin in her side.

 

She scowled at how she was being ganged up on and proceeded with her lines.

 

“Okay so now we know you can dance your choreography normally, we’re going to test your double speed dancing! Ready? Music, queue!”

 

As the boys began dancing in double speed, Kevin began laughing uncontrollably from the side, causing everyone to stop.

 

“Kevin, what is it?” Jimin asked her co-MC with a confused expression.

 

Kevin walked up to Suga and put his hand on his shoulder.

 

“Suga, you weren’t even trying to dance double speed. I saw you standing still but you were just moving your arms.”

 

As the rest of the group slapped at their laziest members back and head, Jae motioned at the behind camera crew to replay the music “We’re gonna do it one more time at double speed, I wanna see everyone give one hundred percent out there. That means you too, Suga!”

 

Shrugging his shoulders, Suga flashed a smile and reluctantly agreed to try his best.

 

As the music began again, the members moved in synch and nailed every move within the dance, impressing the MC’s.

 

Once the music ended, the group were panting heavily and some were slightly red in the face.

 

“Wow, great job guys. I’m very impressed” Kevin praised the seven members and motioned them to sit down.

 

Jimin, noticing they were tired, walked over with a few bottles of water they had prepared for the group.

 

“Here you go, you deserve these.”

 

As she was handing them out, she kept bowing to each member.

 

“Jimin, you don’t need to be so formal with us, we’re friends!” JHope smiled and ruffled the younger girls hair.

 

Laughing in embarrassment, Jimin nodded and fought the urge to bow again “Neh, thanks JHope oppa.”

 

When she got to V, she went to hand him his bottle but accidentally dropped it. They both went to pick up the bottle and as they leaned down, their hands brushed off each other’s.

 

Freezing on spot, Jimin brought her eyes up from the floor and they met V’s. His eyes were so intense and deep. She almost felt like she could drown in them.

 

Without realising, they had both remained unmoving for almost thirty seconds before someone cleared their throat.

 

Shooting up quickly, Jimin bowed, forgetting what JHope had just said, and ran back to her seat.

 

She knew her cheeks were probably furiously red, so she kept her head down as Kevin and Jae began speaking to BTS once again.

 

Her heart was racing so hard, she could hear the thumping in her ears.

 

What was that?