What In The-!?

Arcadia: New Beginnings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene woke up, feeling rather spippy and energetic. "That hot mug of matcha tea last night before hitting the sack is pretty effective!" She exclaimed, hopping out of bed and dashing towards her bathroom. She took a quick shower and with a towel wrapped around herself, chose her outfit for the day, which is a black and gray robe. She grabbed her glasses and went to her kitchen. 

Her pad, or as Irene liked to call it, her "chill zone", wasn't that spacious. But it wasn't that small either. It had a feeling of coziness and warmth, and to Irene, cozy is good. She liked to keep things in reach because of her being sho- ("Say it and you die." *gulp*) Ehem. Because of... personal reasons.

With a snap of her fingers, her kitchen bustled to life. The eggs and bacon fried themselves, the toaster whirred to life and the latte machine was making her morning coffee. And when everything was ready, it all landed on the table nicely, ready to be eaten.

Another snap, and the windows flew open, just in time for the daily paper to fly in. Literally. It flew around the room a few times and landed in her lap. She scanned it quickly while sipping on her coffee. "Pretty dark times." She told herself as she read the headlines: 

"FAMILY OF FOUR, SLAUGHTERED; MEDUSA'S COVEN SUSPECTED"

Irene shook her head in dismay and stood up. She flicked her wrist, and the dishes started cleaning themselves. Grabbing her satchel, she headed out for the Institute of Magic. Her home was located in the small town of Bunny Grove, which was miles away from the Institute, which was in Bayside City.

"Now where's that damned teleport key?" Irene complained as she rummaged around her satchel. It was a standard-issue bag from the Institute to be used by the students. It could store many, many things, which is very useful for a student practicing the magical arts. 

Feeling the hilt of the key, she took it out, it into the air and turned it. Her vision instantly warped. One moment she was standing in the streets of Bunny Grove, and in the next she was standing next to some bookshelves in the Library of Kalliope. "I really need to practice some warping spells. These things are going to be the end of me." Irene muttered. 

She looked around and her eyes widened. Irene read the sign:

KEEP OUT! RESTRICED AREA FOR EXPERIENCED MAGI ONLY!

Lady Luck's smiling down on me isn't she? This is the sign I've been waiting for!, she thought to herself, her lips.

Irene crouched down low and peeked behind the shelves. Her heart dropped and her skin paled.

What!? Wraiths!?! I'm soooooo dead! Irene told herself, panicking.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter