The Book

The Descendants
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa was walking along the corridors alone. Namjoon went to class first while Jennie, Hoseok and Yoongi were coming in late since they were busy planning something evil that they would be doing for the day. Lisa wasn’t in the mood to join them and it made her wonder why. Among their group of friends, she was the trickster and prankster, so she couldn’t help but get confused as to what had changed her.

“Ouch!”

Lisa found herself staring to the girl sitting on the ground, massaging her hurt . Lisa remebered seeing the girl from her class. She recalled her name being Lee Hayi, the daughter of Fairy Godmother. To what Lisa have heard, the school has them too, the nerdy students and Hayi together with Lee Suhyun and Lee Chanhyuk, children of Merida, were part of that group and to Lisa’s utter disgust, even if they were their own people, they were still treating them as outcasts.

“I’m so sorry.” Lisa quickly apologized, offering her hand to help.

“You—” Hayi was frozen when she looked up and saw Lisa. “I’m so sorry! Please don’t hurt me!” Hayi quickly stood up, bowing her head in fear. “I swear, I didn’t mean to—”

“Hayi-ah!” They both looked to where the voice came and saw Suhyun with her brother, Chanhyuk.

“Oh my gosh! It’s one of them!” Chanhyuk whispered but Lisa heard him.

“Suhyun, Chanhyuk!” Hayi quickly ran towards her friends, leaving Lisa alone in the corridors.

“Wait! You forgot something!” Lisa called out but the three friends were already out from her sight. “Jeez. Am i really that scary?” Lisa could only say, looking sad. “Aishh! Snap out of it, Lisa! You’re Lalisa! Daughter of Cruella Dev’ill!”

Lisa shook her head to make herself back to normal. She then took the book that Hayi had dropped earlier. She eyed it with curiousity and thought of returning it back when Jennie suddenly appeared.

“Hey! What’s up?”

“God, Jennie! Don’t jump on me like that!” Lisa nagged.

“Pfft.” Jennie could only giggle. “What’s that?” Jennie snatched the book from Lisa’s hold.

“It’s some kind of book. Hayi dropped it awhile ago.” Lisa answered. “I guess I’ll just have to return it to her later in class.” Lisa added and reached for the book again but Jennie slapped her hand away. “Ouch! What was that for?”

“NO WAY! No freaking way that you’ll return this book, Lisa!” Jennie beamed, smiling so widely.

“Why? What is it?” Lisa asked curiously.

“It’s a Magic Spell Book!” Jennie whispered excitedly.

*****

“Taehyung!” Jisoo cheered when Taehyung came inside their classroom. “You’re back!” And Jisoo ran towards him and caught him off guard by her sudden embrace. “I’m glad you’re back, Tae.” Jisoo whispered.

“Yeah, it’s good to be back.” Taehyung replied, smiling and hugging her back.

“You’re on the way.”

Jisoo flinched and immediately broke from the embrace when she heard that cold voice. Both she and Taehyung looked to their side and saw Yoongi with Hoseok standing by the door, glaring towards them.

“Sorry.” Jisoo finally answered after the awkward silence and went to move out from the way but Taehyung stay rooted on his spot, glaring back at Yoongi. “Tae, please.” Jisoo went to reach for taehyung’s arm, clutching it.

The gesture didn’t escape Yoongi’s eyes and it made him more pissed. Taehyung on the other hand looked back towards Jisoo, only to find her shaking her head. Taehyung glared back at Yoongi once again before stepping away from him finally. After what had happened days ago, Taehyung decided to keep himself more in control for the sake of his friends, family and most importantly, for Jisoo.

“Thank you.” Jisoo whispered and Taehyung could only smile in return.

“Come on, you two.” Jimin appeared to their side. “Let’s sit down. The teacher’s coming.” He informed.

*****

“I don’t get it though. Why are we keeping their secret about that Beast.” Hoseok asked, staring daggers to the table where Taehyung and the rest of his friends were enjoying their lunch.

“We’re not keeping their secret Hoseok.” Yoongi answered, munching his apple. “We’re just waiting for the right time to reveal it. It’s a good way to threaten them anyway.”

“Yeah, you’re totally right.” Hoseok smiled. “Ever since we knew about their secret, it seemed like they were trying to avoid us or didn’t try to mess with us in any way, which is great for us, right?”

“Yeah. We got one hindrance away from our asses.” Yoongi replied. “Where are the girls anyway?” Yoongi craned his neck to find any signs of Jennie and Lisa.

“And Namjoon.” Hoseok added, craning his neck around the vast cafeteria.

Ever since the time when Yoongi decided for them to continue their secret mission, Namjoon had become distant with them. Yoongi knew that their friend was starting to drift away from them but he didn’t do anything knowing that Namjoon was still his friend. Yoongi decided to just let him be for now since he knew that Namjoon wouldn’t rattle them out to other people since they were still his friends.

“Hey guys! Sorry we’re late.” Jennie greeted, sitting herself beside Yoongi. “Guess what?”

“Lisa farted and had to go? Is that why you’re late?” Hoseok stated earning him a smack on his head from Lisa.

“Shut up, you stupid birdbrain!” Lisa wailed.

“Ouch!” Hoseok complained. “What are you guys talking about anyway?”

“Lisa found a book.” Jennie started but got cut off when Hoseok gasped in surprise.

“You read?” Hoseok covered his mouth in shock, looking at Lisa.

“Aishh! Ya! I read too, you know!” Lisa said. “Just the introductions though. They bored me to death.”

“Pfft.” Hoseok snickered. “You call that reading?”

“Guys!” Jennie yelled. “Shut up! I’m still talking.” And both Lisa and Hoseok quickly shut their mouth close.

“So, as what I was saying, Lisa found a book, but not just a book.” Jennie’s eyes sparkled when she took out the book from her back just enough for them to see. “A magic spell book.”

The book on Jennie got Yoongi’s full attention. He eyed the book carefully and looked up to see Jennie smirking. Even Hoseok was excited that he kept on squealing while Lisa looked uncertain.

“Then let’s start playing, shall we?” Yoongi said, smiling evilly.

*****

“Your highness.”Seokjin looked up and saw Namjoon standing by the door of his study.

“Namjoon! Come on in.” Seokjin urged and offered him a seat across him. “What is it? And please, just call me Jin.”

“Thanks, Jin.” Namjoon answered and went to sit in front of the future king.

“So, what can I do for you?” Seokjin’s full attention was now directed towards Namjoon and the boy looked hesitant and darted his eyes towards the book lying on the table.

Namjoon’s brows knitted upon remembering t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter