Back in Action

Arcadia: New Beginnings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Stop fidgeting, Irene. You're making me nervous because I'm starting to think you're not up for this." Seulgi eyed Irene. 

She just rolled her eyes in response. "Shut up. I'm fidgeting from excitement. One, because of the prize this year, and two, the opportunity to mop the floor with Jennie. I'm sooooo gonna crush her." Irene clapped in glee.

Seulgi chuckled a bit. "Okay, but don't let your guard down. My sister, Jisoo, doesn't really play nice when she's in battle mode. I can still remember the days when we used to spar in the fields of Valhalla. Uncle Odin used to lose his on the things we did."

~Flashback: Like a gajillion years ago~

Seulgi, 15 years old and Jisoo, 14 years old (both in god years). 

"Is that the best you can do, little sister!?" Seulgi shouted at Jisoo. She was currently pinned to the side of a mountain. "Oh not quite, big sis! I was only using a tenth of my power!" Jisoo shouted back.

Luckily, Seulgi managed to pry herself free and started to fly her way towards Jisoo, who was at the other end of the valley. "Try this on for size!" Seulgi's body began gathering light particles, compressing them at an alarmingly fast rate. Jisoo widened her eyes. "No fair! But I'm not going down without a fight!" She stuck out her tongue and concentrated on Seulgi's foot. Suddenly, Seulgi felt the sudden pull of gravity, making her lose her balance. 

"Oh shhhh-" Unable to control the massive amount of energy inside her, Seulgi accidentally unleashed a pure beam of light that cut through the entire mountain range, decimating everything in its path.

Jisoo doubled over in laughter. "Try this on for size!" She imitated Seulgi in a goofy manner. "Shut up. I still won, loser." Seulgi shot back.

"JISOO! SEULGI!" They stopped bickering immediately. "I-I'll meet you b-back at the palace." Seulgi stuttered. Jisoo nodded in response. The skies darkened, and they both teleported to safety.

~end of flashback~

"Wait, so your uncle is Odin?" Irene asked, genuinely intrigued. "Yep. In one way or another, we celestials are related to each other. That's why it's a rare case where two celestials get married. We prefer mortals, like you!" 

what did I just say! Seulgi scolded herself. Irene had her back turned, and unknown to herself and Seulgi, she was blushing slightly. "Good to know." She muttered.

"Hmm? What'd you say?" Seulgi asked. "I said, goo-" 

"GOOD MORNING LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! WELCOME TO THE ANNUAL FIGHT FESTIVAL!" The speakers boomed. 

Irene started cracking her knuckles. "And so it begins."

-------------

Irene and Seulgi breezed past the qualifiers and waltzed their way into the semi-finals. The remaining duos were Irene & Seulgi, Jennie & Jisoo, some weird guy named Baekhyun & his familiar Scheherazade, and Luna & her new familiar, Krystal.

And just as luck would have it, Irene would be fighting Luna, while Jennie will fight against Baekhyun. Seulgi scrunched her eyebrows whi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter