The oblivious maknae

That XX Sasaeng fan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

October,2006

“Hyung, what is ‘Sasaeng fans’?”

Jiyong looked up from his desktop to look at his maknae that is lying sideway on his bed. “Why did you ask?” he asked back without answering the question.

Seungri didn’t looked at Jiyong. He is flipping through a magazine and his face is scrunched up when he saw the news about TVXQ’s Yunho that was hospitalized after a fan give him a drink that mixed with adhesive. He is confused. It’s a fan, right? Why would a fan do such a horrible thing to their idol that is threatening to the idol’s life?

Jiyong leave the half-written composing song that he worked on for Big Bang’s upcoming album and lie beside Seungri. He rested his head on the maknae’s shoulder and read the same article Seungri is reading right now. “How could you didn’t know what Sasaeng fans is?” he said with an amuse tone that he didn’t intend to hide.

Seungri push Jiyong’s head from his bony shoulder and glare at his hyung. He pouted, sulking that Jiyong is amuse with the fact that he didn’t know something that maybe everyone’s know. You can’t blame him to be this insecure. Seungri is only 16 and come from Gwangju. He is not exposed with entertainment things like Jiyong did because apparently Jiyong lived in Seoul and spent all his childhood preparing for being an idol thus such entertainment exposure is expected from him. He is glad that Jiyong didn’t hate him anymore like he did after their initial meeting – they are close with each other after spending emotional moment watching ‘Goong’ together – but he hated the fact that Jiyong always make fun of him when he didn’t know something that Jiyong know. He hated it even more when Jiyong call him ‘country bumpkin’ with a proud smirk plastered on his face, acting superior and all that.

Jiyong notice that Seungri is sulking but he doesn’t feel like apologizing. He is having fun watching that cute pout on his maknae’s face. “Sasaeng fans are fans that is obsessed with their idols.” he started, gaining Seungri’s attention. “They want to get close and being remembered by their favourite idols thus they intend to do something extreme that normal fans didn’t do in order to show their love”

“But this fan is poisoning Yunho sunbae!” Seungri shrieked. It’s horrid him to read about Yunho’s accident. Yunho vomit after drinking that poisonous drink and rush to the ER. Luckily, he survived after being hospitalized for a few days but suffer trauma and anxiety disorder. It’s a pity for someone nice like him to going through such a cruel experience. “It’s not a fan. That person might be an anti! Fans would never do that”

Jiyong patted Seungri’s head affectionately. What a cutie pie, doesn’t know about harsh reality of people’s cruelty. “Maknae, like I said before, these sasaeng fans are obsessed. They are not normal fans that only satisfied with getting picture or shakes hand with the idols. They would do anything in order to get their idols to notice them”

“That fan almost kill Yunho sunbae and said it’s a joke! I don’t get it! If you’re a fan, you should love him. Not harm him!” Seungri is furious. He shoved the magazine to Jiyong and point it to the article like he is trying to make the older get what he meant.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter