Irene needs updates

My Video Game Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Thanks for the reviews, I didn’t really expect any. Not to be that annoying author, but these stories aren’t going to get completed any faster just because some of you go under another story to tell me to update that, just saying, if anything that just is very very annoying/rude. And hurts the process. Either way, thank you to those of you who do not do this, and respect that I am just one person who can only do but so much at the end of the day, thank you.




 

Days had passed since their discussion about marriage. Though it was absolutely what both Seulgi and Irene wanted. They made sure to reassure each other that if for some reason they didn’t get married. They would remain together no matter what, and at least they would try. Or Seulgi had a plan of sorts. 

 

“I was thinking about how when I draw things for you, they usually come to life. Why don’t we try that?” Seulgi suggests. “We can draw you up some identification, birth certificate, things like that.”

 

“And these things will help us to get married?” Irene asks from behind Seulgi, with her arms wrapped around the tanned woman’s waist, as she leaned into the crook of Seulgi’s neck. She was curious to see what Seulgi was about to draw. She expected it to possibly be a work related drawing. But was pleasantly surprised when Seulgi explained what the ultimate goal had been.

 

“Yes, I think it’s worth a shot. So, Irene, tell me about yourself?”

 

Seulgi wanted this to be a team effort, and so together they decided things like her birthday.

 

“I like Spring weather, so how about a March birthday.” Irene asks. “How about March 29?”

 

From there, the two of them really decided on everything. Her birthday, where she was born, the kind of career she has.

 

“Scientist.” Irene says randomly. “We can say I’m a scientist.”

 

Seulgi chuckles out loud at that. “What if someone asks what kind of scientist, huh? What are you going to do to show you are?”

 

“Easy, look.” Irene presents herself in a lab coat, and random vials and test tubes that seemingly came out of nowhere. Because they did in fact come out of nowhere. Irene really is amazing, truly. Seulgi could have never imagined her continuing to show all these cool things about herself. It would have been a shame had Irene stayed a video game character, well not for the players playing, no. But Seulgi thinks about not being able to have had the chance to know this incredible person. And the fact that Irene wouldn’t have had the chance to experience the real world. She would have been saddened too for that reason, as Irene really does enjoy being here.

 

“Okay, scientist it is.” Seulgi wants to do this for her, as it’s what Irene wants. They had the best time too, laughing over certain things, or changing information if it wasn’t exactly to Irene’s liking. For Seulgi, it was almost like working on background information for one of the characters in a game. Only she was creating real information for a person. She could safely say that she wouldn’t be doing anything like this again.

 

“All done, do you want to double check and see if there’s anything else you’d like to add.” She shows the pages to Irene so that she could look over them. The hope was for them to come to life too, as everything else related to Irene did. Seulgi hasn’t drawn anything for a while and so the artist is somewhat nervous. Irene checks over everything and agrees with it all.

 

“Here goes then.” Irene whispers and holds onto one of Seulgi’s hands. She too is feeling nervous now. What if these documents and papers don’t come to life? They do need them, and as Irene said if they don’t get married, things won’t change for them or their feelings. It would be nice though to be able to marry the person who is meant for her. If the romances that are meant to be in the games work, why can’t the one she’s experiencing in real life work too. The two of them wait patiently for something to happen, and when it doesn’t. Neither of them try to get too disappointed.

 

“Let’s not worry too much, Rene. I’ll try again later, maybe with my better pens and pencils. These were kind of sloppy anyway.”

 

No they weren’t. Nothing Seulgi draws is sloppy. Irene appreciates that Seulgi is trying to make her feel better. That’s why Irene chooses to be optimistic too. There wasn’t anything to really fear yet. And as much as they were trying to stay hopeful for each other, to not make the other person feel discouraged or upset. Something happened later in the day that really scared them both. Seulgi was just about to start drawing again, to see what could be done. When she noticed Irene sitting there, eyes closed, and glitching?

 

Yes glitching in a way that only a video game character would. Seulgi has never seen this happen before. She hurried over to Irene and gently touched her cheeks.

 

“Irene, what’s wrong? Talk to me.”

 

The glitching only lasts for a few moments. The longest and scariest few moments of Seulgi’s life to be honest. Finally, when Irene does open her eyes. She looks at her with an embarrassed smile.

 

“Sorry, I think I need updating.”

 

“W-What….” Seulgi laughs, despite herself. “So what should we do, hook you up to the computer and install updates?”
 

The couple share a brief laugh over that and Seulgi kisses her forehead. “You had me worried for a moment, Rene.”

 

“Then you better let me get those updates then.” 

 

The funniest thing was that once Irene got those so called “updates”. She didn’t seem to be glitching anymore and they took that both as a positive sign. In fact, Irene seemed to be in better spirits overall. 

 

“There I feel better, see what a good patch or two will do.”

 

Seulgi chuckles and nods. “As someone who works for a game company I should know that.”

 

From there, everything seemed fine. Irene felt better and Seulgi felt relieved. Her girlfriend even suggested they go out, further proof Irene was feeling fine again.

 

“Where do you want to go?”

 

“Can we go back to the amusement park, just us? Is that okay?”

 

“Sure, of course, Irene.”

 

“Thank you, Seulgi.”

 

Irene did enjoy the amusement park. She thought it was probably one of the most perfect places ever. How could one place basically have everything you could want or need, food, games, rides, and of course what made it better was having Seulgi by her side. On the one hand, while Irene had a great time winning all the games and collecting the prizes. Enjoyed eating all the food she either didn’t try or really loved. (Yes cotton candy was not considered a food in her opinion). Irene was trying to really remember everything well about the amusement park. The various games and their bright lights attract you to come and play. The way the food smelled as it was being cooked and handed to the hungry customers. She wanted to remember everything.

 

“Where are you?” Seulgi asks as they walk hand in hand. “You didn’t even finish your second cotton candy? So something must be on your mind.” Seulgi gently touches her forehead with her free hand. “Can I pick your brain for your thoughts?”

 

Irene proceeds to scream then. “Pick my brain! Why would you do a thing like that?”

 

“No, no it was just an expression, I’m not…”
 

It was much too late though, as the dark-haired woman rambled on and on about how Seulgi isn’t a surgeon, and how picking someone’s brains might sound like fun. But it’s probably actually not really.

 

“And what about the side effects, huh. What if you shake something around in there that shouldn’t be shaken and….”

 

Seulgi knew the only way she could calm Irene down was a very simple, yet effective method of kissing her. But not just any old kiss, no, that wouldn’t do. Irene stopped her rant only because she felt that soft hand onto her cheek, and then there was how Seulgi was looking at her. Seulgi looked at her with that gentle loving gaze that only someone deeply in love would do. Why does Irene feel like she’s in a scene from every romantic movie she’s ever watched. Why does it feel as if her heart will come flying out of her chest? Then there was the kiss itself, gentle at first, but only at first as they both gave everything in that one kiss. A kiss that led to a few more passionate kisses, so much so that people were definitely staring at them, either in awe, envy, or just plain nosiness.

 

When they break away it’s only for air. Seulgi smiles at how red faced Irene is. She looks super cute to her at that moment. 

 

“That’s not fair, you only kissed me so I would stop talking.”

 

“No, I kissed you because I love you.”

 

“Sweet talker….”

 

Irene has no idea what has happened. But she appreciates how much easier it’s been for Seulgi to express her feelings for her. It’s nice to just have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter