Bikes or Kites

Fated Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6.

They were now walking side by side at the pavement of the city. It was a great day to spend the day outside, so both of them just wanted to walk around a bit, give some good processing time for their food just now.

Chaeyoung wanted to split the bills of their brunch, but Jungkook kept on insisting that it was the least he could do. He reasons, that she can pay for their ‘whatever next activity’ they wanted to do. That subsequently made up her mind to agree with his suggestion. One, cause maybe he wanted to at-least pay tribute to the restaurant his cousin is working in and two, it made sure that their meeting today is not ending as of yet. She has a feeling that it was leaning more towards the latter one. Because funnily, just the thought made some weird inexplainable excitement coursing through her. Weird. 

 

“So,” she trails of, “what do you want to do now?” she asks of him as they walk across a bridge that leads to another sidewalk naturally beside a rather medium-sized river. The summer breeze was lightening up her mood so much.

She had a bit of a spring in her step as she took in the view of the river. She adores Seoul, not only because it is where her family are originally from, but also because of how in the midst of all the buildings and technology, you can still find sparks of nature here and there. If you look and search hard enough to find it, the result may as well astound you.

“Hm, “ her date seem to think about it when he said, “how about riding one of those?” Jungkook pointed towards a park not too far from them. There seems to be a collection of rows upon rows of bikes in different sizes through out.

She could see bicycles all in different shape and sizes; some had a leaning seat, other comes with 3-tired ones. There were also bicycles that had those with a 2 seaters and 3 seaters! She guesses you could also rent roller-skates, as they both saw it worn by 2 young girls; casually speeding along the pavement they were on, with neon lights that constantly and off. So pretty!

It was a nice summer day, so it seems like everyone was taking the opportunity to enjoy it while it lasts. They could see the park filled with people; and most of them with their families out on a weekend.

 

“How about those?!” She excitedly exclaimed while looking and pointing at a somewhat colourful trishaw that was handled by a man alone. The trishaw was coming their way and some famous kpop girl group song was playing. It was accompanying the trishaw through the small speaker attached at the side of the vehicle.

 

I think its Boombayah by Blackpink! Chaeyoung thought.

She was looking with astonishment to the back seat that seems to seat an elderly couple that was out to enjoy their day. They were lightly bobbing their heads too!

Well, kudos to Blackpink! She has always liked that girl group! (A/n: I just had to, I’m sorry lol )

 

The man who was cycling though, was panting heavily, probably because they were going slightly up hill in their direction. Jungkook and Chaeyoung both were totally amazed at the man’s determination as he cycled past by them.

 

They both chuckled to one another as they walked nearer to the centre of it all.

The noises were everywhere; children running around; some with their parents some with friends. A group of guys were trying out drones; it was all linked like a one big event, that she definitely wanted in with all the excitement.

 

Jungkook came to a stop and turned his head to her,

“So, are we up for it? The bikes I mean,“ He asks of her again, nudging his head towards the direction of the bicycles.

She looks to Jungkook and smiled broadly.

“Are we up for it?” She asked him in disbelief. “Hell. Yes. We are..! Let's go!” She started to head to the rental stalls of those bicycle she then saw, “Wahh!!” Stopping mid walk, she pulled on his arm, just as she saw another sight that amazed her.

 

At a clearing beside the park, there were also people flying their kites!

“Jungkook, look! Daebak!” How she had not seen it sooner, baffled her.

"Oh?" He said in wonder. "Wha..? Waaaah..!" Finally seeing what she was seeing. There were big trees lined at the side, probably the reason why they could not see it just now. Her hand was still hooked onto his arm, but neither of them seem to notice it.

She was definitely surprised at everything that was going on. Had she been cooped up all these years? She has been living in the same apartment for 3 years already, did she missed all 3 summers?!

“Wow, look! That one is super cool!” Jungkook directed his finger up towards a kite that looks very much like a dragon.

How they manage to create such a thing is just incredible!

“Yeah! And, oh my god, look at the dog one!” she slightly shrieked and turned towards him in bewilderment. She smiled and he did the same to her and then they were both looking at it once again.

“Oh.. aww,” she added, “now that kite reminds me of Melbourne.” A hint of a somber tone.

“Hm?” Jungkook enquired. “Reminds you of what?”

She laughs lightly, “Melbourne,” she repeated. “That one, the long one. The different colours are exactly the same.”

She saw him turned to look back towards the sky, and probably saw what she pointed out.

He nodded as he saw it, “Its beautiful. But why Melbourne though?”. He asks ever innocently.

“Ah,“ well how exactly would he know right Chaeyoung, “I, uh, live there before. I mean I was born here but I was raised there. Until like high school..? I finished my studies here though.” She explains herself.

 

She gauges his expression to the new knowledge. She hopes the new info does not bother him, because sometimes when she told someone of where she was before she came here, people think of her of someone without knowledge of Korea. She does admit that maybe she does not know as much about the country as her peers that are born and raised here; but that does not mean she does not love the place where her family originates from.

 

She looked back towards the sky. “Many of my friends are there. My own brother is still there.” She added, and a serene smile was seen; as Jungkook nodded but continues to observe her.

 

Chaeyoung’s brother Jimin is actually only 2 years older than her. They hardly ever see each other face to face but their brother and sister relationship was still so tight. Her brother should get all the credit though, cause he has always been the one looking out for her. Even when she came back to Korea with a full scholarship with her own hopes and dreams; Jimin had been the one accompanying her back the first week she was here and basically allowing her to settle in comfortably. Her parents said they were proud of her too, but she guesses they had their own work to do, and they did grab a quick dinner together but that was it. Its not like she sees much of them anyways so she didn't particularly mind. Safe to say, Chaeyoung essentially had her life by her shoulders

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter