The Dark Nova

Arcadia: New Beginnings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi was at a loss for words. For the first time, her sister was having a hard time. Heck, it was the first time she saw Jisoo so focused, not even smiling at her opponent. And Jisoo always smiles, especially when she feels the rush of battle. None of her attacks were landing, and whenever she could get close, Scheherazade  would disappear and reappear farther away.

"What the hell? Jennie's not this weak. He's gotta be cheating." Irene seethed. Seulgi remained mum, her stomach churning. "Ref, you gotta stop the fight. Clearly this is his win." She called out to the referee. 

The referee shook his head. "Sorry kid, no can do. Rules are rules." 

And this Baekhyun kid wasn't even taking Jennie seriously. He keeps on dodging their attacks. He even yawned. "This is boring. Scheherazade, finish them off." Suddenly the wind stopped, and the sounds of the animals were drowned out. Seulgi widened her eyes, the feeling all too familiar.

"JISOO! NO! GET AWAY!" But it was too late. It all happened too fast. One moment Jisoo was still standing, and the next she lay there, half-dead.

The whole arena was frozen in time, except for the ones on the battlefield. Scheherazade stood their, grinning wickedly, liking her fingers that were dripping blood. Seulgi stood there, shell-shocked. Jisoo was down, on the ground, ichor flowing out like a fountain.

"Dammit! What'd you do to her, you !?" Jennie yelled at Scheherazade. Baekhyun laughed. "Such weaklings. Stupid weaklings. My familiar has the ability to absorb energy. She absorbed so much of your familiar's power that it rendered her to a near-mortal state."

"Irene!" Seulgi signalled.

"Way ahead of ya!" Irene summoned her book of spells. "Time Lock: Fifth Seal!" Chains started to bind Baekhyun and Scheherazade. "You're only prolonging your inevitable death, you know." Baekhyun chuckled. "Yeah, whatever." 

Seulgi teleported both them to safety. A tear escaped Jennie's eye. "No, Jisoo. Don't leave me. You said you wouldn't leave me. Please don't die. Seulgi, don't let her die." She begged.

Seulgi's heart clenched, all the emotions swirling around her. "Irene, do you have a first-aid spirit lying around somewhere." Irene flipped through her book. "Oh, this might work." She summoned an ocean nymph. "That'll stop the bleeding, but it'll only last for an hour."

"That's long enough. I only need a couple of minutes. I have an idea, so follow my lead."

Eventually, the spell wore off, and Baekhyun stood their, yawning again. "Looks like you're bored. How about a fight to the death? Familiar against familiar." Seulgi deadpanned. "Loser dies a horrible death, winner walks away alive." She added. 

Baekhyun considered it for a moment, rubbing his chin. "Sounds good." He says back, his tone implying that he didn't care. She turned to Irene. "You better stay with Jennie and Jisoo. I might not be able to control myself." Irene nodded slowly, not liking the murderous tone Seulgi was using. "Okay, but if I see you starting to lose control, I won't hesitate. I mean it." As Irene walked away slowly, they shared a look. A look that meant 'Don't screw up'

Irene rubbed Jisoo's back, trying to comfort her. "Shhh, it'll be okay. Jennie won't die. She's tough like that." Jisoo merely nodded, trying to hold in her tears. She tried her empathy link with Taeyeon, but she felt nothing. It was like they were entirely cut off from the rest of the world.

"You know, you really pissed me off, like bigtime. And I'll make sure you pay for it" Seulgi started to glow, until she was as bright as the sun. Once the light subsided, Irene looked at her in awe and confusion.

Seulgi was now wearing an obsidian diadem and a short dress as black as the night that changed patterns whenever she moved. Seulgi no longer radiated light. Instead, she seemed to... absorb it? 

"Does this form seem familiar, Scheherazade? Or should I say, Zomora." Seulgi said, a weird calmness present in her voice.

Baekhy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter