[Their Present and Past]

Instant Boyfriend Material [Kang Daniel]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hani stirred in her sleep, slowly waking up from slumber. Her eyes squinted from the bright morning sun peeking through the curtains. She felt a pair of arms around her waist, turning around to face the warm presence behind her who was still in dreamland, too deep in his sleep. She loved the feeling of Daniel’s arms around her, he always gives off a comfortable and warm sensation.

How is it possible for you to look this cute in your sleep? She smiled to herself, moving strands of hair from his face.

“Just say it…” He suddenly mumbled, eyes tightly closed.

“Say what?” Hani chuckled amusedly.

“That I’m handsome… cute…”

She realized that he was talking in his sleep when he trailed off, without ending the sentence. She waved a hand in front of his face, but it didn’t have any effect.

“Daniel, wake up.” Hani tapped his cheek and continued playing with his hair.

He stretched his arms before slowly opening his eyes. “What time is it?” he asked, eyes barely opened.

She checked the clock on the wall. “8 o’clock.”

“Let’s sleep in,” he yawned, circling his arms back around her waist and pulled her closer.

He buried his head at the crook of her neck as she just shook her head in disbelief at him. This guy is such a baby…

Hani flicked his forehead, trying to wake him up again, “Rise and shine!”

“Ouch! Ok, I’m up! I’m up!” he whined, rubbing his sore forehead and sleepy eyes. He was awake now, facing her.

He whispered soothingly with his morning raspy voice, “Morning beautiful.”

Daniel smiled before kissing her forehead. It was just a peck, but he made his lips stay longer than necessary. Hani felt her heart beat quicken, the extreme intimacy together with his manly voice was too much for her in the morning. However, she didn’t really want to move away from him anyways.

“Morning sleepyhead,” she replied as he caressed her cheek gently.

Daniel tightened his embrace, resting his chin on top of her head. Hani could hear his steady heartbeats and feel his calm breathing. He her hair lovingly as she snuggled closer to him. No words were spoken, they were just silently listening to each other’s heartbeats and breathings.

She almost thought that he went back to sleep for being so quiet, but he finally broke the silence. “We don’t have any plans to get out of bed right?” Daniel chuckled as Hani nodded in agreement.

“You have amusing sleeping habits,” she suddenly commented.

Hani recalled waking up in the middle of the night to his teeth grinding and constant moving in his sleep. She was abruptly woken up too when he hugged her a little too tight with his legs wrapped around hers like a koala hugging a tree.

He was wide awake now, “Sorry! Did I disturb your sleep?” Giving her a bad impression of him was the last thing on his boyfriend material list.

“It’s ok, this will be the last time I sleep over at your house though.” Hani joked.

He had a look of dismay, his lips slowly turning into a pout as he took her hand and rubbed the back of it with his thumb. “I’m sorry. My sleeping habits tend to come out when I’m really tired. I understand if you don’t want to.”

Hani buried her face in his chest to stop herself from laughing at his adorable expression, but he could see her shaking shoulders and hear her muffled giggles.

“Hey, did you just trick me?” he pushed her shoulders to take a better look at her face, Hani nodded while still smiling. He purposely messed up her hair and locked her in his tight embrace, his heart soften at her smile.

Rooney suddenly jumped onto the bed, startling them. It snuggled itself between the couple and placed its paw on Daniel’s face as it meowed, signaling to be fed breakfast.

“I guess that means it’s time to get up now.” Daniel sighed, the cat’s head.

Much to their reluctance, the couple peeled away from each other as Daniel walked towards his closet and Hani sat up at the side of the bed as she picked Rooney up in her arms. She let out a short but quiet gasp when he casually took off his shirt, throwing it to the laundry basket before hanging a towel on his shoulder. Daniel rummaged his closet for a few more items before walking towards her.

He placed a hoodie sweater, a fresh towel and a spare toothbrush at the edge of the bed. “You can change into this. It’s mine so it might be a few sizes bigger.”

Hani quickly shifted her attention to the items on the bed and nodded in return. “T-thanks.”

He noticed and knew why she was avoiding eye contact in his direction. “It’s not like you’ve never seen me like this before,” he remarked with a playful smirk on his lips.

This time, it’s his turn to . She replayed the scene when they were locked in her bathroom, from catching him shirtless to falling down on the floor with him on top of her. Instantly, her cheeks heat up.

“I’ll use the bathroom first,” Hani placed Rooney back on the bed and grabbed the items before making a beeline for the door.

“Bathroom is that way,” Daniel pointed in the opposite direction she was heading.

