PROLOGUE

The Lahling Chronicles: A Parallel Universe
Please log in to read the full chapter

“This is what I’m talking ‘bout, girls! Sun, Sea, Breeze… ahhh ain’t this perfect?!” exclaims Tasha.

The girls were relaxing outside their chalet, which had an infinity pool overlooking the sea. Gwen and Tasha were in the pool leaning on the edge of the pool with their chins resting on their hands, while Mandy and Ira were sitting under a makeshift tent, setup especially for them in front of their chalet.

“SSsshhhh… let’s just enjoy this moment right… here…” Gwen sighs and takes the sea breeze in. Her shoulders and legs were nicely tanned now since she and Tasha could soak in the sun comfortably from their private beach without people watching them prance around in their bikinis.

Tasha turns around and half-yells at Sierra. “Ira!! Stop with the phone already! Come and join us!”

“I cant! He’s sending me photos of his arms, like… how can I not look??” Sierra, also known as Ira to the Lahlings, turns her phone around and shows Tasha a photo from her phone. “Look at that perfection right there! Look! Why am I on this trip again? Look at what I’m missing!!” Sierra couldn’t take her eyes off her phone.

Sierra’s current squeeze, JK, was the subject of many of the girls’ debates. The Lahlings each had their own opinion on whose arms or abs or shoulders were better. Since all four girls had their share of issues with their men, everyone had major appreciation of the guys they ended up with. More often than not, JK’s thighs became a trigger subject and the Lahlings would giggle amongst themselves as they compare their men against each others’.

Tasha shakes her head and turns to Amanda. “You!! What’s your excuse? Why’ve you got your nose stuck on the phone screen again? You should be in the pool! We just got you that bikini!”

Mandy or Bammie, birth name Amanda, was smiling like an idiot while texting, she didn’t pay attention to what Tasha was saying. Mandy bit her lip and put up one hand signaling a stop sign. “Hold up. Lemme get back at this er here… and I will legit order that drink for you!”

This time it was Gwen’s turn to interrupt. “What drink?” She turns to Tasha. “Are we ordering drinks? It’s 11am though.”

“Don’t mind her, she’s -ting.” Tasha nudges Gwen and gives her that knowing look.

“You know, even though we’re like this, in our own world, like those two…” Gwen points to the two lovelorn girls under the tent.

Please log in to read the full chapter