Dreaming or Imagining

Fated Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5.

This date is now definitely on full swing! They were conversing comfortably and believe it or not, he had to pinch himself a couple of times to confirm he was not dreaming or imagining this, but he was truly enjoying Chaeyoung’s company and the date.

 

Fast forward to 35 minutes later; they were done with their respective choice of brunch, him the big chicken parmigiana as per usual and her the newly added recipe chicken cordon blue that Jin insisted her to try. 

 

“So how long has Jin worked here?”

Chaeyoung enquired after the said man had taken both their plates and cleared their table away for desserts. She looked to the figure that was walking away from them. 

 

He had guessed that she would ask this question, “Hm, as long as I could remember..?” Jungkook replied resting his forearms on the table leaning forward. “I guess you could say he partly raised me. I left Busan at 15 cause the bills were tight for my parents, my auntie loved me terribly and Jin said there were many opportunities here, so yeah.” He smiled reminiscently.

 

She then said, “Thats nice right..? And to have him being supportive too." she shrugged lightly twirling the napkin on the table with her hands.

"I never knew how that feels," she looked straight into his eyes.

 

He rested his back and said again, "What do you mean?" His eyebrows crunched slightly in a unintended frown.

 

She nodded her head "I don’t have any.”

Chaeyoung’s statement quieted things down a bit.

 

“You don’t have any cousins?” Jungkook asks her. He was surprised. He never actually thought that was possible.

“Your parents don’t have any siblings?”

 

In which she hummed in reply with a quick nod of her head and said “Yeah my mom is an only child, and my dad’s family.. we were never close. I never actually asked him about it, and he never talked about it either so my family chose to just let it be..?” She shrugged, lifting her shoulders lightly.

 

“Well thats a shame. My other cousins can be super annoying I have to say, but to have a hyung that has your back whatever happen is not something that you can easily find.” He was being completely honest to her and he indeed was grateful for his cousin no matter how much he . The best thing about this teasing is that, no matter how much he despises it, he enjoys it either way. And he thinks its the same for Jin hyung too. 

 

His date nodded seeming to understand what his words meant. Her long brown locks came in forward after she readjusted her seating, hiding a side of her face.

Jungkook had to resist this urge to just gently push it back, in order for him to see her full face once again. He guesses that Chaeyoung could read his mind, as she did exactly that, a few seconds after he thought about it.

Is that a mole under her lips? He chuckled to himself. 'Just like mine?'

 

Catching himself from staring at her even more, he mumbled out as an after thought, “Uhh, I think I really don’t know what I would do without my cousins.” He added again just for the sake of it. "I mean how have you manage to hold on?" He added awkwardly completing it with a gauging, anxious laughter. 

With that statement her eyebrows quirked a tad bit.

 

Ah, damn it, why did you say that Jungkook; now she's going to despise you for having cousins that she never had!

 

Chaeyoung again shrugged her shoulders at that, in a way to show that she was not particularly affected by what he said, “Well I get that I guess, " she remained undeterred, "but though I don’t have any cousins,“ she put her fingers to a quote unquote gesture, “but I still do have great deal of friends that supports me.” She looked to Jungkook, rounding her own eyes and lifting her brows to show to him.

 

He read her actions and bulged his eyes out a bit, “Yeah, yeah of course you do! Its.., I mean you would definitely have people that support you! You must have... “

did I mess this up? 

“I just, um I did not mean anything by that Chaeyoung its just....”

 

“Pshahha..,”Chaeyoung burst out laughing, her body frame silently shaking. The lock of her hair from before that she had pushed back, came back to curtain her face once again, hiding him again from the full view of her face.

 

To say that he was shocked was an understatement! He felt his cheeks grew red and shook his head gently.

 

Despite her hair framing her face, he could still definitely see the big smile plastered on her face. With all that giggling though, she did manage to say, “I’m only joking Jungkook.” She laughed pointing a bit to Jungkook, and he thought her cheeks could not have widen even more given how big she is smiling towards him.

 

He was deeply embarrassed, but he could not deny that he was fighting his own grin from showing on his face. Partly because the girl in-front of him had one of the most contagious smiles he has ever seen.

 

Damn, is it 'Mess with Jungkook' Day? She played me. 

 

He shook his head a bit, his lips a bit, as Chaeyoung took a sip of her water.

 

She was still grinning widely to him as the last of her laugh finally died down, and he just smiled at her.

 

“Now I didn’t know you were this mischievous.” He lifted his eyebrow and said, “Safe to say that Lisa is most definitely included in your supportive people?” He did the quote unquote just like she did.

 

“Yep!” She agreed without hesitating. “She is my greatest girl friend ever. No one could ever replace her, everr” Chaeyoung beamed and continued with great emphasis on the ever.

 

“She is lucky to have a friend like you.” He gave his honest observation. He knew Lisa longer than Chaeyoung but he knows that Lisa’s positive energy must be because of the people that she surrounds herself with and right now the time he is spending with her seems to prove his observation right.

 

He feels wonderful to be here with her right now; though she did just played him minutes ago.

 

To his statement, Chaeyoung humbly negates, “I would say the opposite actually. I'm lucky to have Lisa as my friend. I don’t usually say it, but she is my vitamin.” She smiled at him.

 

They are both lucky to have each other. He thought.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter