06 Fight Festival

Arcadia: New Beginnings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following weeks passed by like a blur. Time seemed to have sped up for Irene, because the next thing she knew it was already fall season. And Seulgi's just falling in love with everything related to it: she's been making Irene buy her pumpkin spice latte from the cafe near the academy every time they pass by. 

But with the fall season comes the annual tradition that every single race in Arcadia is obliged to participate in, which is the Fight Festival. Ghouls, witches, mages, demons and the like all prepare for the yearly Fight Festival that happens during the 31st, and the winner is awarded a legendary magical artifact. With this incentive, everyone is itching to have a shot at it. Irene skips it every year by pretending she's sick, but really she just doesn't want to deal with the hassle of losing, because she's prideful like that. (I: I swear to the mana gods I will cut your tongue out, you ty narrator!)

This year will be different though, because her trump card a.k.a. Seulgi is sure to make her win. Irene is just drooling with anticipation with whatever the prize is. 

"Irene, your saliva is like, forming a river already. Give it a rest." Seulgi says, baffled by Irene's weird behavior. Irene snaps out of her daydream and goes back to her usual self. "So are you be ready for the festival, Seul?" she asks her companion. 

Seulgi nods will eating pumpkin pie. "No problem here. The question is, are you ready? Have you been doing your physical endurance training sessions?" Seulgi asks in return. Irene cracks her neck. "Heck yeah. I gotta admit, Grand Master Levi's program whipped me into shape." Irene lifts her shirt up. "See? I have abs now too, just like you!"

The celestial immediately chokes on her pie. Dammit, that stuff looked so yummy! Oh stop it Seulgi she's a mortal! Seulgi composed herself and washed her food down with some pumpkin spice latte. Irene grabs her magical bag and takes out a familiar key. "Time to go get registered. Let's go!" 

-

Luckily, the City Hall is just three blocks away from the Institute. Irene and Seulgi decided to just talk a stroll, with Seulgi buying every delicous-looking snack she laid her eyes upon. "Stop eating those sweets. You'll get a toothache and you will get fat." Irene tries to reprimand her. Seulgi just rolls her eyes. "I'm a celestial being with a perfect face and body. I don't get fat and I am immune to human ailments." 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter