Nervous or Excited

Fated Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 Chaeyoung took a deep breath in front of the full length mirror in her room, judging the way she looks in the outfit she had chosen. 

 

Park Chaeyoung had chosen her own stylised jean jacket paired with favourite black leggings. It seems perfect for the simple restaurant they agreed on, and her date did tell her to dress casual, so that they could do something else after the brunch date. 

 

She smiled slightly to herself as she suddenly thought that all of this is just little bit surreal. 

 

It was just about a week ago when Lisa said in their cycling class, that the set up date for her will be coming true and its with one of Bambam's best friends.

 

Chaeyoung was confused at first when Lisa said so. Because she did not remember ever agreeing to such a thing, but when Lisa recalled her own promise to move on and start back her love life, with Lisa's set up date being the first step; she then sadly remembered how she had been drunk enough to said yes to it. 

 

However now, as she puts on her light makeup and start getting all her stuff to put inside her small sling bag, it quietly struck her how she does not feel any regrets at the moment.

 

 If she was being honest with herself, she might even admit that she is excited for it.

 

Yes, her boyfriend left her for another, 7 months ago.

 

Yes, she felt herself get hurt until she felt like she could die. 

 

And yes, sometimes life .

 

But now, as she takes the steps out of her apartment for the intended date, her steps feels light. 

 

She felt that even if this date does not work out, at least she’ll be able to say that she can go out with a guy, without constantly getting reminded of her ex. Because now, at least , she can finally move on.

 

-- 

 

Chaeyoung got out of her apartment complex and started walking to the restaurant intended. She was surprised when Lisa told her that the date will be placed at a restaurant nearby her apartment. She received her date's phone number from Lisa, and they had exchanged text a couple of times. Mostly just her introducing herself, him telling the place of the restaurant and she informing him of what time she'll be there. Really all casual talk. 

 

She did not tell him that she will be walking and that her apartment was near, but just said that she will meet him there at 12 in the afternoon. 

 

The weather was perfect. It was not too hot considering that it was summer, but not too cold either. It was just right.

 

Right when Chaeyoung turned the corner of the road that leads to said restaurant, her phone rang. 

 

Chaeyoung got it out from her pocket and saw that Lisa was calling. 

 

At once Chaeyoung picked it up.

 

"Deh, Lisa?" She spoke through while carefully walking in the sidewalk.

 

"Oh, Chaeng, odiso?" (Trans: Where are you?)

 

"I'm on my way to the restaurant now. Why?"

 

"Hee, just checking up you. You're okay?" 

 

Lisa's cheerful voice at the end made her smile. Grateful that she has a friend who cares so much about her.

 

"Haha, yes I'm doing fine." She reassures Lisa.

 

"No sudden flashbacks?"

 

"Nope." She shook her head though obviously Lisa can’t see her. 

 

"No sudden tears?" Lisa gauges for any reaction. Chaeyoung could picture Lisa big eyes lifting her eyebrows while questioning her.

 

"Thankfully no." Chaeyoung said, surprising even herself.

 

"No sudden breakdown of 'I don't want to do this anymoreee'?" Lisa said with an exaggeration ; it was clear that she was joking to relief any possible tension in her best friend.

 

Chaeyoung said with a giggle, "Good god, no, hahaha."

 

Lisa is such a vitamin in Chaeyoung's life. She is there since forever and Chaeyoung would never trade her for anything else. 

The same goes for Lisa. Other people might see her as a bit too, 'out there'. 

 

But Chaeyoung gets her. Chaeyoung gets Lisa's way. Therefore, they were inseparable. 

 

Lisa then said, "Right, I just called to check up on you. Bam told me that your date is nervous.”

 

Chaeyoung had to quickly chuckled at that, not really believing Lisa. 

“Pssht, yeah right. I think he’s more nervous not knowing how I look like.” 

 

Though Chaeyoung had to give him some credit, because he agreed to the date without knowing anything about her. It was truly a blind date for him.

The same could not be said for her. Lisa was far too eager to show her a photo after she agreed with the plan.

 

She concludes that he was okay looking.. 

 

 

Okay, but who was she kidding, he was handsome. 

 

But looks does not equal personality, so she’s sparing herself the trouble. 

 

She will be as neutral as possible and will not make a person’s appearance a priority. 

‘The person’s heart is more important’ Chaeyoung vowed to herself, somehow making her remember about h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter