Irene shows you her world

My Video Game Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I didn’t forget about this story, it is on my list of fics to complete, like everything is, so I figured why not try and finish this soon. It didn’t need a whole lot more to complete it, I think about four more chapters maybe less. We’ll see, it doesn’t need to drag out for long. So if anyone’s still interested, thank you! And here’s chapter 7



 

Though Irene preferred when she and Seulgi were alone. She was also getting used to the friends of hers. They weren’t as bad as she originally thought. At the same time, Irene was keeping both her eyes on the other three humans. Because if videogames have taught her anything a friend in the party is always susceptible to betrayal. For now, they seem okay as they all hang out together.  The best part of all of course was holding hands with Seulgi. To be honest, she didn’t much care about anything else as long as she and Seulgi were together.

 

“Want some?” Yerim offers her what looks like a fluffy pink cloud of sorts, though on a stick.

 

“What is it?” Irene pokes the cotton candy curiously.

 

“Cotton Candy, it’s just one of the many amusement park foods. Maybe you’d like…” Before Yerim could even continue explaining anything. Irene grabs the entire cotton candy from the human, and in a blink of an eye she devours the whole thing.

 

“When the did she turn into Kirby!” Jou asks with wide eyes, surprised to see how the whole cotton candy is gone. Yerim was about to complain that she didn’t give Irene the whole thing, only Irene’s eyes are all huge in a way that Seulgi knows is her excitement. 

 

“Seulgi, I must have more of this cotton candy.”

 

“Uh…”

 

Naturally, Joohyun doesn’t even wait for a response as she proceeds to drag Seulgi alone with her to find more of this new snack she already loves. Seungwan, Sooyoung, and Yerim are honestly just stunned, for lack of better words. Irene was like a woman possessed as she ran around the amusement park with lightning speed, literally. Sometimes, Irene acts so normal with them. They all forget she is in fact, essentially a video game character. Or was supposed to be, so it’s only natural at times for Irene to slip back into that video game mindframe.

 

“She’s completely insane.” Joy whispers to both Seungwan and Yerim who agree. Yerim especially misses the fact she has no cotton candy.

 

“Remind me to not offer her anything to eat again.”
 

With that being said, the friends had to admit, it was rather sweet how Irene apologized to Seulgi several times for dragging her around so fast. With soft kisses and making sure the monolid woman wasn’t hurt.

 

“Let me heal you, I have potions!”

 

Awkward, but adorable, especially as they had never seen their friend so happy with anyone before. It was clear to the three of them that Seulgi and Irene certainly cared about each other.

 

“I think, as crazy as Irene acts.” Seungwan begins softly. “They make a really cute pair, and you guys have to admit Seul is really happy, and that’s what we care about most, right?”
 

“Well…” the two younger women kind of don’t know what to say. They do want Seulgi happy, and it’s clear to them that she is. On the other hand they are still kind of worried for their friend’s safety. 

 

“Yeah, we want her to be happy.” Joy speaks first, looking at Irene is actually trying to give Seulgi a potion, and it’s cute in a hilariously awkward sort of way. “Who knew it would take a video game character to make our friend happy.”

 

“I always knew video games would save the world.” Yerim admits. It is sweet to see Seulgi reassuring Irene she’s fine, and even holding hands with her too, as the momentary craziness subsided. The group of four went about their activities. Irene personally could have never imagined such a place like the amusement park. Not only was there tons of delicious food, many of which she was making note of to try again, starting with cotton candy. There were lots of games too, bumper cars, arcade games, and something called laser tag. Irene really loved laser tag, maybe because she was able to shoot a laser gun, without any real repercussions. As it was for fun and she even had fun with Seulgi’s friends. The rides were nice too, as she loved all the ones she could go on with Seulgi together, even the scary ferris wheel.

 

Mostly since Irene got to hold on tightly to Seulgi’s arm, any excuse to hold onto the woman she loved. All in all this turned out to be the nicest day with herself and Seulgi’s friend. They definitely were all getting along, and her friends appreciated that Irene was able to give them all cheat codes during the games to win prizes.

 

“I feel like you are all taking advantage of my system.”

 

“W-What, no, of course not, Irene, old buddy.” Joy taps her hard in the arm.

 

“But, we do appreciate you giving us all the cheat codes.” Seungwan nods. “I’ll bake you whatever your favorite dessert is in thanks.”

 

“Carrot cake!” Irene nods enthusiastically. 

 

For Seulgi, this was really the best thing that could possibly happen. Her girlfriend and friends are getting along, laughing, and talking without any possible bloodshed. Now that they were on more friendlier terms, Irene wasn’t trying to attack anyone with weapons. Seulgi could see them hanging out more in the future. Irene turned toward her and smiled that bright smile of hers. The sort of smile that has Seulgi’s heart pounding, and naturally makes her smile back. She hoped to always see Irene smiling. She wanted to make sure to be one of the reasons Irene did smile.

 

On the way back home, after separating from her friends. Irene talked animatedly about the day, how much of a good time she did have.

 

“We should go to the amusement park more often.” Irene mentions. “I had a great time today.”

 

“I’m really glad, Irene. I hoped today would give you some fun, and you tried even more things in the human world you really like.”

 

“I love cotton candy.” The raven nods. “But, I love you more.”

 

How did she get so lucky? To have someone as wonderful as Irene. Seulgi can’t even talk for a moment and she feels like she might cry. For so long, she didn’t have anyone, and that was actually okay. She didn’t mind being single, as it was her choice, and Seulgi only wished to be in a relationship because she wanted to. While it’s true, Irene came at the most unexpected time in a most unexpected way. Those are often some of the best surprises.

 

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Irene frowns in concern. She touches a tanned cheek and has Seulgi look into her eyes. If Irene didn’t know any better she could swear Seulgi was on the verge of tears, and that could not be. She didn’t want to see Seulgi sad, not if she could help it.

 

“Nothing’s wrong, I’m just really lucky to have you. Lucky that you’re here.”

 

Irene nods in understanding. Sometimes she thinks about the fact that if the artist didn’t pick up her pen to draw. She would not exist. Though she still doesn’t understand how it is she came to be real. Instead of on that paper, or a part of the video game she was supposed to be in. Irene is grateful she is here. That’s why Irene never lets her mind get too lost in those sad thoughts. She would much rather stay here in the present with Seulgi. They could not have fun and enjoy their good memories if there was negativity surrounding them.

 

“Don’t cry.” Irene tells her softly with a kiss to her forehead. “I’m glad to be here with you too. I know what, come with me. I want to show you something.”

 

“Okay, sure.”

 

Seulgi is used to being pulled to other places with Irene. She has seen things and places the woman has created, and they are all beautiful. This, this new place was something completely unexpected. To put it simply, it was like being in Irene’s world, a beach, with it’s bright w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter