come with me, airplane, love (seulrene)

i write the songs that make the whole world sing

Irene simply can’t help herself as she focuses entirely on the blonde-haired dancer wriggling nervously in her seat in front of the elder girl. Around them, the buzz of the fan-event drives the air full of energy, the rest of her members talk animatedly amongst themselves, yet Irene can’t bring herself to pay attention to them. 

In her eyes, right then, there’s just Kang Seulgi.

She can tell that the younger girl is nervous, and for good reason honestly— SM Superstar is a hard game on its own, let alone playing on the harshest, easily punishable difficulty in public. But seeing Seulgi so adorably concentrated is doing things to Irene’s heart.

Again, she can’t help it.

The leader girl finds herself leaning down, resting her head on the table, smiling goofily up at Seulgi, who taps at the phone screen in earnest, setting up the rhythm game.

Adorable, she thinks to herself. Seulgi is adorable.

It’s only then that the dancer realizes that she’s being watched by someone other than their fans in the audience, and Seulgi’s eyes widen ever so slightly at the sight of her leader regarding her so affectionately.

Irene grins widely at her, trying to catch the bear-like girl off guard (Seulgi’s not shy about her obvious affection for her Irene-unnie, and Irene is not complaining in the slightest. She likes when Seulgi stares a second too long).

She fails. Oh! How she fails! How the mighty have fallen.

Because then, suddenly Seulgi’s moving closer, bringing her face tantalizingly closer to her leader’s, a teasing smirk on her lips, a little gleam in her eyes. Irene swears that her hearts stops, but then the only thing she can think of is, if I could kiss that look off your face...

What do you think you’re doing? Seulgi’s cat-like eyes ask, and Irene wants to swoon.

And then all too soon, she’s pulling back, that smirk dissolving into a small smile that’s still ridiculously cute in its own right.

And Irene is left breathless.

Come with me, blares the speakers from the game. Airplane. Love.

Yeah, that’s it. She’s a goner. 

Damn, I’m so in love.