[Treat You Better]

Instant Boyfriend Material [Kang Daniel]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously…

“Excuse me, do we have a problem here?” Daniel asked, taking his position next to Hani. She instantly grabbed his left arm with both hands for support.

Joon smirked, changing his attention to his new target. He scanned the guy in front of him from head to toe before speaking, “She claimed that you guys are dating. Is it true?”

“No,”

Hani’s grip weakened and her hands slid down from his arm while her heart dropped to the pit of her stomach, feeling her breath stuck in . He’s been announcing to everyone that he is her boyfriend and they even made it official. Why would Daniel say that now?

Continued…

 

Joon took the chance to forcefully grab Hani on the left wrist and pulled her towards him. He gave a hearty laugh and smiled smugly at her. “I knew it. You can’t fool me.”

Hani tried yanking her hands away. She hasn’t recover from the shocking answer Daniel said just now as Joon squeeze his grip tighter, making her wince. She was silently hoping that what she heard Daniel said just now was all a dream.

“Let her go.” Daniel stated with gritted teeth as he noticed that she was in pain. He gently held onto her right wrist, preventing her from being pulled away by Joon. He stepped closer to Hani and gazed gently at her before he glared angrily at the man in front of him.

“Why do you care? You’re a nobody to Hani.” Joon smirked as Daniel approached closer, Joon felt challenged seeing how Hani was obviously leaning to this new guy for safety.

It was as if they were playing tug-of-war with Hani as the rope when Joon tugged Hani towards him, increasing the distance between her and Daniel “Joon, just stop this!” Hani cried out, his tight grip on her wrist was starting to slow down her blood circulation.

“I’m her ex-” Joon ignored her, focusing his attention on Daniel who was starting to lose his patience.

“Well, I’m her current lover,” Daniel interrupted his sentence mid-way as he grabbed Joon’s hand, stopping him from treating Hani like a rag doll. “I’m warning you, hands off my girlfriend!” Daniel raised his voice, peeling Joon’s fingers off Hani’s wrist and pushing him forcefully so that Joon stumbled backwards, almost losing his balance. Daniel didn’t feel intimidated at all as he is taller and has a bigger physique compared to him.

“D-Daniel…” Hani muttered when she heard those words coming from him, he sounded very serious and she felt a sense of security in his voice.

Daniel continued, it’s his turn to smirk in Joon’s direction, “Hani is more than just my girlfriend,” he turned his head to face her. “She’s my soulmate.”

Joon furrowed his eyebrows while Hani slowly lifted her head up to look at her boyfriend, feeling alive again. Daniel interlaced their fingers together, giving her a comforting squeeze. He purposely answered NO the first time, planning to catch Joon off guard with his real answer. Daniel hoped that with this answer, it would get rid off Joon for good.

“I should thank you for breaking up with her. If not, I’ll never meet someone special like her.” He continued, this time facing her as his free hand cupped her cheek and caressed it lovingly. Hani held back the tears that were threatening to pool in her eyes.

“So, I’m warning you again. Stay away from Hani, don’t ever cross paths with her again or else I’ll…” Daniel trailed off, not ending his sentence but sending another death glare instead to Hani’s ex. No one knows what Daniel is capable of and he decided to leave the warning to Joon’s imagination.

Daniel turned his attention back to Hani and smiled as he sighed heavily, trying to calm himself. Joon was gritting his teeth at the sight of the lovely couple. He sent another scowl to Daniel before storming off angrily.

“Are you ok babe?” he asked as soon as Joon was out of their sight, softly rubbing her back as their hands were still interlocked. Daniel wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed the top of her head.

Hani nodded, leaning her head on his chest for comfort. “Thanks, I don’t think I’ll be able to handle him myself.”

“Everything alright?” Iseul asked as their group of friends approached them. They decided not to interfere the small fight earlier and only watched from afar, not wanting to make it worse.

“Thank goodness you’re here Daniel. Joon can be quite persistent.” Sohee added.

“I hope this is the last time we’ll ever see him.” He replied, eyes still not leaving Hani’s sight.

**************************************************************************************

Their planned group date was cut short and Daniel decided to bring Hani home earlier since he knew that she was not in the mood to enjoy the date anymore. Hani was now sitting on the couch in her living room, hugging her knees as she replayed what happened earlier that day.

Hani rested her chin on her knees as she reminisced her past relationship with Joon. Their relationship started like a bed of roses, he was sweet, she was happy. She realized it was much like her current situation with Daniel. However, a year into the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter