[Do You Know?]

Instant Boyfriend Material [Kang Daniel]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Picture above is what I imagined he would look like in this chapter*

Blue - Male POV

Pink - Female POV

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Mom! I need help here!” The son called out as soon as he reached his house.

His mother came running from the kitchen with her apron still on. She gasped loudly when she saw the scene at the entrance of her house.

“Oh my! What is going on!” she exclaimed while running towards her son.

He was holding a girl in his arms, drenched from the heavy rain outside. He would’ve been soaking wet too if it wasn’t for the raincoat he wore. He took off his shoes and hurriedly walked inside the house as he placed the girl on the leather couch.

“Mom, she fainted and she’s freezing cold.” He said while taking off the raincoat and taking the cat away from the girl’s arms.

The cat was still meowing faintly as he wrapped it in a thick towel and placed it on the warm kitchen counter. “What happened?” she asked.

“I s-saved her from inside the drain and then she just f-fainted!” The son stammered.

The mother saw how restless her son was and she decided to take charge. “Bring this girl into the guestroom. I’ll take care of her while you deal with the poor cat son,” she ordered.

She was rather surprised to see her son coming back from the store not with groceries, instead with a girl and a cat drenched from the rain. Their lives were more important so she decided to postpone all her questions after she took care of everything.

After a change of dry clothes, the son brought a bowl of warm water and some clean towels for Hani as requested by his mother. She soaked the towel, squeezed out the excess water and dabbed it gently to her face and neck. The poor girl was still shivering despite being unconscious.

“Can you get the thicker blankets in the closet?” The mother directed as her son obediently followed.

He covered Hani with the blanket and was pulling it up to her neck when she suddenly grabbed onto his wrist, murmuring softly. “D-Daniel… Daniel please…” Hani’s eyes were closed as she called out a specific name.

The mother saw a glimpse of her son’s stunned reaction before he quickly, but gently pulled his hand away. “I’m gonna check on the cat,” he said while pretending as if nothing happened.

“When you’re done, you have to look after this girl next. I need to prepare some food for her,” the mother reminded, as he nodded before closing the door behind him shortly after.

***************************************************

“You’re awake?” A low husky voice asked.

Hani blinked a few more times to clear her vision. The moment she saw his face, she immediately sat up and wrapped her arms around him in a tight embrace. “I’ve missed you Daniel! I thought I’d never see you again...” she cried out, sobbing into his chest.

The male was taken aback, he didn’t know what to make off the situation as he sat by the edge of the bed, still in Hani’s embrace. Noticing how he didn’t return the hug, she called him again, “Daniel?”

The man gently pushed her away, breaking the hug. “I’m sorry miss. My name is not Daniel,” he stated.

“W-what?”

“It’s… Euigeon. Kang Euigeon.”

Hani felt as if she was struck by lightning. A few months of torture from losing her loved one, she was hit with the news that this person who bears a strong resemblance to the person she missed the most, claimed that he was not who she thought he was.

She ran her eyes over him, examining his features. This person named Euigeon looked similar to Daniel but they are some subtle differences when she took a closer look. Instead of Daniel’s soft light brown hair that she loves to run her hands through whenever they shared a passionate kiss, this man in front of her has dark grey hair that gives off a dark green colour when lights reflected on it. His eyes, the one staring right into hers right now, gave off a charismatic aura as opposed to Daniel’s bright puppy-like eyes that managed to drown Hani in his world every time they shared eye-contact.

And that’s just the beginning, the way Euigeon dressed was also different –a tough cool guy image, compared to Daniel’s sweet casual, boy-next-door look. His presence exudes that of someone with a strong character, yet Hani could feel the subtle familiarity of her loving and caring boyfriend beneath his strong exterior.

Euigeon looks cold and tough but he's actually a gentleman. Hani remembered the feel of his strong yet gentle arms, leading her away for safety when he rescued her from the drain. How despite being taken aback by her sudden hug, he didn’t push her away in disgust, but spoke kindly while softly breaking off the hug. When she hugged him, it did feel different, yet it felt so right to be in his arms.

Feeling light-headed with the revelation, Hani shifted backwards, increasing the space between them. She wondered who is this man staring and sitting before her? Her higher than normal body temperature and the pain in made it worse, as she held her pounding head in one hand.

Using minimal energy she had left, Hani denied with a hoarse voice, “No. No. You’re Daniel. Kang Daniel, my boyfriend.”

Euigeon didn’t respond. He helped her to lay back on the pillows before speaking, “You’re still sick. We’ll talk later.”

Hani grabbed the end of his sleeve before he could pull away. “Please, stay here with me,” she pleaded.

“But I-” Euigeon tried to refuse, but changed his mind when he saw the state she’s in. “Fine, until you fall asleep.”

“Will you be here when I wake up too?”

“I can’t promise…” He answered, avoiding eye contact.

 

‘Hi, long time no see.’

A voice with no question marks, it’s so you

As if it’s a rule cast in stone,

your seat by the cold entrance is always the same.

 

“Son?” Mrs. Kang had to shake her son’s arm to get his attention.

“Y-yes omoni?”

“Did you get the cat food?” she repeated the question for the fifth time. He nodded, rummaging for the cat food inside a black plastic bag. “You seemed rather quiet since you brought the girl back.”

“It’s nothing,” Euigeon brushed it off, pulling out a small bowl from the cabinet to pour in the cat food. “How’s she?”

“Still sleeping. She needs to eat when she wakes up, she haven’t eaten anything,” the mother replied while watching her son feed the cat he brought back with the girl. “Should I bring it to her later?” she asked.

“I’ll do it omoni,” he answered, still occupied with the cat.

Mrs. Kang knows whenever her son is bothered by something, and she couldn’t help but to ask, “Is something the matter son?”

She placed a hand on his shoulder as his eyes were staring blankly at the cat, “You seem… to know this girl.”

The son still kept his silence, patting the cat who purred comfortably in his arms after it finished eating. “It’s fine if you want to keep it to yourself, but I know my son. You can always tell me anything, I’m ready to listen anytime,” she added, before going back to her cooking.

A while later, their guest entered the kitchen as she curiously scanned around the house. The mother noticed her presence first and welcomed her warmly into the kitchen, “You’re awak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter