ReVeLand

Initiation

Joohyun wonders how she ended up in this position.

And by ‘this’, she means getting smothered on her own bed with a very clingy, very heavy, and very drunk Seulgi snuggled against her neck.

“I’m going to kill Sooyoung,” she mutters against her breath when she remembers how her two members arrived thirty minutes ago from watching a movie and having their supposedly tame dinner drunk off their asses.

“Why are you muttering about Sooyoungie when I’m right here, Hyun-ah?” Seulgi whines at her, and she feels the arms wrapped around her go tighter, “Am I not enough for unni?”

Ah. She’s forgotten how dramatic her girlfriend can get when she’s drunk. An extreme stretch from her usual chill demeanor when she’s sober.

“Seul, will you let go for a bit? You need to drink some water so you won’t get a headache tomorrow,” she coaxes the younger girl, gently running her hands along Seulgi’s hair.

“I don’t want to,” Seulgi protests at her, face snuggling deeper into the crook of her neck. 

“Seulgi-” she starts but yelps when Seulgi suddenly let’s go for a tiny bit to glare at her (it’s probably meant to be menacing but the ruffled hair and straight bangs is doing nothing to make her look any less adorable right now, but Joohyun doesn’t say her thoughts aloud).

“Why? Do you want to go cuddle with Sooyoung instead? Is that why you want me to let go?” Seulgi looks at her suspiciously and she let’s out a laugh.

“No, Seul, I am not going to cuddle Sooyoung,” she smiles, “I’m just going to get you some water.”

“Sooyoung said you cuddled with her during Running Man filming,” Seulgi says before grimacing at the thought, “I don’t like it. I want to be the only one who can cuddle unni. Unni is mine, right? I’m the only one allowed to cuddle with unni.”

Joohyun lets out another laugh at that and decides to humor the other girl, “Is that so? And how about you? I’m the only one allowed to cuddle you too?”

Seulgi nods her head vigorously at that, stopping midway when she feels her head spin, opting to rebury her head against Joohyun’s neck instead, “Of course. My body is only for unni.”

She knows that Seulgi probably didn’t mean anything by that. Doesn’t stop her from flushing beet red and choking on her own saliva.

“That’s-” she tries to speak, clearing that suddenly feels way too dry. Now she feels like she needs that water more than Seulgi, “That’s good to hear.”

Seulgi hums in response, hands beginning to move in small soothing circles against Joohyun’s back, and Joohyun has to fight to remember what she was supposed to be doing in the first place.

 

--

 

It takes another thirty minutes before Joohyun finally convinces the younger girl into letting go of her so she can fetch some water from the kitchen. (She ends up downing an entire glass all by herself, but Seulgi doesn’t need to know that.)

Seulgi perks up once she re-enters the room, arms already raised up as if demanding cuddles.

She thinks it’s not a stretch to say that she might die from all the cuteness.

“Drink this first,” she protests when Seulgi immediately reattaches herself around her as soon as she sits down.

Seulgi pouts at her but obeys, begrudgingly letting go of her to drink the entire glass of water in three gulps, “There, it’s gone. Now cuddle.”

She laughs at that, before obediently tucking herself in Seulgi’s wide open arms and they both fall down in Joohyun’s bed.

She’s halfway into falling asleep when she hears Seulgi’s soft call, “Unni?”

“Hm?”

“I really like unni. You know that right?”

She lets out a soft laugh at that, hands brushing Seulgi’s hair, “Of course, I do.”

“That’s great. It’s just that I feel like I don’t say it out loud enough,” Seulgi mumbles and Joohyun’s pretty sure that Seulgi won’t remember any of this tomorrow but she melts all the same.

“I know,” she whispers back, kissing Seulgi’s forehead, “Even if you don’t say anything. I know.”

There’s another beat of silence, and she’s starting to think that her drunk girlfriend has finally gone to sleep when Seulgi speaks again.

“Unni?”

“Yes, Seulgi?”

“If tomorrow were the end of the world, I’ll be content because I know that I’ve spent my final night with you,” Seulgi confesses, and Joohyun knows that the younger girl is borderline sleeptalking with the way her words are almost muddled together, but she understands her all the same.

She blinks when she registers the words. (And a part of her brain wonders, briefly, just what kind of movie did Sooyoung drag Seulgi into watching this time around).

“Is that your way of saying you love me?” she sighs dramatically, but she makes sure to press a kiss on Seulgi’s cheek. Just to show that she’s not really mad.

“Maybe,” Seulgi chuckles sleepily.

“Why can’t you just say it like a normal person?”

“Ah, but where’s the fun in that?”

Where indeed, she thinks. And she’s about to say it out loud when a soft snore interrupts her. So she just smiles lightly, kisses the top of Seulgi’s head affectionately, before settling in comfortably.

It’s not until a while later, when she’s three seconds away from drifting off that she hears it. So soft that she thinks it might’ve been her imagination. But Seulgi’s lips are against her neck, and the soft traces that the words leave upon her skin is unmistakeable.

“I love you, Joohyun.”

 

--

 

She falls asleep with happiness on her lips.

 

--

More stories by ReVeLand