Hani bit her lower lip, turning around towards the right direction as she lowered her head in embarrassment. “Come out for breakfast when you’re done!” he shouted from the other side as soon as she closed the door.

***

Daniel finished getting ready faster than Hani as he headed to the kitchen with Rooney tailing him from behind. He refilled the cat’s bowl and replaced its water before opening the door of the fridge, scanning its contents. He took out some eggs along with sausages and grabbed a frying pan to start cooking.

Hani came down minutes later and entered the kitchen quietly, admiring the sight before her. She approached him and naturally gave him a back hug as she nuzzled her face in his broad shoulders. He couldn’t stop the big smile forming on his face.

“You must’ve waited to do this for so long,” Daniel snickered, gesturing at how tight her arms were wrapped around him. “I don’t get it. One moment you’re shy, the next moment you’re being bold.”

“Shut up and just let me enjoy this moment.” Hani blushed at his teasing. She was thankful that she was standing behind him.

She pulled her face away after awhile and peeked from behind him, arms still around his torso. “What are you making?”

He held her hands that were on his stomach with his left hand as he checked the doneness of his cooking, “Just eggs and sausages.”

“Need help?”

“I’m almost done here, but maybe you can get the plates for me?” Daniel pointed towards the upper cabinet while tuning off the stove.

He half-regretted asking her favor, but couldn’t help but to smile at the cute sight of Hani standing on her toes to reach for the plates. He made a mental note to place the kitchen supplies on the lower cabinets for her convenience next time. “Never mind, let me do it.”

“No! I almost got it!” she exclaimed, fingers touching one of the plates before Daniel grabbed two plates and closed the cabinet with the same hand.

“And risk the plates falling on you and getting hurt? No, thanks.” he reasoned and handed the plates to her. “Here you go, Kiddo.”

“I don’t need a reminder that I’m shorter than you,” she frowned and stuck a tongue out playfully at him as she set up the table.

“I like calling you kiddo,” he replied by nudging her playfully with his elbow. He placed the cooked eggs and sausages equally in each plate while she took out the bread from the toaster.

“Fine, I will try my best not to call you that. But I can’t make any promises,” he reasoned, placing the pan in the sink and grabbing two glasses of juice.

She pinched his arm in annoyance while he just pecked her lips and smiled in return, succeeding in making her stop and blush more that morning. “Let’s eat!”

They exchanged happy smiles while eating breakfast and Hani couldn’t get bored from gazing at the guy sitting in front of her. He just laughed at her, knowing that she doesn’t hide her attraction towards him anymore.

“You look good in my clothes,” Daniel noted, waking her up from her daze.

Hani blushed, it’s a compliment to hear those words from your boyfriend. It made her feel more connected to him. “I still have the other one you gave me last time.”

“You can keep it, as a token of our first date.” She beamed in delight, continuing her staring activity just now.

Daniel chuckled, putting down his fork and gazed at her as well. “On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your boyfriend?” he asked playfully.

“Like a 100…” She whispered to herself. As much as she liked him, it was too embarrassing to admit it to him.

What did she do to deserve a boyfriend like this? He’s so sweet, charming and manly at the same time. Exactly her ideal type. Then, it struck her, she was the one who ‘created’ him this way. Maybe, his real personality is nothing similar to what he was showing her right now. She felt her heart dropped a bit at the possibility of the truth, but she tried to dismiss the feeling by asking a question.

“Are you like Baymax?” Hani had her doubts.

Although she said it as a joke, but he does resemble the soft and marshmallow-like robot in the cartoon from his milky white skin to fluffy and soft personality –contrary to his manly and hot exterior– . Daniel just laughed at her silliness, face scrunched up forming an eye-smile and wide toothy smile.

Hani contemplated before taking the courage to ask him more questions. “How old are you?”

“I think we’re around the same age,” he answered the question indirectly.

“Then, are you still studying or already working?” she continued, taking a bite of the sausage.

“Both. I’m a dance major. I’m also a part-time dance instructor and co-own a café with some friends.” His answers came out naturally that she didn’t know if they were rehearsed or he’s telling the truth.

Daniel didn’t know why he was telling her the truth willingly. It was as if he wanted her to know the real him. Usually the assigned girlfriends will either make up a fake background profile for him to follow or he will tell them anything but the truth because he knew that the relationship was temporary. Of course, she didn’t need to know about his past assignments.

Hani on the other hand was deep in thoughts after she realized there was so much that she didn’t know about him. Still, she felt her decision to not reject him as her boyfriend was worth it. This man sitting in front of her is close to perfection and she wondered how the hell did she managed to score Kang Daniel, out of the tons of other guys the boyfri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter