[Don't Forget]

Instant Boyfriend Material [Kang Daniel]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please read while listening to the song!

Pink - Lyrics in Hani's POV

Blue - Lyrics in Daniel's POV

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

This cold wind blows over us

And I become rain inside your heart

 

Daniel lips curved into a small smile while he Hani’s hair softly. He stared at her peaceful sleeping face and sighed sadly. What he wanted to do and what he needed to do contradict and he felt a painful tug at his heart.

“I wish it could be different…” he muttered, gently kissing her on the forehead.

Hani rustled in her blankets while mumbling sleepily with her eyes still closed, “I still want to sleep in Daniel…”

He laughed quietly at the lovable sight, but felt melancholic again knowing that, this would probably be the last time he could see that side of her. He could literally feel the hurt in his heart as he clutched his chest,  eyes glistened with tears that were threatening to fall. Daniel wanted so much to embrace Hani tightly as they cuddle on a lazy morning.

He tucked her warmly in the blankets, hoping that she wouldn’t suddenly wake up. He couldn’t bear to say goodbye and see her cry, it would just make it harder for him to leave.

 

I can’t ever see you again

It makes things hard

Only the past, beautiful memories remain

 

“Remember me even in your dreams,” he whispered and pecked her lips lightly, but letting his lips linger for a while before leaving the room.

His footsteps felt heavy as he took in the sight of Hani’s house, recalling all the moments they spent together. A soft meow woke him up from his daze, as he looked down at Peter who was snuggling on his feet. Daniel picked the cat up and it purred in his arms.

“Why do I want Hani to remember me?” he asked, purely to himself.

Routinely after every assignment, Daniel would have to cut ties with the assigned girlfriends. It didn’t matter if they forgot him or erase him completely from their lives. He treated his previous assignment as mere business, doing his best but still keeping his feelings in check.

 

Rule number 7: The designated boyfriend has to be sincere throughout the relationship but he is forbidden from falling in love with his assigned girlfriend.

 

Sincere. Being sincere means you have to behave free from pretense or deceit. Saying what you genuinely feel or believe, not to lie or be dishonest. It also means, even feelings have to be genuine.

Daniel never had a problem with this particular rule. Most of the clients were nice and pretty but none of them made him feel genuinely attracted. He was simply hired as a short-term boyfriend. There were no lingering feelings from both sides as they had goals to achieve.

 

Even though it’s over now

You remain forever in my heart

We’re breaking up like this

But let’s promise never to forget our love

 

This was what Daniel feared the most when he first started, catching feelings. He couldn’t deny that he grew fond of Hani and now, he has deve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter