[Wake-Up Call]

Instant Boyfriend Material [Kang Daniel]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Daniel wasn’t much of a club-goer. He prefers the comforts of his warm bed to unwind at the end of a tiring day rather than a place with party music booming from the enormous speakers, reeking with the smell of alcohol, cigarette smoke and sweaty people. His current assigned girlfriend on the other hand, prefers the lively atmosphere of nightclubs where you could go absolutely crazy and worriless, seeing how no one cares about nothing except having fun.

 

He rejected countless of invitations to join her on the dance floor after he luckily found a quiet corner by the bar away from the blaring music and flashing colourful lights. Daniel had asked for a refill of his non-alcoholic beverage for the nth time, much to the bartender’s displeasure each time, hoping that he would at least order something more expensive. However, he would never drink while on duty as an assigned boyfriend especially not on dates that involved nightclubs despite his high alcohol tolerance.

 

Daniel could care less about what his new girlfriend thinks about him or what Madam K would write about him in her latest report, as his mind was occupied with more pressing matters of how he is going to resign from the agency and get back together with his beloved Hani. Seeing how much she was physically and emotionally affected by their break-up during his recent encounter with her, made him realize that he couldn’t afford to lose Hani especially not to someone else.

 

He suddenly lost sight of his new girlfriend when he scanned the overcrowded dance floor. Daniel grumbled under his breath before reluctantly slid off the chair to search for her. He still couldn’t locate her whereabouts after a few minutes of wandering aimlessly inside the club as more people started pouring in. He stopped the vain search just as his eyes caught sight of a familiar group of people sitting by one of the tables.

 

Upon further evaluation, Daniel recognized the group of people and identified one of them as the love of his life, Lee Hani. He rushed to her, forcefully pushing through the crowd and wondering if his eyes were playing tricks on him. Hani was seated in the booth, staring blankly at her full glass of beer, not having even the slightest urge to take a sip of the alcohol.

 

Before Daniel could reach her, another guy beat him to it as Hani gave him a small smile, acknowledging her acquaintance with the new guy. They were obviously just sharing a conversation, but Daniel felt something tugged at his heartstrings when the guy managed to make the small smile on Hani’s face turn into a giggle –a gesture that he missed seeing from her. He couldn’t bear to see them sharing another lovey-dovey moment and decided to announce his presence to the duo.

 

“Hani?”

 

The girl looked up when she heard the familiar voice and gasped, “Euigeon?” She guessed and wondered if she should be calling his other name instead.

 

Daniel sent a threatening glare at the new guy before grabbing Hani by the wrist, “We need to talk.”

 

“Let go Euigeon-sshi!” He ignored her shouts as he pulled her out of the deafening noise to a more quiet sidewalk outside the club. “Kang Daniel let go of me!” Hani finally yelled out the name that she has been avoiding to address him, in order to get his attention as she tried to yank her hands away from his grip.

 

Daniel still had a tight grasp on her wrist, being cautious not to cause her discomfort but enough to keep her close to him. “What are you doing here? Is that Kang Dongho? Didn’t I tell you not to agree on a date with him?” He chided in a voice loud enough to get her full attention on him.

 

Hani stared at him in disbelief, did Kang Daniel really just scolded her? Although, she couldn’t deny feeling her heart skipped a few beats to see his jealous side. She has given up the attempt to break free from his grip on her, seeing how it didn’t make her feel uncomfortable. “So what? Didn’t I tell you that you have no more business to tell me what I should or shouldn’t do?” she reminded him again.

 

Daniel let out a heavy sigh before moving his hand from her wrist to slip his fingers in between hers as he gently puller her closer. He could smell her familiar floral scent that he never knew he missed so much. “Lets start over our relationship,” he offered.

 

Hani was ready to give him another piece of her mind before she stopped, noticing that he was no longer raising his voice. “E-excuse me?” she wasn’t sure she caught what he said.

 

“Hani, I want to go out with you again.” Daniel repeated, more earnestly this time. He sounded so sincere that Hani almost melted at those words.

 

was agape, she was close to saying yes when an important fact disturbed her train of thoughts. “You already have a girlfriend Daniel!” No matter how much she loves him, she would never turn Daniel into a cheater.

 

“She’s just another client from the agency and I don’t love her!” He quickly responded, bringing her even closer to him. Hani was caught off guard when Daniel pressed his lips on hers, kissing her tenderly. He pulled away a moment later and caressed her cheek as he confessed the words that he has been keeping to himself, “I love you.”

 

Hani pushed his hand away from her face, knowing very well that she would melt from his touch. “After what you made me go through, you think it’s easy to just kiss and make up?”

 

“Then what should I do? I’ll do anything for you babe,”

 

“Euigeon, I mean Daniel… argh I don’t even know who you are! How do I accept you when there are so many secrets between us?! This is all so confusing! I… I can’t think right now,” Hani was holding onto her head that was now throbbing as she also felt slightly nauseous.

 

“Babe, I can’t forget you that easily,” Daniel added.

 

“And I can’t forgive you that easily,” Hani retorted.

 

“Hani, is everything alright?” Kang Dongho called out to Hani after searching for her inside the club. Daniel rolled his eyes and was about to tell him off when Hani peeled his hands away from her and turned her full attention to the newcomer.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter