Colorful, Beautiful

Fiction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Warning: there are few execration in the story. I apologize beforehand if I cause any discomfort for anyone.

 

April 7, 2013

I groomed my hair, making sure to perfect it. I couldn't tell if time was going by fast or slow, but I could feel my pounding heart against my chest, speeding up with every second, every minute. My palms were sweaty as I wiped it against my pants. I grabbed my nametag and left my apartment, locking the door behind me. 

"You're late." I looked up at the boss whose arms were crossed, watching me walk in. 

"Ah, sorry, Jisung." I apologized, but he glared at me. "Hyung." 

"That's better." Jisung smiled and patted my head. "Well, someone came in looking for you. He sat and waited-"

"Did he have pink hair?!" I frantically grabbed his shoulders with a strong grip. 

"Ow man, yeah. He's sitting over there, geez." He pointed to a table closest to the corner of the shop. "So, is he like, your boyfriend?" Jisung smiled, looking like the troll he is. I didn't respond.

"Gasp! He is!" Jisung giggled and smacked my arm. I could only bite my lip in embarrassment, rubbing the area he smacked.

"He's only a friend! Shush.." I sighed.

I took a deep breath, turning around to make my way to the table where the pink-haired man was occupied. I stood by the table awkwardly.

"So are you going to sit or just stand there?" His cheekish smile made me even more nervous than I was before. I pulled out a chair, taking a seat across Kang EuiGeon. He had a cup of black coffee in his hands as he smiled at me. 

"I'm sorry I didn't call you last night. I was busy with studies." His lips pressed into a thin line. 

"That's okay. I wasn't expecting anyways." I replied with a nod. Daniel pouted. 

"Did you... wanna go for a walk?" he asked. I stiffened. 

"Uhh.. Let me-"

"Leave." Jisung shouted from behind the counter. Eavesdropper. 

Daniel smiled and looked at me happily. He took a grasp of my hand and dragged me out the door, the bell chiming loudly behind us. It was almost as if we were running for forever, hand in hand, escaping reality for just a few seconds. I took a good look at the almost-stranger. His smile was so bright, his hair pushed back by the wind, his features were sharp, they stood out; I could almost paint him. We slowed down as we arrived at the park from down the street of the coffee shop. Daniel took a deep breath, inhaling the rainy aroma. I kept staring at him, not able to take my eyes off. 

"Is something on my face?" Daniel let go of my hand, feeling his face. I chuckled.

"No, I was just... distracted." I clenched my fists. 

"Did you know at night time, this park is the best place to see the stars?" he glanced my way. I shook my head in response. 

"You don't speak much, do you?" he observed. 

"I guess not." I said in thought. 

"You know, the first time I met you, well yesterday, I thought you really didn't like me. You looked at me really... weird. Like, you had something against me. Something like that." he mumbled off. I bit my lip, afraid I'd scared him. 

"I-I.. I guess... I'm just like that." I didn't even know how to respond. 

"Well," he laughed, "you don't have to hide in front of me. I can assure you, I'm all secrets." 

Daniel and I sat on a bench underneath a tree. The rain was like mist being sprayed. It was peaceful where we were. Not too loud yet not too quiet; it felt nice.

"How long have you been working at that coffee place?" he asked curiously. 

"Almost a year now, I think." I kept my answer short. Daniel tilted his head.

"Why're you working when you're so young? If that's okay to ask." he turned his head to me. I wasn't sure what to say. I gulped, nervous as to if he'd judge me or not. Can I trust this stranger? Daniel grinned.

"It's okay if you don't want to tell me." he gently smiled. The man took my hand, squeezing it before letting go. 

"I lost my family. My mom, and my dad." I looked straight ahead at the endless trees.

"I-I'm so sorry.. for your loss, and for asking." Daniel had a blank expression.

"No, it's okay. You didn't know." I smiled, assuring him. I inhaled a long breath, exhaling slowly, feeling my breath quiver. I'm not this weak.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter