The Ice Princess

Arcadia: New Beginnings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi and a girl, dancing and running around a field of lilacs, their faces showing carefree expressions. Then the sky darkened, and the scene changed. The girl was now holding a book adorned with symbols of black magic. She was pointing her finger at Seulgi, chanting a spell. A wave of anger and fear hit Irene, then darkness consumed her vision.

*

Irene woke up with a start, vaguely remembering her dream about a girl and Seulgi. Swallowing hard, she notices is as dry as a desert. She turns to her right and sees Seulgi slumbering peacefully on a couch. For some reason, Seulgi had a pair of bear ears protruding from her head. Irene smiles to herself. Cute bear-gi.

"S-Seulgi..." she tries to talk, but it only comes out as a hoarse whisper instead. But that was enough to wake Seulgi up. Her bear ears turned into puffs of smoke and when she realized what was happening, she immediately ran to Irene's side. 

She hugs her, hard. Then Seulgi started bawling. Irene could feel Seulgi's tears on her shoulder.

"I-I'm so sorry. It's my f-fault." she stutters, unable to form coherent words. Irene only smiles weakly. "Hush, you didn't do anything wrong. I was the one who asked you to do it."

Seulgi rubs her eyes with her sleeves like a kid. "But still, I agreed to it. For a celestial, I'm pretty stupid, huh?" she smiles bitterly. 

Irene shakes her head, her hair swishing. "Stop beating yourself up, Seul. At any rate, I'm alive aren't I?" she smiles, trying to lighten up the mood. At this, Seulgi nods enthusiastically. "Yes, indeed you are." Irene tries to stand, her legs all wobbly. After three steps she ends up in Seulgi's arms. Irene feels the heat creeping up her cheeks. "Careful there." Seulgi says softly. 

With Seulgi's help, Irene manages to stand in front of a mirror. Her eyes widened in shock and surprise. "W-What happened to my hair!? Why is it all violet?" she squeaked, patting her head to check if it was real. Seulgi starts to explain. "It's a side effect from channeling-"

"-too much mana." Seulgi nodded. "Yes, what that pretty woman just said. Too much mana."  

Irene turned her head so fast it almost caused her whiplash. "U-Unnie!?" 

*

The girl whose upper body was protruding from the ceiling just a while ago was now sitting in front of Irene and Seulgi. Seulgi could see the similarities between the two siblings except for two things: she had eyes as blue as the clear northern sky, and her hair was as white as snow. 

Noticing Seulgi's curious eyes, Irene introduces her sister. "Seulgi, this is Taeyeon-unnie, the eldest among us Bae sisters. She's an ice mage, just in case you're wondering why she looks like that." 

"Nice to meet you, Seulgi. You didn't tell me you had a girlfriend, Irene. A really cute one too." Taeyeon smirks, teasing evident in her voice. Irene's cheeks acquired a tint of scarlet. "Shut up, unnie. She's not my girlfriend, she's my familiar." She huffs, trying regain her composure.

Taeyeon raises her eyebrows. "Oh, so you're single then? Be careful Irene, I might just steal her away from you." Seulgi giggles. Irene suddenly hugs S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter