bubunn

Initiation

joohyun watches as seulgi stalks over to her wardrobe, opening it with a fury akin of a thousand men, then sighing helplessly, presumably at the total lack of clothes she could wear. 

it is laundry day, which means that joohyun is cleaning seulgi's mountainous pile of dirty laundry alongside her less impressive basket of clothing.

which means seulgi is clad only in one of her comfy sports bra and a legging that does wonders to her thighs, not that joohyun is looking.

okay, maybe she is looking. but they are right there. seulgi is right in front of her, showcasing her strong thighs like she does not know that she is churning the contents of joohyun's stomach like the green smoothies she makes almost every morning (seulgi is very passionate about them but joohyun never has the courage to give them a go, they are just that unappetising). 

anyway, point is seulgi has no business being this good looking, so no one should place a blame on joohyun.

hiding a gulp, joohyun goes back to folding all of their delicates and towels and bed sheets, the first batch of laundry that day.

“joohyun,” oh, there she is, now in joohyun's view voluntarily, the little lines going down her toned abdomen greeting joohyun's quickly widening eyes. “seriously, are you sure there's not one of my shirt in that pile?”

“seulgi, i'm sure,” joohyun says exasperatedly as she neatly folds yet another of seulgi's sports bra (she thinks they will be above and beyond comfortable for casual use too, maybe she should give it a try sometimes, she is so tired of being poked by her own bra). “it's just our underwear and towels and pillow sheets…”

“ugh, why now? i'm going to be late if i wait for the dryer.”

“you know, it's not me who overslept and forgot to tell me they have a meeting with a client at the studio and that they need a shirt… during laundry day too, mind you. neither am i the one who doesn't clean at all until they run out of every single top.”

seulgi groans again, her eyes skittering to joohyun. “give me your shirt.”

“what? no, seulgi. you just want me to be shirtless at home waiting for you? i'm not giving you my shirt.”

“that's no different than every other day.”

“get out, seulgi. go be useful somewhere else.”

“i can't, i've no top. come on, joohyun, please? i'll raid your wardrobe otherwise.”

joohyun sighs. better that than having to leave her folding clean laundry without a shirt on. it is such a lovely morning and she really wants to just bask in the sunlight peering through the sliding doors to their apartment without any curtains to cover her indecency if she were to toss seulgi the shirt she is currently wearing (and seulgi still cannot quite understand joohyun's fascination with the bright daylight, but it is her loss). “be my guest.”

seulgi grins and goes to peck joohyun’s forehead. “you're the best, love.”

“yes, yes…” joohyun drawls with an almost automatic eye roll. this is not a habit of hers, not until this insufferable artist paints her way right into her life. “better not stretch my shirt, you hear?”

seulgi feigns ignorance, bounding over to joohyun's wardrobe, something joohyun fought for tirelessly so that seulgi will not mistakenly take any of her clothes and then ruin it with paint (it is a great effort that has only gone to waste, more times than it should ever be).

joohyun stares as seulgi comes back with the worst choice possible. “seulgi, no.”

“seulgi, yes,” seulgi is sporting joohyun's favourite sleepwear, a mere oversized white t-shirt, soft and comfortable, the perfect combination with a short shorts to go to sleep. “i like the material.”

“...it's just cotton.”

seulgi smirks, and joohyun has a great need to wipe it off her face because she knows what is coming. the finger guns are a dead giveaway. “no, it's girlfriend material.”

heaving another tired breath, joohyun tries to glare at seulgi, but with the other woman grinning so widely that her eyes are just the most beautiful shapes of crescents, joohyun knows all too well that she is a goner.

“why are you like this?”

“should have swiped left, joohyun,” seulgi goes over to joohyun again, tilting her head up a little to leave a soft kiss on her lips, grinning still as she pulls away. “should have swiped left.”

“no painting with my pajama on!” joohyun yells as seulgi rushes to their doorway from the living room, laughing as she goes, finally cut off with the sound of the front door shutting close.

while joohyun is left in fear of her favourite pajama getting absolutely ruined, she is also self aware enough to know that waiting for seulgi in their home shirtless is one of her most favourite things to do.

--

More stories by bubunn