it's our paradise and it's a warzone (stop stealing the blanket, dammit)

i write the songs that make the whole world sing

 

“You’re such a blanket-hogger!” Seulgi laughs, flopping backwards onto the mattress. Her arms sprawl out wide like a starfish, and she lets out an uncharacteristic giggle when one of her hands accidentally smacks against the blanket-burrito of her girlfriend, still refusing to move from her side of the bed.

Seulgi’s giggles persist until she lets out a surprised yelp when a deadly hand leaves the bundle of blankets, jabbing Seulgi’ side, right where she’s most ticklish. The slightly younger girl released yet another laugh, this one louder than the previous, and Irene lets out a low groan of all the suffering in the world.

“Why is it cold in the morning?” Irene questions, be the very existence of the concept. She nuzzles down further into the warmth, burying herself as far as she can go without sacrificing her vision.

Meanwhile, Seulgi chuckles at the pair of curious, wide brown eyes peering out at her from beneath the blankets.

“Well, Hyun,” Seulgi shrugs, scooching closer to her girlfriend, tangling her fingers in Irene’s dyed platinum blonde hair. She sneaks a quick peek at the bedside table clock before burying her face into the blankets, “It’s only 5 AM and the sun hasn’t risen yet.”

“5 AM?!” Irene flips over to gape at her. “Why on earth are we awake?”

“Because you’re a blanket-hogger and I got cold,” Seulgi says.

“I am not a blanket-hogger!”

Seulgi raises a perfectly arched eyebrow, pointedly looking at the rolled-up blankets covering solely Irene’s body.

“Mmhm, sure.”

“Ugh, fine,” the young woman grunted, begrudgingly unrolling the blanket and spreading it out over the bed once more. Seulgi lets out a quiet cheer, eagerly snuggling under the comforter and easing herself into a spooning position behind her girlfriend, who lets out a soft squeak at the suddenly body heat.

“Why are you so surprised?” Seulgi laughs, shaking her head. “We’ve been dating for how long now?”

“Your body is warm,” Irene only mumbles, twisting around in the slightly younger woman’s embrace to hide her face in the crook of Seulgi’s neck. “Don’t move, ‘kay? I don’t plan on getting up for at least the next two hours.”

Seulgi can only hum, already feeling herself drift off to sleep.

She lets out a yawn, making herself more comfortable, securing her arms around Irene’s waist.

“Sounds like a plan to me, Hyun,” she smiles.