Chapter 3 - HASHTAG BROCODE

You Feel Like Home.

 

Jimin was vaguely aware of where the topic of conversation was, even though she was lost in a daydream. She heard the mini album being mentioned and their tracks.

 

“Yeah, we worked really hard on composing our newest tracks and we think the fans are truly going to love it.” Rapmons smooth voice pulled Jimin from her thoughts.

 

She knew she had spaced out and the footage playback probably showed everyone. She realised quickly she needed to snap back into her usual vitamin Jimin mode so she decided to blurt out the first thing that came to her head.

 

“D.N.A! HOO” Jimin cheered for the groups newest song and although her outburst was very sudden and random, the others around her laughed at her enthusiasm.

 

Rapmon smiled softly and nodded his head “That’s right, Jimin. Our title track is DNA and it’s a bit different than our last few releases but it fits with how we’re growing as artists.”

 

Grinning, Jimin appreciated how Rapmon led her random outburst to an actual conversation.

 

Kevin shook his head and flipped some cue cards over, pausing for a moment before continuing.

 

“Okaaaay, so usually we would go to a hangout session with our viewers, but we decided we’d dedicate time to that at the end of the show. For this segment, we’re going to learn about BTS as boyfriends! This was a highly requested topic that our ASC’ers all voted for on our facebook, so thank you for sending in your votes!”

 

Jae stood up and moved towards the touch screen that the trio usually used for their show and swiped across. Glancing down at his cue cards, he read aloud the rules of the game.

 

“Alright, so the members of BTS are going to be asked a series of questions based on relationships and they have to answer. Sounds simple, right? Wrong!” Jae ended his sentence with a dramatic arm sweep, pointing his cards at their guests.

 

Jimin shook her head and moved Jae out of the way before finishing the lines.

 

“The other members can interrupt each other, if they feel like there are any lies happening!” Jimin looked over to see the reactions of BTS and laughed when she noticed some of them grinning evilly at each other.

 

“That’s correct, each member will answer and we will wait three seconds before moving on. In those three seconds, the other members can shout LIE if they think they’re being untruthful.” Kevin nodded his head and motioned to the screen.

 

“Alright, Jimin do you wanna read the first question?”

 

Jimin smoothed out her skirt and began to read the first question sent in by a fan.

 

“Jungkook oppa—” Jimin cleared . Calling him oppa always made her feel weird, as they were the same age. “Jungkook oppa, if your girlfriend was walking beside you and you noticed she got cold, what would you do?”

 

Jungkook laughed and thought for a moment before answering “I would give her my jacket, she’s more important than I am.”

 

Immediately the older members shouted out “Lie!”

 

Laughing in shock at how soon they had called out a lie, Jae motioned to Jin for a reason.

 

“Jungkook doesn’t notice things around him. If the girlfriend didn’t say to him that she was cold, he wouldn’t have done anything. He would have kept walking.”

 

As everyone teased the youngest member, he tried to protest, but Jimin thought it would be funnier if he didn’t get to defend his answer.

 

With a cheeky wave of her hand, as if ignoring him, she moved on to the next question.

 

“Kevin, who is next in our list of victims—I mean, participants”

 

Kevin paused before he read out his question. “This one is for V. V, your friend and you both like the same girl. How would you act in this situation?”

 

Glancing over at the usually hyper idol, the three MC’s noticed this question made him become quiet.

 

“Waaah, V is actually thinking seriously?!” Suga pretended to gasp and everyone chuckled lightly.

 

V tapped his chin as he answered “Yah…how could I answer this? I think I would just be myself and let the girl choose who she wanted. If it was going to affect my friendship with this person, I might not pursue the girl at all.”

 

Rapmon clapped loudly and shook his head “Wow, V. Such a grown up answer.”

 

The Mc’s nodded their heads and Jae spoke up “It’s cool that you would respect the friendship like that. HASHTAG BROCODE.” His outburst at the end, followed by the hashtag symbol with his hands had the entire room cackling with laughter.

 

“That has got to be edited into the other version of this episode with super cool graphics.” Jimin leaned forward to catch her breath from laughing so much.

 

Kevin broke the laughter by looking around at the members “So nobody thinks that was a lie from V?”

 

Everyone shook their heads and V looked very proud of himself.

 

“Alright, next up is foooooor…JHope! It says, JHope oppa, can you please make heart signs at me and can you tell us what your ideal type is?” Jae motioned to JHope for his task.

 

Without missing a beat, JHope began to make multiple heart symbols with his body “Kah, Kah, Kah! I love you.”

 

Once again, everyone laughed. Jimin smiled to herself as she was reminded why BTS were her favourite guests.

 

Kevin covered his mouth, to hide how much he was laughing, and managed to ask JHope the rest of the question again “So, JHope, what is your ideal type?”

 

JHope beamed at the camera and pointed into the lens “ARMYs are my ideal type.”

 

Without meaning to, Jimin cringed and made a funny noise, causing the members to laugh at her.

 

Jae made a fist with his hand and pretended to punch himself “Ah, myself and Jimin are not fans of that cheesy style fan service.”

 

Kevin shrugged his shoulders and pointed to JHope “This is what fan service is all about. This is idol style.”

 

Waving her hand at Kevin, Jimin looked back at the screen to read the next question. “This one is for J—Jimin” without meaning to, Jimin stammered slightly on the others name. Of course this caused another eruption of laughter and a teasing session to begin.

 

“Jimin-ssi, you seem to be nervous when talking about our Jiminie. Is there something you want to tell us?” Suga, who Jimin noticed was the mastermind behind the 2Jimin ship, smirked.

 

“Our Jimin is so handsome that poor Jimin forgot her sentence~” Jhope joined in with Suga and the two began laughing together.

 

With red cheeks, Jimin waved her cards around frantically “No, no, that’s not it. I decided it’s a new way to not mix us up. I’m Jimin and he is J—Jimin.”

 

By the looks on everyone’s faces, Jimin knew nobody believed her, but for the sake of her sanity, they let it slide.

 

Kevin thankfully finished off the question for Jimin, as he knew she was flustered.

 

“So Jimin, this viewer wants to know how you would get a girls attention if you liked her?”

 

BTS Jimin, who had remained quite calm throughout his group mates teasing the other girl, smiled once again and leaned forward slightly.

 

“I’m not sure, I haven’t had many experiences with those situations, but I think I would tell her straight away. I would walk up and say I like you, let’s go out.”

 

“Wow, that’s confident, Jimin. You come across like a man who knows what he wants!” Jae commended the idol, but as soon as he finished, every member in the group once again shouted LIE.

 

“Yah, Jiminie pabo, you’re such a liar” V scoffed at his friends answer and shook his head.

 

“Yeah, Jimin you wouldn’t tell the girl you liked her. Ya got no jams” Rapmon agreed with V and crossed his arms in a smug way.

 

Kevin found Rapmons statement hilarious and began to laugh behind his cue cards.

 

Jimin, confused at the term, asked Rapmon what he meant.

 

“It pretty much means he has no game, he’s not good with girls.”

 

Opening and nodding as she understood, she glanced at the male Jimin to see how he was reacting. She was amused to notice his cheeks had gone slightly red. She was glad it wasn’t just her that got embarrassed today.

 

“I think this segment has run out of time, sadly. Now we get to move on to our next segment” Jae managed to get the show back under control with a reminder that time had run out for their first segment.

 

“Ah, that’s right. So our next segment is a returning favourite.” Kevin chimed in and Jimin read the next line of her script.

 

“We’re going to play point dance, double speed.”