Coincidence or An Incident

Fated Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

4 They both entered into the restaurant and for Chaeyoung its so far so good.

 

She had silently regarded him just now.

 

Jungkook has the kind of looks which are nice to the eyes but without over exaggerating his features. His asian features were accentuated with his big eyes that shone bright, and a sharp jawline that displayed masculinity;  it brought great feeling of attraction to her. It was nice and refreshing. 

 

The familiar welcoming greeting by the restaurant staff made her giggle. She looked to her date to see his reaction.

 

Well, he looked, to be honest a bit embarrassed. But he lets out a bright almost sheepish smile to her, seeming to understand the feeling of the restaurant.

 

She was honestly delighted that her date was not one of those rude people who simply got annoyed by simple customer service. It really is easier to smile at this world rather than to frown at it. 

 

She made her way through the restaurant; taking a corner towards the side of restaurant that had a glass wall facing to the outside.

 

She laughed and turned back at him, “It’s very welcoming, isn’t it?”. 

 

As he followed her from behind, he then replied with a nod, 

“Yep. “ he hummed, “..a good customer service takes effort.”

Following her lead, to slide into a booth by the window, he continued, “but it takes a lot more, for it to be a memorably distinct one.” he chuckled honestly.

It was obvious that he was a bit amused at this restaurant customer service but commend it for its creativity, Chaeyoung thought he looked proud even!

Settled in a seat now, he faces her and said with a smile, “A little embarrassing sometimes, but it makes you feel welcomed.. What else would you need ?,” he continued again with more conviction.

 

Chaeyoung just smiled broadly to him and nodded in agreement. His response made her admire him just a bit more. 

‘He is saying all the right things!’ Chaeyoung thought. 

‘To see a positive outlook on things that people usually just pass by was a trait that should be recognise for. She likes it. 

 

“But I think the owner is just someone who is just loud in general.” he adds absentmindedly, sniggering and enjoying the smile that was plastered on Chaeyoung. 

 

She giggled too, warming up to his outlook of things. “I guess so!” Smiling widely, totally relieved that his looks isn’t the only quality he had. And if their meeting just now was anything to go by, its clear he had manners too! 

 

A young waitress then came and put menus for the both of them. Quickly informing she would come by again; to serve them water. 

 

They thanked her and started to open the menu. 

 

"Soo what..?" He started.

"How did you..?" She said.

 

They both said simultaneously. Both of them seem to be eager in initiating a conversation.

 

Chaeyoung laughed nervously, she got a bit embarrassed and tried to flip through the menu, skimming over it for something that she could easily order. 

 

Jungkook smiled and shook his head gently and said, "Well ladies first."  

 

She grins at him and said, “Mm, alright then," glad to take up his offer, she rested her elbows onto the table; in a manner to show that she was keen for this conversation.

“How did you know about this restaurant? People outside of this area usually wouldn't know..  Unless you’re from around here..?” She enquired curiously. 

 

“Well, firstly, I’m not originally from anywhere around here, “ he started, “I’m originally from Busan,” he added a smile to his statement. 

 

Chaeyoung gave him back a knowing smile, "Ah, I thought I’ve heard that slang somewhere, but I couldn’t quite place it.”

 

“Really?," Jungkook leaned forward, intrigued that she had heard his slight slang.

Most people can't even hear his slang, much less recognise where it came from. He thought his accent will be long gone now, given how rare he goes back. Especially when his parents moved too.  

"Well I guess Seoul did change me a bit.” Jungkook admitted honestly.

 

“But there are hints of it.. if you pay really good attention, its there. ” She added, cheeks slightly tinging, revealing that she listens to what he says very closely.

'Good god, why do I feel so shy?' she questions herself in her own thoughts.

 

Unaware of what happened, he said, “Yeah true, all my best friends told me I had it, first time I came here. Anyways, back to your question," he was ready to boast about Jin,  "I know of this restaurant becaus-“

 

He was cut off from saying anything further; when a server's arm interrupted his eye contact with her.

 

Chaeyoung who saw the server, a gentleman this time; poured water into their glasses. She thanked the person, slightly bowing to him in the process. 

 

Jungkook kept his eyes on her. He muttered his thanks too while still watching her with her immaculate manners and what not.

It didn't make sense. No matter what he did he couldn’t keep his eyes of off her.

He was not sparing a glance; as he waited for the server to finish.

 

Suddenly aware that he was staring at her yet again, he changes his line of sight at the menu he was holding on.

Jungkook was about to say something, when the waiter before them, then said pointedly to both of them, “Are you guys ‘Ready to order?" 

 

Chaeyoung looked to the server before turning towards Jungkook and said, “Hmm I don’t think so, but are you ready Jungkook?”

 

Eyes still glued on the menu, he shook his head and said, “No we’re not ready yet, “ he paused as he skips through the menu, and continue, “but we’ll take the appeti-“

When Jungkook finally lifts his eyes to face the server properly, he was momentarily shocked. He suddenly got chocked by his own saliva.

 

Chaeyoung was looking wonderingly at the server when Jungkook suddenly grasped his own throat. He was coughing and his face turned red from the lack of air.

She lets out a gasp and quickly slide nearer to him to to pat his back hard to get rid of whatever was blocking his airway. She though of doing the Heimlich, but in that moment, Jungkook was already having a few calming breath after coughing hard. 

 

He had to take a few sips of the water served to them before he gained his breathing again.

 

She gave out a relieved sigh. She slowly slided back to her intial position, but it was nearer than before though. She was genuinely worried at what just happened and asked, “Gwenchanayo Jungkookssi,??” 

(trans:Are you okay,Jungkook?)

 

Chaeyoung witnessing that, made it harder for him to maintain his face from getting even redder than it already is. He muttered a quick affirmation that he was fine.

 

He turned to look at the server or also known as; his cousin, his hyung, Seokjin.

He could not believe his eyes.

 

‘What is he doing here??’ 

 

The server who sports a ‘Seokjin’ name-tag, was standing by them before letting out an innocent grin; that to the world re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter